Pelosi moves to intimidate Democratic rivals as she tries to cling to power

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Rep. Nancy Pelosi formally announced Wednesday she is running to retain her spot as House minority leader and sent a warning shot to potential rivals by informing her colleagues that she has already locked up “the support of more than two-thirds” of the Democratic caucus.

Mrs. Pelosi has led the caucus since 2003, but the results of the election last week convinced the caucus to delay a scheduled vote this week on leadership posts until Nov. 30, with members saying they want more time to digest the shellacking the party took.

Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, meanwhile, has emerged as a potential challenger and has warned that the party has lost touch with working-class voters in the Rust Belt and Midwest that it will need to recapture a House majority.

Mrs. Pelosi, though, made it clear in a letter to her colleagues Wednesday that she does not plan on giving up her post.

“It is with both humility and confidence that I write to request your support for House Democratic Leader,” the 76-year-old wrote to her colleagues. “As of this writing, I am pleased to report the support of more than two-thirds of the Caucus.”

Democrats were optimistic early on in the 2016 race about their chances of flipping control of the 30 seats they needed to retake control of the House.

Nancy Pelosi officially enters race to be House minority leader in new Congress

Her demise would top off the best election in decades! It's the cherry on top if she loses the election!

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Rep. Nancy Pelosi formally announced Wednesday she is running to retain her spot as House minority leader and sent a warning shot to potential rivals by informing her colleagues that she has already locked up “the support of more than two-thirds” of the Democratic caucus.

Mrs. Pelosi has led the caucus since 2003, but the results of the election last week convinced the caucus to delay a scheduled vote this week on leadership posts until Nov. 30, with members saying they want more time to digest the shellacking the party took.

Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, meanwhile, has emerged as a potential challenger and has warned that the party has lost touch with working-class voters in the Rust Belt and Midwest that it will need to recapture a House majority.

Mrs. Pelosi, though, made it clear in a letter to her colleagues Wednesday that she does not plan on giving up her post.

“It is with both humility and confidence that I write to request your support for House Democratic Leader,” the 76-year-old wrote to her colleagues. “As of this writing, I am pleased to report the support of more than two-thirds of the Caucus.”

Democrats were optimistic early on in the 2016 race about their chances of flipping control of the 30 seats they needed to retake control of the House.

Her demise would top off the best election in decades! It's the cherry on top if she loses the election!

Actually, her being there helps the GOP.

They can't help but look smart next to Pelosi and Reid.

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Reid is out of the picture.

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Reid is leaving

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Lol, talk about a transition in disarray!

She's scared she'd lose the free use of the gov't. airplane that flies she, her family, and friends back and forth to DC. I am sure she is HORRIFIED at the thought. Lol

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Reid is leaving

Did someone else punch him in the eye?

Pelosi is in Trouble!

It's a lot like what the Republicans went through when Obama won. It's about time.

I'm inclined to think she needs to go and it's time for someone new but, when I realize it's someone the Republicans actively hate, I have to step back and go hmmmmm......

Pelosi is in Trouble!

Reid is leaving

Did someone else punch him in the eye?

No, but some of the treadmills in the Senate Gym have been giving him the evil eye lately

nancy-pelosi-on-obamacare-then-now-560x560.jpg

pelosi.jpg

The claws are out.

Pelosi is in Trouble!

It's a lot like what the Republicans went through when Obama won. It's about time.

I'm inclined to think she needs to go and it's time for someone new but, when I realize it's someone the Republicans actively hate, I have to step back and go hmmmmm......

I hope she stays. She did such a fine job as the 2nd most powerful rat in the nation. Rats down to 16 governorships and nothing in DC. By all means...Pelosi Now and Forever!!

aside from Hillary, they should also sentence Pelosi to working as that clown we throw baseballs at, at a circus, and when u nail her in the forehead, she drops into that pool of real pissed off alligators

Pelosi is in Trouble!

I hope she stays. She did such a fine job as the 2nd most powerful rat in the nation. Rats down to 16 governorships and nothing in DC. By all means...Pelosi Now and Forever!!

hmmm...except correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation.

Why do the Pugs hate her so much? You'd think they'd want her to stay and stay and .... well, you get the picture. Think Strom Thurmond.

they should make Pelosi work a Wal Mart return counter for two years straight! then see what us little people go thru

And Trump can bag the groceries as she checks them out. BRILLIANT idea! I like that :)
Pelosi's clinging to power is a bit like you clinging to respectability on USMB because you're a mod.
Nancy Pelosi,,,soon to be "White House Horse Manure Scooper".....you know, the job where u work the streets in DC cleaning up all of that Horse Poop.

Forum List

Back