Paul Ryan, aka 'Boehner's Mini-Me', Makes Conditional Demands

Well, turn him down and put a Freedom Caucus guy in there.
The last thing the American people want is a Congress that works together.

- 'F' Conservative Rating
- A Gutierez / Obama / liberal Favorite...
- FOR Open Borders, FOR Amnesty
- FOR Sanctuary Cities
- FOR abortions at any stage of pregnancy
- Wants to scrap the Jefferson Rule
- Demands allegiance without promising he will listen to and represent Conservatives / Conservative values
- Has made it clear he is only taking the position if it does not hurt his own personal future political goals

...and you think making Ryan the new Speaker will unite the party and create a Congress that works together?
Well no, I doubt that he can unite the GOP, which is essentially two parties at this point.

And since that can't happen, trying to return to a functional Congress is probably a pipe dream.

Other Ridiculous Ryan DEMANDS:

"Mr. Ryan had said he would only take the speaker’s job if Congress eliminated the power to oust the speaker mid-session — something Rep. Raul Labrador, Idaho Republican, said would undermine the checks and balances that have been in the system since Thomas Jefferson first wrote the parliamentary rule book."

Known as the motion to vacate the chair, the parliamentary maneuver in question is a way for insurgents to topple their chief — similar to a vote of no confidence in parliamentary systems.

Such a motion was part of the trouble faced by Mr. Boehner, who is retiring amid intense dissatisfaction from conservative Republicans.

...if it’s good enough for Jefferson, it’s got to be good enough for Paul Ryan,” Mr. Labrador said."

Paul Ryan's demands include 'non-starter' - Washington Times
he is asking to be appointed king of the teapubs and circumvent rules written by Th Jefferson? :eusa_eh: :eusa_doh: What is he? Like 14 yrs old?:rofl:

- FOR Sanctuary Cities
- Demands allegiance without promising he will listen to and represent Conservatives / Conservative values
- Has made it clear he is only taking the position if it does not hurt his own personal future political goals

...and you think making Ryan the new Speaker will unite the party and create a Congress that works together?
Well no, I doubt that he can unite the GOP, which is essentially two parties at this point.

And since that can't happen, trying to return to a functional Congress is probably a pipe dream.

I think the cure is cutting the "freedom" group loose and telling them to start their own party.

but funny how the GOP made its bed when it gerrymandered its house seats so the only challenge to republicans is from the right... not the left.

and then you end up with winger world holding your party hostage.

Let the teatards nominate their guy

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

Ryan is stepping into a gop hornets nest

He is crazy to even try without assurances from the teatards

You know what I would rather see than 50+ repeals?

That's not 'FIGHT', by the way. That's theater for the rubes.

What I would rather see is an alternative comprehensive plan put on the table. And then I would like to see the plan sold to the American people with truth and integrity and courage.

See, the tards think 'FIGHT' means "always attack the other guys ideas, no matter what". Take a look at their lists. It's a long list of oppositions to things. There isn't one single plan for solving our problems. Not one. It's a long list of persistent whining. It's a list of NO's and walls and hatred.

That's the opposite of courage. Any cowardly jackass can attack the other guy's plans. It takes real guts and real intelligence to put a solution on the table and be prepared to defend it and sell it to the American people as the best answer to our problems.

I have not see that in a coon's age from the GOP.

That's why ObamaCare was enacted. Because the dipshits didn't have a comprehensive alternative plan. They knew health care costs were outpacing inflation for DECADES, and they did NOTHING. Then the Democrats did what they said they would do if they ever got the chance, and suddenly the GOP is all indignant-like.

You got faked out, rubes. The GOP sold us all down the government health care river a long, long time before anyone ever heard of Obama.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

I think the cure is cutting the "freedom" group loose and telling them to start their own party.

but funny how the GOP made its bed when it gerrymandered its house seats so the only challenge to republicans is from the right... not the left.

yep. thats what they get for their gerrymandering

TUx0mAl.jpg

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

I suspect he won't be speaker. it's unfortunate... he might have been a good one. at least, while I agree with none of his economic policies, he doesn't seem to be a typical vile rightwinger. he seems decent....... which is exactly why the wingers won't support him.

to join behind ryan would mean the teatards want to govern. they don't and they never will.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

My guess is they don't want to start their own party because they want the GOP's infrastructure.

Why start from scratch when you can take over an existing organization?

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

yep. thats what they get for their gerrymandering

TUx0mAl.jpg

lol..

unintended consequences.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

He'd be the happiest guy on the planet if they tell him to shove it.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

My guess is they don't want to start their own party because they want the GOP's infrastructure.

true.

but they're destroying the GOP.... the parasite seems to be eating its host.

What I would rather see is an alternative comprehensive plan put on the table. And then I would like to see the plan sold to the American people with truth and integrity and courage.

See, the tards think 'FIGHT' means "always attack the other guys ideas, no matter what". Take a look at their lists. It's a long list of oppositions to things. There isn't one single plan for solving our problems. Not one. It's a long list of persistent whining. It's a list of NO's and walls and hatred.

That's the opposite of courage. Any cowardly jackass can attack the other guy's plans. It takes real guts and real intelligence to put a solution on the table and be prepared to defend it and sell it to the American people as the best answer to our problems.

That's why ObamaCare was enacted. Because the dipshits didn't have a comprehensive alternative plan. They knew health care costs were outpacing inflation for DECADES, and they did NOTHING. Then the Democrats did what they said they would do if they ever got the chance, and suddenly the GOP is all indignant-like.

You got faked out, rubes. The GOP sold us all down the government health care river a long, long time before anyone ever heard of Obama.
EXACTLY!!!

Gingrich said as much. I think the problem is they don't want the problems fixed as they are being paid under the table by the few people that these issues benefit.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

He'd be the happiest guy on the planet if they tell him to shove it.

I think that's true.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

true.

I think they know that. They've gone nihilist. They're willing to burn it down in order to build it in their image.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

true.

and they can't get rid of them or their party will be too small to win nat'l elections.

1. "Paul Ryan tells House Republicans he’s willing to run, if conditions are met...."
- Paul Ryan tells House Republicans he’s willing to run, if conditions are met

I hope it doesn’t sound conditional — but it is,” he said, according to members inside the room. He paused after saying the word “conditional,” they said, for effect. Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.) moved closer to the House speakership Tuesday, telling fellow Republicans that he would consider taking the job if he could be assured that the caucus would unite behind him.

Ryan DEMANDS that the entire GOP pledge allegiance to him and completely support him and his actions as Speaker.
- Boehner did not have this because Boehner never represented his constituents, the GOP base, or his fellow Republican House members...which is why he is being forced out. Ryan is demanding that type of un-wavering support for whatever he does right off the bat.

2. "Paul Ryan Will Run for Speaker–if Conservative Colleagues Stop Being a ‘Problem’"
- Paul Ryan Will Run for Speaker-if Conservative Colleagues Stop Being a 'Problem' - Breitbart

"Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) admitted during a press conference that he was willing to run for Speaker of the House–but only if they met a list of demands of what it would take to get him to run."

By 'STOP BEING A PROBLEM' Ryan means:
- STOP demanding the ACA be repealed.
- STOP demanding Planned Parenthood be defunded
- STOP demanding the Borders be secured
- STOP demanding 'No Amnesty'
- STOP demanding an end to abortions at ANY stage of pregnancy
- STOP demanding the President and Congress adhere to the Constitution
- STOP demanding the Speaker of the House actually FIGHT the party's core values and beliefs, for issues the American people / Conservatives care about, and that the GOP leadership actually do what is best for the nation and people NOT what is best for themselves or the party.

Ryan has already made it clear that he has aspirations of running for President one day, so he is about to take a position that is known for being the END of 'your' political career, and he is trying to 'hedge his bet' - protect HIS OWN future by trying to force the entire GOP to 'shut up and color' and 'faithfully, and unconditionally back him'.

....Oh, and Obama and the Democrats love the idea of Paul being the new Speaker...

Nothing else more needs to be said or known. Ryan should NOT be the new Speaker of the House!

Whom do you support for Speaker?

pretty much.

the problem is they can't come up with any alternatives... it would mean governing... and it would also mean an acknowledgement that the ACA was a GOP plan constructed by the Heritage Foundation. It IS the "conservative" plan. Single payor was what the left wanted.

- FOR Sanctuary Cities

true.

and they can't get rid of them or their party will be too small to win nat'l elections.

they can't win national elections now.

"His way or the highway? Ryan makes big demands for speaker run"
- LINK: His way or the highway? Ryan makes big demands for speaker run

• He wants broad support across the Republican conference, specifically the endorsement of all the major caucuses.
  • He wants House rules changed to overhaul what is known as the "motion to vacate the chair" -- a parliamentary weapon members can use to try and oust a speaker.
  • He wants to be able to spend time with his family, and not be on the road as much as previous speakers.

--------

"What I told the members is if you can agree to the requests, and if I can be a truly unifying figure, I'll serve," Ryan said. "And if I'm not a unifying force, that will be fine as well. I'm happy to stay where I am."

One GOP source said Ryan doesn't want the job, but just wants members to believe he does so he doesn't "look bad for not trying to save the party." This seems to be the case as Ryan has laid out some very controversial, "unacceptable", conditions.

He said the country is in "desperate need for leadership."

Not THAT desperate! Leaders, btw, are self-LESS, not self-ISH, stepping to the forefront when needed, not reluctantly dragged to duty while making personal demands that benefit themselves.

Thanks for the offer, Paul, but... :fu:

Forum List

Back