Pat Dollard

Otter_Creek

worst president ever
Jul 2, 2006
The Former USA
Just saw an interview of Dollard on Hannity and Colmbs.
This film maker is trying to make a difference by telling the stories that the MSM refuses to report.

I especially liked the video of the Iraqi soldiers chanting " F### You Michael Moore."
http://patdollard.com/

(Flash intro, click text for main page)

:salute:

Otter_Creek said:
Just saw an interview of Dollard on Hannity and Colmbs.
This film maker is trying to make a difference by telling the stories that the MSM refuses to report.

I especially liked the video of the Iraqi soldiers chanting " F### You Michael Moore."
http://patdollard.com/

(Flash intro, click text for main page)

:salute:

Thank you. This goes right with Yon and Roggio! :salute:

When I come across something like this, I try to check it out. I went to a site I trusted and did a search. There are links. If the NYTimes fears him, he's gotta be ok:

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/004518.html
May 09, 2006
The New York Times vs Patrick Dollard
Greyhawk

We first heard of Patrick Dollard via Marine Warrant Officer Michael Fay's blog Fire and Ice. Fay's description of the man:

He has found his long lost tribe, the Marines, and he's gone unapologetically native. A former Hollywood talent agent and producer, he's now living out a Hunter S. Thompsonesqute complete immersion into the Heart of Darkness I now see the light who are these incredible human beings called Marines experience. Other than a usually unshaved mug, lack of rank insignia and weapon, he is indistinguishable from the jarheads he follows everywhere with camera shouldered and jaunty cigarette dangling from his lip. But don't let this description lead you to believe that Dollard is not the genuine article or that he's going off half-cocked with nary a plan. This is an articulate film maker on a mission. There is method in his madness and hopefully in the very near future the fruits of his labor will grace our television screens.​

Although not the first, Pollard is one of a woefully small handful of independent folks who've gone to Iraq "in search of the real story". He's paid for his efforts, in more ways than one. On returning to America, Dollard contributed to the blog Hollywood Interrupted. They introduced him here:

Last year, Pat Dollard took leave from his family and ditched a lucrative career as a Hollywood agent representing the likes of Syriana producer Steven Soderbergh. Then he hit the front lines in Iraq, armed only with a camcorder and the vision to direct and produce his documentary series “Young Americans” from an unpopular pro-military/pro-war viewpoint.

On February 18, Dollard was wounded while on combat patrol with U.S. Marines in the city of Ramadi. He suffered a concussion, neck injuries, shrapnel wounds, possibly a broken leg, and severe muscle and ligament damage in the IED strike on his Humvee. Two of the young Marines with him on combat patrol were not so lucky. They were both killed in the attack.
Pollard's work at the blog was (ahem) uncomplimentary of his fellow journalists.

The journalists I've met here, have, to a man, all been Democrats, and all have railed against the Bush administration and have, with much hope in their eyes, predicted failure for America in Iraq. The media simply cannot resist the temptation to test their power in the service of a domestic political agenda. The whole country is inflamed one way or another over this war. Only a drooling moron would argue that the members of the media are somehow exclusively immune to those passions.

It's all very simple. Christiane Amanpour, Cindy Sheehan, CNN, The New York Times, Michael Moore, Newsweek, CBS et. al. are now, in huge measure, directly responsible for the ongoing death toll of Americans in Iraq. Everyone here in Iraq, the Islamic world at large, and most especially the Jihadist Movement's leadership, follow the American media closely, in order to monitor the American people's headspace, primarily with regard to whether or not we will continue the fight on to the establishment of a successful democratic, capitalistic, and modernized society here, or whether we will run in self-imposed defeat.

Today, one of those media outlets got their chance to strike back. The NY Times profiles Dollard - in what may be the most vicious personal attack on a non-public figure that I've ever seen a "legitimate" newspaper attempt. As we've demonstrated repeatedly, no (American) newspaper treats American GIs with more contempt than the New York Times does, never missing an opportunity to fabricate or twist a quote to make it fit their editorial purpose. But if you think that's bad, wait to you see the treatment they give a guy who tried to tell their real stories - and had the nerve to go to the front lines to do it.

First a gleeful explanation that Dollard's movie may never be seen:

Whether Mr. Dollard's planned documentary will ever see the light of day is far from certain. When he first went to Iraq with a camera for three months in early 2005, Mr. Soderbergh and George Clooney were involved with the project, and Mr. Dollard said he was negotiating with HBO and Mark Cuban, owner of the cable network HDNet.

Earlier this year, however, HBO found the scenes it was shown too unconventional for its use, according to a senior HBO executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid further embarrassing Mr. Dollard.

But perhaps most damaging (in the eyes of a starstruck Times' reporter) "Mr. Clooney said he was no longer involved."

A virtually unknown filmmaker’s difficulty bringing his vision to reality is hardly news - it happens many times a day. But this one gets special attention in the New York Times, along with apparently critical details provided by an ex wife

Alicia Allain, one of Mr. Dollard's four ex-wives, said: "He'd rather deal with a fantasy than a reality. Reality is very difficult."​

And while missing any substantial details of his trip to Iraq, the Times found many details "fit to print": "He has not been in touch with his mother in months", "He forgets there are other people besides him", experienced "several years of failed business ventures", and a "lifelong struggle against drug addiction" "...who during periods of sobriety attended Alcoholics Anonymous".

And perhaps most damning of all,

"From the time I knew him, he was a hard-core right-wing hawk​
, of the Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz variety," said Jeremy Barber, a United Talent Agency agent who was once president of the production and management company Catch 23 and hired Mr. Dollard. In liberal Hollywood, Mr. Dollard proudly drove a Hummer with the license plate "US Wins."
Or perhaps it's just this quote from Dollard himself that the folks who buy ink by the barrel can't abide:

"Liberals must begin to understand that the removal of their oppressors, often necessarily by violence, is the only hope for the protection of the world's future."
For whatever reason, the NY Times seems awfully afraid of this guy.

Posted by Greyhawk at 05:18 PM

If the NYTimes fears him, he's gotta be ok:

Yep! I saw that before I'd posted his link too.
On Hannity and Colmes they gave his website as "Patrickdollard.com"
and I couldn't find it. I did a search and the site you found refered to him as Pat so I tried that and it worked.
I hope Fox will put a link to his site for a couple days at least.
The guy didn't take any crap from Colmes either, I wish they'd run his interview as much they did whoopies.

Forum List

Back