Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Looks like a very nice and peaceful detention and apprehension of a couple juvenile delinquents.

(COMMENT)

So, what is the narrative?

What do you expect in a state that supports terrorism? (RHETORICAL) It looks pretty much par for the course when the preferred response to a confrontation is hostile conflict.

It is their way of life, and it will be that way for at least another after this one.

Most Respectfully,
R

46131364_2245886882097434_9189834694529646592_n.jpg

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Looks like a very nice and peaceful detention and apprehension of a couple juvenile delinquents.

(COMMENT)

So, what is the narrative?

What do you expect in a state that supports terrorism? (RHETORICAL) It looks pretty much par for the course when the preferred response to a confrontation is hostile conflict.

It is their way of life, and it will be that way for at least another after this one.

Most Respectfully,
R

Still pimping Israel's terrorist propaganda shit, I see.

Israel ministers back expulsion of Palestinian resistance’s families

Israeli ministers yesterday voted to advance draft legislation that would see the relatives of alleged Palestinian assailants expelled from their homes and forcibly relocated to other parts of the occupied West Bank, reported the Times of Israel.

The decision by the Ministerial Committee for Legislation means that the bill will now move to the Knesset plenum, though there is no date set yet for the first vote.

According to the law, proposed by Jewish Home MK Moti Yogev, “within a week” of an alleged attack – or even an attempted attack – Israeli occupation forces “will be permitted to expel the relatives of the Palestinian assailants from their hometowns to other parts of the West Bank”.

Do suppose the families of Jewish settler terrorists will be expelled?
Israel thinks it can violate international law forever.

But one of these days...

It's rather interesting that the claims, that Israel had no intention to expand Israeli sovereignty to all of Palestine when it took and kept the Occupied/Disputed territories, are false. There was a political and popular move, to create a greater Israel at play, a movement that Ariel Sharon supported and promoted. How Ariel Sharon Shaped Israel’s Destiny

Once again, the victim card is considerably weakened here. The problem is, they grabbed the tiger by the tail, and now they can't let go of it other than by annexation imo.

Support for forced involuntary expulsion of Arabs is growing unfortunately, and that would be a great moral wrong that will forever stain them should it happen.

Israel “ took and kept the occupied territories “ in 1967 which was the end of a War the Arabs initiated.
Tell us why “ International Law” didn’t apply to Israel before 6/5/67
I don’t get into discussions involving international law, there is way too much erroneous info and like most here I am no expert in it so I do not bring it up to support my arguments.

Do you deny that Israel’s rightwing had a plan for greater Israel..one that precludes any two state solution? One that is still in play?

I will state what the moderators demand; Link please! Not referring to “ talking points” where it’s CLAIMED this was the plan!
Do you deny that the Arab Countries had no respect for “ International Law” and their goal was NOT the destruction of Israel??

※→ ILOVEISRAEL, Coyote, P F Tinmore, et al,

“Your mind is working at its best when you're being paranoid.
You explore every avenue and possibility
with
speed and total clarity.”

................................................................An Unknown London Artist
..............................................................Street And Wall Art Illustrator
I don’t get into discussions involving international law, there is way too much erroneous info and like most here I am no expert in it so I do not bring it up to support my arguments. Do you deny that Israel’s rightwing had a plan for greater Israel..one that precludes any two state solution? One that is still in play?
I will state what the moderators demand; Link please! Not referring to “ talking points” where it’s CLAIMED this was the plan! Do you deny that the Arab Countries had no respect for “ International Law” and their goal was NOT the destruction of Israel??
(COMMENT)

Coyote is probabblyright, not to engage in "International Law" discussions simply because, at the end of the day, it will not be the basis for the settlement that brings an end to the conflict.

Yeah, we could argue the merits of a one-state • versus • two-state solution until the cows come home.; but it will come to nothing. Again, in the end, the Israelis will not agree to anything that will place the fate of the Jewish National Home at risk - in the Arab Palestinian hands.

A settlement of any kind is a long way off. The Arab Palestinians really have no one single voice that their people need in order to reach some semblance of consensus.

Most Respectfully,
R

with

................................................................An Unknown London Artist
..............................................................Street And Wall Art Illustrator
I don’t get into discussions involving international law, there is way too much erroneous info and like most here I am no expert in it so I do not bring it up to support my arguments. Do you deny that Israel’s rightwing had a plan for greater Israel..one that precludes any two state solution? One that is still in play?
I will state what the moderators demand; Link please! Not referring to “ talking points” where it’s CLAIMED this was the plan! Do you deny that the Arab Countries had no respect for “ International Law” and their goal was NOT the destruction of Israel??
(COMMENT)

Coyote is probabblyright, not to engage in "International Law" discussions simply because, at the end of the day, it will not be the basis for the settlement that brings an end to the conflict.

Yeah, we could argue the merits of a one-state • versus • two-state solution until the cows come home.; but it will come to nothing. Again, in the end, the Israelis will not agree to anything that will place the fate of the Jewish National Home at risk - in the Arab Palestinian hands.

A settlement of any kind is a long way off. The Arab Palestinians really have no one single voice that their people need in order to reach some semblance of consensus.

Most Respectfully,
R

All we hear about is “ International Law” yet when asked why there wasn’t any respect for it before 1967 there is no response.

Part of that is “ live in peace with your neighbors” When asked about the Palestinians demonstrating willingness there is no response.

She refers to the plan for a “ Greater Israel” still waiting for the thread. There won’t be. I could continue but you have the idea

with

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

All we hear about is “ International Law” yet when asked why there wasn’t any respect for it before 1967 there is no response.

Part of that is “ live in peace with your neighbors” When asked about the Palestinians demonstrating willingness there is no response.

She refers to the plan for a “ Greater Israel” still waiting for the thread. There won’t be. I could continue but you have the idea
I do not bring up international law, and when it comes up I defer to Rocco’s professional knowledge of it, knowledge I do not have. Neither I suspect do you.

What are you asking about regarding greater Israel? What thread? Are you claiming Israel has a right to the entire region? If so what are your plans for the indigenous non Jewish inhabitants who disagree with that plan? And what is the difference between Sharon’s (rather bloody) vision and the PLO?

with

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

I do not bring up international law, and when it comes up I defer to Rocco’s professional knowledge of it, knowledge I do not have. Neither I suspect do you.

What are you asking about regarding greater Israel? What thread? Are you claiming Israel has a right to the entire region? If so what are your plans for the indigenous non Jewish inhabitants who disagree with that plan? And what is the difference between Sharon’s (rather bloody) vision and the PLO?

You are the one who claims Israel’s goal is a “ Greater Israel” Link, please .

with

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

If so what are your plans for the indigenous non Jewish inhabitants who disagree with that plan?
The plan is to make the Palestinian's lives so miserable that they will "voluntarily" leave.

with

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

If so what are your plans for the indigenous non Jewish inhabitants who disagree with that plan?
The plan is to make the Palestinian's lives so miserable that they will "voluntarily" leave.

That’s so silly. The various Islamic terrorist franchises in Gaza use the term “gee-had” as a means to kill Israelis. It is Islamist ideology, Islamist intransigence and Islamist retrogression that is making the lives of Arabs-Moslems a miserable failure.

with

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

That’s so silly. The various Islamic terrorist franchises in Gaza use the term “gee-had” as a means to kill Israelis. It is Islamist ideology, Islamist intransigence and Islamist retrogression that is making the lives of Arabs-Moslems a miserable failure.

How Israeli taxpayers are funding a right-wing NGO dedicated to getting Palestinians evicted

How Israeli Taxpayers Are Funding a Right-wing NGO Dedicated to Getting Palestinians Evicted
A Haaretz investigation shows the organization, which fights alleged illegal Arab construction, gets money from several West Bank councils funded by taxpayers

Political nonprofit groups that collect information on controversial construction, issue reports and frequently petition the High Court of Justice in attempts to influence state policy are generally not financed with public funds - at least not when it comes to left-wing groups. Organizations like B’tselem, Peace Now and Yesh Din have never gotten a shekel of taxpayer money.

But that’s not the case with Regavim, one of the most prominent right-wing groups in Israel today. A Haaretz investigative report shows that the nonprofit, which deals primarily with court petitions against the authorities, got millions of shekels of public funds. In many cases the funds were funneled to Regavim under criteria that were tailored for it, and although the group declared it had received funds from one regional council, it actually got large budgets from at least two additional regional councils.

Regavim focuses on legal battles against allegedly illegal Arab construction in the West Bank, Galilee and Negev. For example, it is leading the legal battle to evacuate the Palestinian villages of Sussia in the south Hebron Hills. Before he was elected to the Knesset, one of Regavim’s leading activists was Habayit Hayehudi MK Betzalal Smotrich.

......But documents from other regional councils reveal that Regavim also got money from the Samaria and South Hebron Hills regional councils. Unlike Mateh Binyamin, which made support payments to Regavim without expecting a specific return, these two regional councils signed contracts with Regavim to provide services. During 2014 and 2015 Regavim got 300,000 shekels from the Samaria Regional Council to “deal with inspection and systematic handling of illegal Palestinian construction in the council’s jurisdiction.” In 2016 the fee went up to 400,000 shekels. The Hebron Hills Regional Council paid Regavim for “protecting and liberating lands”; the sums were 300,000 shekels in 2014 and 2015, while in 2016 it dropped to 220,000 shekels. The council has also paid Regavim 85,000 shekels since 2014 for aerial photographs.

I wonder what “liberating lands” means?

I wonder what “liberating lands” means?

Usually it means buying it for the 1000'th time, the same plot of land, or the same house that was owned by Jews before the Arab pogroms at prices You'd not even imagine. The sums in the report are just pocket money for lawyers.

Arabs are both happy to sell for astronomical prices and then make propaganda, pretending they didn't just turn into multi millionaires with relatives in Europe waiting for them with a set conditions as perpetual refugees.

DD1q-dMXgAEewfP.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting article...shows how complicated the issue of property rights is in the former Ottoman region, but also the general disregard by groups such as this for the Palestinian families affected.

The judge noted:

Barak-Erez closed her ruling by noting the hardship residents would suffer by being evicted from homes where they had lived for decades and which some had even purchased. She therefore urged the state to compensate anyone evicted.

Though the evictions, assuming the trust indeed owns the land, are legal, she wrote, “Evicting people who have lived on this land for decades – some of them without even knowing that the land belongs to others – creates a human problem. Especially when it’s done without compensation or any other solution. It seems the state would do better to consider providing a solution, in appropriate cases, for those evicted from their homes. Property rights are important, but it’s also important to defend people’s homes.”

Ateret Cohanim is itself an interesting group intent on creating a
Jewish majority in East Jerusalem by purchasing property with help from district authorities, evicting the tenants and moving Jewish families in. Sometimes with questionable legality. So the question is...why one or the other? Why not both Jews and Palestinians?

Court allows eviction of 700 Palestinians from East Jerusalem neighborhood

Interesting article...shows how complicated the issue of property rights is in the former Ottoman region, but also the general disregard by groups such as this for the Palestinian families affected.

The judge noted:

Barak-Erez closed her ruling by noting the hardship residents would suffer by being evicted from homes where they had lived for decades and which some had even purchased. She therefore urged the state to compensate anyone evicted.

Though the evictions, assuming the trust indeed owns the land, are legal, she wrote, “Evicting people who have lived on this land for decades – some of them without even knowing that the land belongs to others – creates a human problem. Especially when it’s done without compensation or any other solution. It seems the state would do better to consider providing a solution, in appropriate cases, for those evicted from their homes. Property rights are important, but it’s also important to defend people’s homes.”

Jewish majority in East Jerusalem by purchasing property with help from district authorities, evicting the tenants and moving Jewish families in. Sometimes with questionable legality. So the question is...why one or the other? Why not both Jews and Palestinians?

The horror of moving Jewish families into property they own in Judea.
And the sky doesn't fall. And the millions getting paid.
And the Arab estate agents specifically appointed by their people for such cases.

Exactly, why not both Arabs and Jews? Arabs are 20% in Israel, why building Jewish communities among Arab ones is a bad thing, beyond the pretentious spectacles of being forced into the top 20% of the worlds richest people?

Last edited:

The judge noted:

And the sky doesn't fall. And the millions getting paid.
And the Arab estate agents specifically appointed by their people for such cases.

Exactly, why not both Arabs and Jews? Arabs are 20% in Israel, why building Jewish communities among Arab ones is a bad thing, beyond the pretentious spectacles of being forced into the top 20% of the worlds richest people?
And the evicted Palestinians lost their homes in 1948. It would be the right thing for them to get their homes back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back