...PBS & Frontline vs 2000 Mules

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Tonight's Frontline (on PBS) presents another of their insightful and informative shows.
This one about the 'Lies' of Donald Trump vis-a-vis not only the last election....but also the nature and character of DTrump well before the election he lost.

If any of our readers here are enamored of the film '2,000 Mules'......well, this film on PBS can make you a more rounded and balanced patriot. So you know that there is nuance, there are views that could illuminate the wholeness of your own views.

The newest documentary by the great PBS “Frontline” outfit premieres Tuesday night at 9 p.m. It’s titled “Lies, Politics and Democracy.”

"The newest documentary by the great PBS “Frontline” outfit premieres Tuesday night at 9 p.m. It’s titled “Lies, Politics and Democracy.”

I’ll just put this right out there. The documentary is two hours long, and a lot of it is stuff you already know, although there’s likely to be some facts or ideas in there that will be new to you.

But the film is as honest and accurate and chilling as you can imagine. If possible, we should all save a copy and rerun it in future presidential election years to make sure we remember what happened in 2020..."

Tonight's Frontline (on PBS) presents another of their insightful and informative shows.
This one about the 'Lies' of Donald Trump vis-a-vis not only the last election....but also the nature and character of DTrump well before the election he lost.

If any of our readers here are enamored of the film '2,000 Mules'......well, this film on PBS can make you a more rounded and balanced patriot. So you know that there is nuance, there are views that could illuminate the wholeness of your own views.

The newest documentary by the great PBS “Frontline” outfit premieres Tuesday night at 9 p.m. It’s titled “Lies, Politics and Democracy.”

"The newest documentary by the great PBS “Frontline” outfit premieres Tuesday night at 9 p.m. It’s titled “Lies, Politics and Democracy.”

I’ll just put this right out there. The documentary is two hours long, and a lot of it is stuff you already know, although there’s likely to be some facts or ideas in there that will be new to you.

But the film is as honest and accurate and chilling as you can imagine. If possible, we should all save a copy and rerun it in future presidential election years to make sure we remember what happened in 2020..."

I set it to record before I came to work. TBH I haven't liked a lot of Frontline's production decisions lately. That guy from ProPublica that seems to be on all the time is just annoying and do we really need so many drone shots of him driving into possum holler to interview the latest right wing crack pot? The reporting, as always, is superb however. I'm looking forward to it.

wow.

more gas-lighting.

If the PBS documentary is filled with lies, like this article is?

1662518442155.png
\

_4fcf6b58-fd91-11e6-a3af-7fa15638f741.png

Lies, Politics and Democracy (full film) | FRONTLINE​

I have reviewed some of it, about a half hour here and there.

It does not seem to be very attached to reality in some places. Though I would agree with their analysis of Trump's attack upon members of the Freedom Caucus. Trump is very pro-military, I imagine he has stake holders in the MIC, and thus, those in the FC that don't vote the way he needs them to, will tend to find themselves in the dog house. . . just a suspicion, given his budgets. . .

But their characterization of his reliance on white nationalists, and their unsourced and unverifiable claims that he "depends," upon white nationalists?

I call balderdash on it all.

Word for Word: Pres. Trump Signs Criminal Justice Reform Bills Into Law (C-SPAN)​

President Trump Signs the HBCU Executive Order​

President Trump signs new Investments In "Opportunity Zones"​

First Lady Melania Trump Hosts Sickle Cell Disease Roundtable at the White House​

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx2LW3KOxTY

Seems to me? They are weaving a garbage narrative that does not reflect reality. . . . :dunno:

Last edited:

It is PBS, which means it is pimping lefty agenda. I might still watch it though. While lefties will NEVER watch 2,000 mules, I am objective enough to watch lefty agenda as well as what tickles my bias.

Lies, Politics and Democracy (full film) | FRONTLINE​

I have reviewed some of it, about a half hour here and there.

It does not seem to be very attached to reality in some places. Though I would agree with their analysis of Trump's attack upon members of the Freedom Caucus. Trump is very pro-military, I imagine he has stake holders in the MIC, and thus, those in the FC that don't vote the way he needs them to, will tend to find themselves in the dog house. . . just a suspicion, given his budgets. . .

But their characterization of his reliance on white nationalists, and their unsourced and unverifiable claims that he "depends," upon white nationalists?

I call balderdash on it all.

Word for Word: Pres. Trump Signs Criminal Justice Reform Bills Into Law (C-SPAN)​

President Trump Signs the HBCU Executive Order​

President Trump signs new Investments In "Opportunity Zones"​

First Lady Melania Trump Hosts Sickle Cell Disease Roundtable at the White House​

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx2LW3KOxTY

Seems to me? They are weaving a garbage narrative that does not reflect reality. . . . :dunno:

When you hear Qonon and white nationalist stuff come up, you know it's all bullshit. Balderdash as you call it.

It is PBS, which means it is pimping lefty agenda. I might still watch it though. While lefties will NEVER watch 2,000 mules, I am objective enough to watch lefty agenda as well as what tickles my bias.
It is the only way to stay informed.

AbqKCT0.jpg

Documentary???
I might still watch it though.

Well, to all readers ---- what I would highly recommend is the opening segment where they have film clips of presidents going back 70 or 80 years acknowledging their defeat in the Presidential election and encouraging a smooth transition of our governance. I thought that was a creative and apropos comparative. It is very early in the documentary and doesn't last long.....so any skeptics need not invest a lot of time.

I thought the whole documentary was gripping. Sure, I had seen a good share of various segments previously but the narrative linked it all together and made a clearly understandable through-line for events and developments that occurred over several years.

Frontline, American Experience, and ProPublica ...not to mention PBS too.....offer America and Americans a terrific benefit.

PS: Also, an interesting perspective that I had not thought of...or read previously....was why so many Republican leaders went back to supporting DTrump despite their immediate but excoriating condemnation of him for his role in fomenting and accelerating the insurrection at the Capitol on J6.

Per Frontline....and the analysis of Jonathan Karl.....it was because Trump threatened Rona McDaniels (from the airplane taking him away from the Biden Inauguration he gracelessly refused to attend)....anyway, he threatened McDaniels that he was done with the GOP and would go start his own party.

That frightened GOP leadership as they knew it would split the Party and they would become even more of a minority party than they are now.....and thus would lose all chance of having significant roles at the decision tables of our governance. And while many in the Republican establishment held their noses at the type and character of the people that Trump called "his people"....they nonetheless recognized that those folks could vote.

Thus, they began to reel back their harsh criticism of Trump for the J6 debacle. Thus, Kevin McCarthy (who had been particularly excoriating) flew down to MAL to make nice. Thus Mitch McConnell toned down his harsh criticism.

Refreshingly though, Liz Cheney immediately recognized Trump's role as the stoker of J6 and his threat to the GOP, and his threat to America's democracy...and would have none of the nicey-nice with Trump.

I'd recommend readers of an internet 'political forum' watch this Frontline documentary for their informative perspective.

Well, to all readers ---- what I would highly recommend is the opening segment where they have film clips of presidents going back 70 or 80 years acknowledging their defeat in the Presidential election and encouraging a smooth transition of our governance. I thought that was a creative and apropos comparative. It is very early in the documentary and doesn't last long.....so any skeptics need not invest a lot of time.

I thought the whole documentary was gripping. Sure, I had seen a good share of various segments previously but the narrative linked it all together and made a clearly understandable through-line for events and developments that occurred over several years.

Frontline, American Experience, and ProPublica ...not to mention PBS too.....offer America and Americans a terrific benefit.

PS: Also, an interesting perspective that I had not thought of...or read previously....was why so many Republican leaders went back to supporting DTrump despite their immediate but excoriating condemnation of him for his role in fomenting and accelerating the insurrection at the Capitol on J6.

Per Frontline....and the analysis of Jonathan Karl.....it was because Trump threatened Rona McDaniels (from the airplane taking him away from the Biden Inauguration he gracelessly refused to attend)....anyway, he threatened McDaniels that he was done with the GOP and would go start his own party.

That frightened GOP leadership as they knew it would split the Party and they would become even more of a minority party than they are now.....and thus would lose all chance of having significant roles at the decision tables of our governance. And while many in the Republican establishment held their noses at the type and character of the people that Trump called "his people"....they nonetheless recognized that those folks could vote.

Thus, they began to reel back their harsh criticism of Trump for the J6 debacle. Thus, Kevin McCarthy (who had been particularly excoriating) flew down to MAL to make nice. Thus Mitch McConnell toned down his harsh criticism.

Refreshingly though, Liz Cheney immediately recognized Trump's role as the stoker of J6 and his threat to the GOP, and his threat to America's democracy...and would have none of the nicey-nice with Trump.

I'd recommend readers of an internet 'political forum' watch this Frontline documentary for their informative perspective.
Do you have any plans to watch 2000 mules?

Do you have any plans to watch 2000 mules?
I watched most of it. The shit eating grins made me a little nauseated. The corny set pieces were just pathetic.

In the end I felt bad for people that take it seriously.

It's not informative. It's disinformative.

It's simply rehashing fake news and presenting it as a documentary. They know that TDS afflicted morons like yourself will eat that shit up, hook, line and sinker.

I do not watch anybody's propaganda, hence I didn't watch “Lies, Politics and Democracy.”

I wouldn't mind reading the condensed version though, if one exists. So far I haven't seen anything that debunks the 2000 Mules film though.

Lies are common political tools these days, and it's hard to figure out the truth because pretty much everything we see or hear is through someone else's political bias. As for democracy, I don't see a few hundred people breaking into the Capitol building as an insurrection, I see it as a peaceful protest that got out of hand at a bad time and place. As if that hasn't happened several hundred times already in other places and other times. Are we to paint every democrat with the actions of rioters across the country in so many of our biggest cities? Should we also paint every conservative with actions of those Jan 6th protesters? Violence is not in the sole province of either party.

Forum List

Back