Paul Krugman Demolishes Rightwing Myth -- Yet Again

And? That’s where all your food comes from. How many inner city turds on welfare would it take to produce a single stalk of corn? The money is better spent in the country.
How many farmers in a rural district? LOL

You're confusing what a handful of people do ......... you're conflating shit too

“Because rural America is poorer than urban America,” Krugman observes, “it pays much less per person in federal taxes. So, in practice, major metropolitan areas hugely subsidize the countryside. These subsidies don’t just support incomes, they support economies…. What about rural perceptions of being disrespected? Well, many people have negative views about people with different lifestyles; that’s human nature.” -- Paul K

Well, many people have negative views about people with different lifestyles; that’s human nature.

Says Paul, while having negative views about people with different lifestyles.

Lol Barry got a Nobel...at that point I knew it was a worthless sham
Yet, Dopey Donald so desperately wanted one

santos gobble.jpg

obama hillary laugh 2.jpg

that moron has never been right on anything.
“I’m sure that my saying this will generate a tidal wave of hate mail, and lecturing rural Americans about policy reality isn’t going to move their votes,” Krugman argues. “Nonetheless, it’s important to get our facts straight. The truth is that ever since the New Deal, Rural America has received special treatment from policymakers. It’s not just farm subsidies, which ballooned under President Donald Trump to the point where they accounted for around 40 percent of total farm income. Rural America also benefits from special programs that support housing, utilities and business in general.”

Forum List

Back