Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

It has everything to do with this.......everything we were told by the main stream, democrat press was wrong.......this case just started...and you are relying on the same press for your information......

You dumb ass...
Ok. So let's play a little hypothetical game.

When it's confirmed that the storage device was unlocked, will you:

A) Run to another set of standards. (Move the goal posts)
B) Admit that the parents are at fault.

Which is it going to be? You dumb ass. You moron. You shit head.

Every real American should be defending the Constitution, not looking for ways to tear it apart. Commie shitheads like you are a blight on this nation.
There are limits to everything written into the Constitution. Thats why we have a Supreme Court, dumbass. LOL I'll take a wild guess here and you've never even SEEN a Constitutional Law textbook, let alone read one. Am I right?

Involuntary manslaughter.

Elements of manslaughter:​

1. That the defendant caused the death of the deceased victim, that the deceased individual died as a result of the defendant's action.
  2. That the defendant either:
    1. intended to kill the victim
    2. intended to do great bodily harm to the victim,
    3. created a situation where the risk of great bodily harm or death was very high, knowing that as a result of the defendant's actions he or she knew that serious harm or death would likely result.
  3. That the defendant caused the death of the victim without justification or lawful excuse.
I'd say this falls under 2c. Seems pretty cut and dried. Since A. she knew her kid was mentally ill B. She knew he wanted to kill people C. Her son asked for help and D. She left a gun laying around the house and encouraged him to be more sneaky when purchasing ammo.
That's their best chance, I agree. I don't think it's as cut and dry as you do.

Involuntary manslaughter.

Elements of manslaughter:​

1. That the defendant caused the death of the deceased victim, that the deceased individual died as a result of the defendant's action.
  2. That the defendant either:
    1. intended to kill the victim
    2. intended to do great bodily harm to the victim,
    3. created a situation where the risk of great bodily harm or death was very high, knowing that as a result of the defendant's actions he or she knew that serious harm or death would likely result.
  3. That the defendant caused the death of the victim without justification or lawful excuse.
I'd say this falls under 2c. Seems pretty cut and dried. Since A. she knew her kid was mentally ill B. She knew he wanted to kill people C. Her son asked for help and D. She left a gun laying around the house and encouraged him to be more sneaky when purchasing ammo.
You have a link? You have proven to be a dishonest piece of shit, so I won't take your word for it.

You have a link? You have proven to be a dishonest piece of shit, so I won't take your word for it.

Wait, are you actually questioning what manslaughter is? So you dont even know that. Yet you're trying to sit here and argue with me about it. LOL!

The Supreme Court already ruled trigger locks unconstitutional....and likely that would also apply to mandatory storage laws..

What is "improper," storage?

The anti-gunners will take a mile if you give them an inch......

If it is in your home, it is properly stored......if someone breaks in and takes the gun, that is a criminal act, and nothing to do with the gun owner....

This case...we will see......

How do we know how the gun was stored......no one knows yet but they are all ASSuming they do...
This is only from a report so I cannot claim it’s accurate but it was supposed to be in an unlocked drawer according to the dad’s statement?

Negligence on the parents doesn’t mean court will reduce the consequences for the son, particularly (as other posters have correctly mentioned) he’s being charged as an adult.

His fresh air days will be limited to one hour daily under protection. He “could’ve” possibly had the mental help he needed, had parents acted prior-assuming this wasn’t a one-time break from his “norm”, but now that this horrendous crime has been committed courts are going to have to evaluate that one. Locked up in mental facility for the rest of his life seems more fair than jail following sentencing, but more of his family and social history is needed. Either way, it’s no picnic from what I’ve read and seen. The fact that the whole thing could’ve been prevented is not leaving my mind.

This is only from a report so I cannot claim it’s accurate but it was supposed to be in an unlocked drawer according to the dad’s statement?

Negligence on the parents doesn’t mean court will reduce the consequences for the son, particularly (as other posters have correctly mentioned) he’s being charged as an adult.

His fresh air days will be limited to one hour daily under protection. He “could’ve” possibly had the mental help he needed, had parents acted prior-assuming this wasn’t a one-time break from his “norm”, but now that this horrendous crime has been committed courts are going to have to evaluate that one. Locked up in mental facility for the rest of his life seems more fair than jail following sentencing, but more of his family and social history is needed. Either way, it’s no picnic from what I’ve read and seen. The fact that the whole thing could’ve been prevented is not leaving my mind.
Yeah most shooters dont write out that they need help. Which would probably destroy any type of mentally incompetence defense.

The Supreme Court already ruled trigger locks unconstitutional....and likely that would also apply to mandatory storage laws..

What is "improper," storage?

The anti-gunners will take a mile if you give them an inch......

If it is in your home, it is properly stored......if someone breaks in and takes the gun, that is a criminal act, and nothing to do with the gun owner....

This case...we will see......

How do we know how the gun was stored......no one knows yet but they are all ASSuming they do...
Yes, this is a tough one about “illegal storage” so I went to MI state gun laws to see what Michigan had to say about it. Still not detailed enough, go figure. I almost think some of these laws on the books are intentionally vague so there are exciting court cases to watch. Good grief.

There are limits to everything written into the Constitution. Thats why we have a Supreme Court, dumbass. LOL I'll take a wild guess here and you've never even SEEN a Constitutional Law textbook, let alone read one. Am I right?
You prove your stupidity yet again with your idiotic assumptions. Nor are textbooks the appropriate guide to individual cases outside of that particular volume. Stay stupid, stay liberal. I see you didn't provide a link, guessing you're a fucking liar.

You prove your stupidity yet again with your idiotic assumptions. Nor are textbooks the appropriate guide to individual cases outside of that particular volume. Stay stupid, stay liberal. I see you didn't provide a link, guessing you're a fucking liar.
I gave you a link in my response to you, dumbass. It's right there in front of your face. I know you're not blind. You realize everyone else can see the link besides you, right?

Yeah most shooters dont write out that they need help. Which would probably destroy any type of mentally incompetence defense.
That one will be up to the court psychologist or psychiatrist. It could be argued that some creative kid expresses darker talents and has a fixation about guns but without any intention to act it out. Of course that scenario is out the window in this situation. I would guess most psychologists would view his written words and drawings (since they proceeded the killings) coming from a psychologically imbalanced person. Now, how far they try to go with that who knows, but he’ll never get out if justice prevails.

That one will be up to the court psychologist or psychiatrist. It could be argued that some creative kid expresses darker talents and has a fixation about guns but without any intention to act it out. Of course that scenario is out the window in this situation. I would guess most psychologists would view his written words and drawings (since they proceeded the killings) coming from a psychologically imbalanced person. Now, how far they try to go with that who knows, but he’ll never get out if justice prevails.
Does being psychologically imbalanced meet the criteria for mental incompetence? I mean look at this website. There are A LOT of mentally imbalanced right wing nut jobs on here. But when one of them eventually shoots somebody, would they be found mentally incompetent in court? Highly unlikely.

Wait, are you actually questioning what manslaughter is? So you dont even know that. Yet you're trying to sit here and argue with me about it. LOL!
Hardly, I was questioning your utter lack of integrity and intellectual limitations.

How are they at fault?

Did they know the kid was this dangerous?

The school didn't think he was an immediate threat of danger or death since they didn't search him, his locker or bring him to the office or other more secure site on the school grounds and advised the parents to get counseling.....

The D.A. over charged....and is going to look like an idiot....
Right, that’s why there are so many legal experts - lawyers, prosecutors even (like myself), who are lauding her for the charging decision.

This prosecutor is a credit to her community. She has real stones and I will be keeping her and her family in my prayers because just like this board, Michigan has a large population of antigovernment rabid 2A militia types who love violence.

Hardly, I was questioning your utter lack of integrity and intellectual limitations.
You are the one that needed me to send you a link defining manslaughter because you "dont trust me" (or evidently know the definition of it). So who is the idiot here? LOL!

1638652401058.png

Obviously they’re being charged.

I’m skeptical on whether they’ll be convicted because of how vague the law is. I hope they’re convicted because they’re clearly at fault.
And that’s the problem: the absence of state laws specifically addressing guns with minor children in the home.

The courts have consistently struck down measures requiring guns be secured in homes with minor children pursuant to Heller.

But laws can be written is a way to accommodate Heller, such as requiring guns be secured when no adult is in the home, where a 16-year-old is alone in the home, for example.

Forum List

Back