Parkland Cop Trial goes into fourth day of deliberations.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Many of us remember the Parkland School Shooting. The cop who remained outside is awaiting the decision of the Jury. They are entering the fourth day of deliberations on the fate of Scot Pederson.

Four days of deliberations. Obviously this isn’t an easy case. The lack of a quick decision shows it is more complex than the prosecution or defense say it is.

I’m not in favor of these charges. I’m not in favor of this prosecution. And supposedly I am a cop hater. I think there was a lot of confusion and that means people are going to make mistakes.

Running away is not a mistake. It was a really bad decision that very likely contributed to the loss of life.

Perjury is also a choice, not a mistake.

Many of us remember the Parkland School Shooting. The cop who remained outside is awaiting the decision of the Jury. They are entering the fourth day of deliberations on the fate of Scot Pederson.

Four days of deliberations. Obviously this isn’t an easy case. The lack of a quick decision shows it is more complex than the prosecution or defense say it is.

I’m not in favor of these charges. I’m not in favor of this prosecution. And supposedly I am a cop hater. I think there was a lot of confusion and that means people are going to make mistakes.

If this guy goes to jail, what do we do about Uvalde?
Send a hundred cops to jail?

If this guy goes to jail, what do we do about Uvalde?
Send a hundred cops to jail?
That was exponentially worse. I don't pretend to know how I would act in such circumstsnces but consider how the cop acted when he arrived and his daughter was in the school, he immediately broke in and saved his daughter, good luck trying to stop him. I believe a border cop went and killed the gunman himself but I could be wrong. The model for bravery were the Texas cops who took on the insanely protected and heavily armed BLM soldier in 2015 or so.(ironically the police were there protecting BLM protesters). Many lost their lives due to the SOB being impenetrable with his armor on. Eventually the chief made the tough (and proper) decision to send him a bomb disguised as food. Regardless, these are the type of men I want working when it hits the fan. R.I.P, all of them.

It all comes down to ……is a police officer obligated to engage a suspect when he is outgunned or wait for backup

Not exactly. In this case Pederson claims he was confused as to the location of the shooter. The buildings created echos making the location difficult to pinpoint. To back this up others testified for the Defense that they couldn’t tell where the shots were coming from either. These witnesses included cops and administrators. So others were similarly confused by the situation.

The perjury charge was questionable. If I honestly believe that the Moon is made of cheese. I am not lying when I declare that it is made of cheese. I am honestly telling you what I believe.

The Perjury charge was based upon Pederson claiming he heard X number of gunshots, and couldn’t tell the students were fleeing from the building.

If that is what he honestly believed he didn’t lie. He might be wrong. But he told you the truth the best that he could. It is why the signature line is the above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I might be wrong. But I am telling you what I believe is the truth.

Pederson had a really good lawyer. He put doubt into the Jury.

Of course this is the same jury pool that would not give the death sentence to Cruz.

I think he is a coward but I also think he was the scapegoat for the incompetent Democrat Sheriff.

Forum List

Back