Whose Side Is the Left On?

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Interesting--very, very interesting. Let's have this debate.

By David Frum. American Enterprise Institute
July 3, 2006

The High Court's decision in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld is being reported as a defeat for the Bush administration, and so it is. But that same decision opens the way to an important and useful debate over counter-terrorism policy--and that is a debate the administration can and should win.

The Hamdan decision--and the resulting urgent need for new anti-terrorist legislation--forces a decision upon Congress and the Democratic minority. Where do they stand? What will they support?

This is more than merely a partisan question. It goes directly to the question of whether the U.S. and the West will be able to combat terrorism as united societies--or whether their left wings will opt out, or balk, or worse.

for full article:
http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.24618,filter.all/pub_detail.asp

Their on the side of:

Anything to hurt President Bush.

And anybody else's side, no matter, to get back into power..

They are on the right side.

Adam's Apple said:

July 3, 2006

The High Court's decision in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld is being reported as a defeat for the Bush administration, and so it is. But that same decision opens the way to an important and useful debate over counter-terrorism policy--and that is a debate the administration can and should win.

The Hamdan decision--and the resulting urgent need for new anti-terrorist legislation--forces a decision upon Congress and the Democratic minority. Where do they stand? What will they support?

This is more than merely a partisan question. It goes directly to the question of whether the U.S. and the West will be able to combat terrorism as united societies--or whether their left wings will opt out, or balk, or worse.

for full article:

...the side of themselves. Their side. They will say or do ANYTHING to gain power; they say what they THINK people want to hear. They are political opportunists to the core.

Adam's Apple said:

July 3, 2006

for full article:

Damn, listen, the left is no different than the right, their just wrong.

We've all seen it before, someone backs a loser for all the right REASONS. Its no different here. The liberal left actually BELIVES the bull shit they spew, I mean, LOCK, STOCK, AND BARREL. Scary actually, but true.

Debate in this country is DEAD, T-Bor, and Pshyco are the PERFECT example's of the spoke persons of the left. They BELIVE, that if you say something enough, it becomes TRUE.

I sure wish we could move beyond this "right, and wrong" agenda. I think its been pretty much proven, that the left hasn't a clue, never have, and the chances are pretty damn good, never will.

A SOLID front is whats needed, not this fractured front that the left/liberals OFFER.

When, if ever, will the broke dick left EVERY figure this most simple of political doctrines out?

Given the liberals like myself voted for Ronald Reagan, and even then George H.W.Bush, they would not have been elected at all. I still maintain a responsible fiscal policy, a responsible approach to international conflict, a responsible attitude towards the environment, a responsible opinion of corporate interference in American best interests and responsible American dictates that favor and disfavor the intersts of everyday Americans towards cost of living, health issues, military involvement, meaningful employment and a host of other issues that face common Americans everyday.

I learned the hard way that Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and the son don't give a rat's ass about common Americans or their interests.

Given that their most immediate predessessor, Richard "The Dick" Nixon was impeached on the most serious grounds and foundation of breach of American values, Why am I surprised? I kick my own ass to this day.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
Given the liberals like myself voted for Ronald Reagan, and even then George H.W.Bush, they would not have been elected at all. I still maintain a responsible fiscal policy, a responsible approach to international conflict, a responsible attitude towards the environment, a responsible opinion of corporate interference in American best interests and responsible American dictates that favor and disfavor the intersts of everyday Americans towards cost of living, health issues, military involvement, meaningful employment and a host of other issues that face common Americans everyday.

I learned the hard way that Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and the son don't give a rat's ass about common Americans or their interests.

Given that their most immediate predessessor, Richard "The Dick" Nixon was impeached on the most serious grounds and foundation of breach of American values, Why am I surprised? I kick my own ass to this day.

Psychoblues

You really just don't have a clue, do you?

Forum List

Back