Parent-Teacher Night

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I always look forward to meeting with parents of my students. I'm sometimes left with brain-burn when some parents speak almost no English and I have to stretch my interpretation skills depending on what L1 they speak, but communication with family or caregivers is extremely important to student success. I just wish more of them could meet during the scheduled hours. Many of the parents of my students work odd hours and/or more than one job. Just letting students know they have support and people who care about their success is worth a lot.

I always look forward to meeting with parents of my students. I'm sometimes left with brain-burn when some parents speak almost no English and I have to stretch my interpretation skills depending on what L1 they speak, but communication with family or caregivers is extremely important to student success. I just wish more of them could meet during the scheduled hours. Many of the parents of my students work odd hours and/or more than one job. Just letting students know they have support and people who care about their success is worth a lot.

Great place to meet MILFs.

It takes a special kind of person to be a teacher. One must have the patience of a saint, the intelligence of a genius, and the understanding of a social worker.

Not my cup of tea. I would be too tempted to go all Samuel L. Jackson on those non-English speaking motherfuckers.

engrish.gif

It takes a special kind of person to be a teacher. One must have the patience of a saint, the intelligence of a genius, and the understanding of a social worker.

Not my cup of tea. I would be too tempted to go all Samuel L. Jackson on those non-English speaking motherfuckers.

View attachment 455950
They also need to be ok with low pay, no respect from parents or students

Intelligence of a genius? I don’t think so.

Another Parent-Teacher night! It's always such a pleasure to meet those supporting the students at home. Obviously, they are the first and most important source of education and development, and always will be. I'm here to serve them as much as the students.

Another Parent-Teacher night! It's always such a pleasure to meet those supporting the students at home. Obviously, they are the first and most important source of education and development, and always will be. I'm here to serve them as much as the students.
True. The parent and student are most important. You’re just a tool.

View attachment 455950
So all the teachers in your public school were geniuses? And you think teachers are all wonderful? Republican or democrat?

Sometimes a parent who doesn't speak English as a first language will bring a sibling (sometimes a much younger sibling) to translate if needed. Of course this is not really necessary since we have our ROTC students stationed around the school who do a great job translating for teachers who need help.

Forum List

Back