PBS/Sesame Street... Homophobes?...

You have my condolences on the PBS part of that.

I envy you on the age of your children.

Immie

What's wrong with the PBS kids programming? I help take care of a 2 year old, and I have no problem with the shows in general. Sid the Science Kid, Word World, Sesame Street and Martha Speaks all try to be educational. Things like Clifford, Arthur, not so much. But considering how the little one loves SpongeBob, a show with absolutely no educational value (and possibly even a negative effect! lol) I'm glad if she enjoys watching anything that might help her learn to read or count! :lol:

Hehe,

I have a long standing hatred of Sesame Street. :lol:

You see, when I was 9 or 10, around that age, I had a 4 year old brother and Sesame Street came on at the same time as Speed Racer and Kimba... yes, I will admit I liked the White Lion. Well, my little brother always got to watch Sesame Street! Oh and to make matters worse, a lot of times my mom made us watch it with my little brother to help keep him entertained!

Man do I have issue or what? :lol::lol::lol:

Immie

Hah!
That's the kind of long-term, irrational grudge I can understand! :lol:

What's wrong with the PBS kids programming? I help take care of a 2 year old, and I have no problem with the shows in general. Sid the Science Kid, Word World, Sesame Street and Martha Speaks all try to be educational. Things like Clifford, Arthur, not so much. But considering how the little one loves SpongeBob, a show with absolutely no educational value (and possibly even a negative effect! lol) I'm glad if she enjoys watching anything that might help her learn to read or count! :lol:

Hehe,

I have a long standing hatred of Sesame Street. :lol:

You see, when I was 9 or 10, around that age, I had a 4 year old brother and Sesame Street came on at the same time as Speed Racer and Kimba... yes, I will admit I liked the White Lion. Well, my little brother always got to watch Sesame Street! Oh and to make matters worse, a lot of times my mom made us watch it with my little brother to help keep him entertained!

Man do I have issue or what? :lol::lol::lol:

Immie

Hah!
That's the kind of long-term, irrational grudge I can understand! :lol:

Irrational! Are you kidding me? I mean it was not like it conflicted with Oprah or something like that. We are talking Speed Racer! :lol:

Immie

Forum List

Back