Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

Does being psychologically imbalanced meet the criteria for mental incompetence? I mean look at this website. There are A LOT of mentally imbalanced right wing nut jobs on here. But when one of them eventually shoots somebody, would they be found mentally incompetent in court? Highly unlikely.

I’d have to review Michigan cases regarding pleas of insanity and MI law regarding its definition of mentally incompetent to even guess. If the MI definition is basically knowing right from wrong, I’d say this shooter knew what he was doing was wrong. The prosecutor won’t let that one fly if the defense tries it. He could still be declared mentally imbalanced as his actions clearly reveal.

BTW JD101-
Leave me out of the left versus right wars. That has nothing to do with this case nor should it. I really get tired of posters doing that as it ruins most threads. It’s hard enough to keep court cases honest without totally swerving off the road from the topic. I will add that I was off topic on another post earlier, and I apologized after it was brought to my attention.

I gave you a link in my response to you, dumbass. It's right there in front of your face. I know you're not blind. You realize everyone else can see the link besides you, right?
You provided a link after I asked for one, because it is folly to take you at your word. Even so that is a very broad interpretation that you commie pinkos want to narrow down only to attack the rights you folks hate so much.

You provided a link after I asked for one, because it is folly to take you at your word. Even so that is a very broad interpretation that you commie pinkos want to narrow down only to attack the rights you folks hate so much.
You're so stupid you dont even realize that if you actually knew the definition of manslaughter, you wouldnt of had to ask me for a link to the definition of the word. Or you could have saved yourself the embarrassment and just looked it up yourself. Your stupidity is astounding.

But we get it, you think things like "laws" for things like manslaugter are some commie pinko plot against you. You're a disgrace.

I’d have to review Michigan cases regarding pleas of insanity and MI law regarding its definition of mentally incompetent to even guess. If the MI definition is basically knowing right from wrong, I’d say this shooter knew what he was doing was wrong. The prosecutor won’t let that one fly if the defense tries it. He could still be declared mentally imbalanced as his actions clearly reveal.

BTW JD101-
Leave me out of the left versus right wars. That has nothing to do with this case nor should it. I really get tired of posters doing that as it ruins most threads. It’s hard enough to keep court cases honest without totally swerving off the road from the topic. I will add that I was off topic on another post earlier, and I apologized after it was brought to my attention.
I was merely providing an example.

There really isnt much doubt to put into a juries mind
Perhaps there is.

According to news accounts, concerns about the child’s mental health weren’t raised until the day of the shooting.

It wasn’t as if the boy had been diagnosed with being mentally ill months ago and was receiving ongoing mental health treatment.

There’s no evidence the parents knew that their son was ‘unstable’ when the firearm was purchased; indeed, it was purchased only four days before the shooting.

And although we can agree that the parents failing to secure the firearm was irresponsible, it wasn’t illegal.

Last, there’s clearly a lack of understanding between those for whom shooting is an avocation and those to whom guns are alien and foreign.

In families where guns are an avocation, buying a gun for a teenage son or daughter is not uncommon; referring to a new gun as "my new beauty" is likewise neither unusual nor alarming.

For those to whom guns are alien and foreign, however, the idea of purchasing a firearm for a minor is abhorrent and alarming, referring to a gun as "my new beauty" is a sign of ‘mental illness’ and ‘damning,’ used to ‘justify’ charging the parents with unwarranted felony indictments.

Ok. So let's play a little hypothetical game.

When it's confirmed that the storage device was unlocked, will you:

A) Run to another set of standards. (Move the goal posts)
B) Admit that the parents are at fault.

Which is it going to be? You dumb ass. You moron. You shit head.
There is no storage law there they can not get the parents on that.

Ok. So let's play a little hypothetical game.

When it's confirmed that the storage device was unlocked, will you:

A) Run to another set of standards. (Move the goal posts)
B) Admit that the parents are at fault.

Which is it going to be? You dumb ass. You moron. You shit head.
You mean if it's confirmed? The reality is, Karen lied her ass off, under oath at that

You're so stupid you dont even realize that if you actually knew the definition of manslaughter, you wouldnt of had to ask me for a link to the definition of the word. Or you could have saved yourself the embarrassment and just looked it up yourself. Your stupidity is astounding.

But we get it, you think things like "laws" for things like manslaugter are some commie pinko plot against you. You're a disgrace.
Don't be silly, the standards for manslaughter are specific to each state, a generalized definition is not credible, but I don't expect a moron like you to understand.

Once again you fail to address the issue, although understandable as is appears beyond your limits. The issue at hand is a loose interpretation applied to a third party specifically to attack the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:
Their lives are forever changed and their happiness shall be married the rest of their lives. That's punishment enough for me. The hell that is going to follow them will never go away. They seem like parents who shouldn't have had kids as they seem blatantly irresponsible. Putting them in jail isn't going to solve anything.

I think if a kid is caught in school looking up ammo during school hours expulsion is fair

I think if a kid is caught in school looking up ammo during school hours expulsion is fair
Disagree.

Some sort of reprimand, perhaps – admonish the boy that looking at ammunition resellers online while in school is inappropriate.

This is also another example of a clash of cultures – of those for whom guns are an avocation and those to whom guns are alien and foreign.

To those for whom guns are an avocation, there’s nothing ‘alarming’ about a new gunowner interested in acquiring ammunition for his new gun.

For those to whom guns are alien and foreign, searching for ammunition online is incorrectly perceived to be the prelude to a mass shooting.

I'm saying during the school day. No need for kids to be on their phones in the first place. Ever. Second I own guns. I have zero affection for them. They are for hunting. If you want to make love to your gun that's fine. But we are now accustomed to school shootings. That's a massive problem. Another negative on a long list for this nation.

Good luck with that.
Yeah, I know. She'll be held to a different standard. No surprise there.

Funniest part of all this, is Bernie Sanders says in her endorsement: "In this moment of historic change, we need to elect prosecutors who understand that their job is to fight for justice – not throw people in jail."...lol

Forum List

Back