Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews.

RE: Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews.
SUBTOPIC: Just another Anti-Israeli Human Rights Report
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,
WOW!
Be careful what you wish for in the drama...

and intentionally avoided mentioning that Article 68
Israel has forfeited those rights by violating virtually all of the rules of occupation.
(COMMENT)
Like I've said before, I can give you a citation (Binding or Law) for every fact I argue. Whereas you make these comments with nothing in support and, like many of the anti-Israeli and pro-Palestinians, expect it to hold some credibility.

There is really no such thing as a forfeiture rule unless it is specifically cited by law.

While I agree that the Arab Palestinians have the entire complement of rights, including the right to self-determination, the Israelis are NOT required to surrender any territory to the Arab Palestinian.

AND! Just like in mathematics, there are cases of BAD Notation, in international politics, there is much the same thing... Calling the West Bank and Jerusalem "Occupied Palestinian Territory is technically wrong. IN 1988, the West Bank and Jerusalem were Jordanian Territories Under Israeli Occupation. And those territories today are more properly defined as "former" Jordanian Territories Under Israeli Occupation.

Up and until December 2012, nearly a quarter century later, and well after claims made by the Hostile Arab Palestinians, the status of the "former" Jordanian Territories Under Israeli Occupation was noted to be this by the UN Legal Affairs Office.

1673831007581.png

• Excerpts from the Memorandum •

There are two, very interesting sentences that you should be able to address:
  1. "Palestine was not identified as a State or Country"
  2. "nor could its authorities be identified as a government"
These have a direct impact on many of the claims made by your Twitter and YouTube Campaigns. And I have not seen, out of the several hundred Twitter communique and YouTube Videos you have posted, naked of defense, any of the anti-Israeli and pro-Arab Palestinians address this credible UN Legal Observation.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

There is really no such thing as a forfeiture rule unless it is specifically cited by law.
Yes there is. That guy at Ruby Ridge killed a federal agent and walked. Breonna Taylor's boyfriend shot a cop in the leg and walked. How does that happen?

1. "Palestine was not identified as a State or Country"
  2. "nor could its authorities be identified as a government"
The ICC calls the oPt a state. That is all politicking. I am talking legalities.

Palestine was created as a state in 1924. That was confirmed by the League of Nations and was widely recognized. The UN states that the Palestinian people in Palestine have the right to self determination, the right to independence and sovereignty, and the right to territorial integrity.

No foreign entity has the authority to change that. Everything else has just been politicking.

SUBTOPIC: What did the ICC say and when?
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes! You need to do your fact checking...
The ICC calls the oPt a state. That is all politicking. I am talking legalities.

Palestine was created as a state in 1924. That was confirmed by the League of Nations and was widely recognized. The UN states that the Palestinian people in Palestine have the right to self determination, the right to independence and sovereignty, and the right to territorial integrity.

No foreign entity has the authority to change that. Everything else has just been politicking.
(COMMENT)

Which came first? What happened in what order?
The timeline is quite clear:
  1. A/RES/67/19 Posted 29 November 2012
  2. The Legal Affairs Memo 1 December 2012
  3. Acceptance of the Rome Statues Jurisdiction • The deposit of the instruments of accession by the State of Palestine was effected on 2 January 2015.
  4. WHAT WAS DECIDED BY THE JUDGES REGARDING THE SITUATION IN PALESTINE?
    However, given the unique circumstances in Palestine, and the potential uncertainty this raised as to the question of the scope of the Court’s territorial jurisdiction, the Prosecutor decided to request a ruling, in order to confirm that she was proceeding on a solid legal foundation.
    • On 22 January 2020, the Prosecutor therefore requested a ruling from Pre-Trial Chamber I on the territorial scope of the Court’s jurisdiction.
    • On 5 February 2021, Pre-Trial Chamber I of the International Criminal Court (ICC) decided, by majority, that the Court’s territorial jurisdiction in the Situation in Palestine, a State party to the ICC Rome Statute, extends to the territories occupied by Israel since 1967, namely Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
    • On 3 March 2021, the Prosecutor announced the opening of the investigation into the Situation in the State of Palestine.
  5. This followed Pre-Trial Chamber I's decision on 5 February 2021 that the Court could exercise its criminal jurisdiction in the Situation and, by majority, that the territorial scope of this jurisdiction extends to Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
You should also notice that the ICC does not refer to the territorial jurisdiction as the Occupied Palestine territory (oPt). The court refers to it as having the territorial scope of jurisdiction which covers "Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem."

I'm not sure that there is not a reading comprehension problem here which is at odds with exactly what is written.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

A War Crime in the Making: UN’s Francesca Albanese on Ethnic Cleansing in the South Hebron Hills​

The U.N. Says the same thing about Israel, keep posting. 😇🙏

SUBTOPIC: -----
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

You don't know what you are talking about.

1673909461171.png

1673909328310.png

Yes there is. That guy at Ruby Ridge killed a federal agent and walked. Breonna Taylor's boyfriend shot a cop in the leg and walked. How does that happen?
(COMMENT)

I do not think you understand what "right" were at issue. And while the government lost in both the criminal prosecution and civil suit, there was no forfeiture of rights involved.

The State of Isreal did not forfeit any rights. If that were the case, then the entire body of law pertaining to Customary and International Humanitarian Law (IHL)(of which the Geneva Conventions fall) would no longer be binding on Israel.

Article 68 does not grant Israel, or any Occupation Force, any rights at all. Article 68 gives the Protected Persons the right to a trial under international prosecutorial procedures. It does not give rights to the government. This is the legal parallel to Article 9 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

You also seem to try and mix US Domestic Law criteria with those laws in effect elsewhere in the world. As noted previously, EU Council Decision (CFSP) 2022/1241 of 18 July 2022, that formally designated several HoAP entities as terrorists and encourages Israel (as well as all other member nations) to "cooperate fully in the fight against terrorism, in accordance with our obligations under international law, in order to find, deny safe haven and bring to justice, on the basis of the principle of extradite or prosecute, any person who supports, facilitates, participates or attempts to participate in the financing, planning, preparation or perpetration of terrorist acts or provides safe havens" (A/RES/60/288).

Try to stick to the topic at hand. Try to render your opinion rather than to rebrand and republish the opinion of others.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

You also seem to try and mix US Domestic Law criteria with those laws in effect elsewhere in the world.
Not so. Acts of aggression are illegal under internal law.

All terrorist name calling aside, resistance to aggression, including armed struggle, is legal.

Forum List

Back