Party Loyalty

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Party loyalty or loyalism reminds me of something that goes on within communist countries. If you're not loyal to the party, your hash is settled.

But here, it's almost the same. Politicians who refuse to be party loyalist, even for good reason, will not get funded by their own party. If they go against their party on too many occasion, or a few important occasions, their party will black ball them in congress by not supporting any legislation they might put forth.
The dangers of being a party loyalist means you'll have to vote against your voters. You'll have to agree on things like FISA 702 (Warrantless spying on Americans). If you're a pro life democrat, you'll have to vote for Planned Parenthood funding. You can justify this to yourself by the usual excuse that PP also does some good things for women.
If you're a republican, you'll have to accept all the excess spending that goes on during a GOP majority. Amongst other things.

Are you a party loyalist? If so, why?
Are you not a party loyalist? Why?

Think about the pro's and con's of being a party loyalist.

Don't assume party loyalty has anything to do with people voting against the lowlife lying scheming traitors in the Dem party.

I'll expand on that.

You can be pure as the driven snow ... and accomplish nothing. See "greens" or "libertarians'.

Or you can get your hands dirty and actually do some good.

This isn't just a game. People live and die based on politics. An example I use is the liberals who were too pure to vote for Clinton, and thus put Trump into office. That was selfish behavior on their part, because they put their own smarmy feelings of moral purity above the common good.

That's what the OP seems to advocate.

Forum List

Back