Palestine: the things you don’t hear about

Status
Not open for further replies.
118209488_3265420810232139_7920003251975869459_n.jpg

Because "there's no way but Jihad..."

and the Qatari 50$ are worth it.

Last edited:

WP11x840.jpg

Honey Thaljieh (second from right), working with young refugees in Australia. (WILLIAM WEST/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES)

Growing up in Bethlehem, Thaljieh enjoyed football as a source of hope and a way to escape from the realities of living under occupation. “Football was the best way, regardless of all the difficulties, to distract us from insanity and just give us a secure place,” she recalled. As she got older, she wanted to seriously pursue football as a career, but received pushback from family who told her playing sports was not a viable career for women. Instead of accepting their answer, she pushed back against their reasoning.

“I challenged my community, I challenged my parents, I challenged my neighbors,” Thaljieh said. “I refused from an early age to accept the fact that girls should stay at home while boys play football in the street.” She attributes her tenacity to growing up Palestinian. “I was born as a rebel, I think,” she said. “Most Palestinians are rebels, I believe, and the resilience in us never goes away, because when we want something we have to make it happen.”

Thaljieh ultimately partnered with Bethlehem University in 2003 to launch a piecemeal woman’s football team consisting of just a handful of players. From there the program took off, and just a few years later the team played its first official match.

The hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say: ‘O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him’
(Sahih Bukhari 4.52.177)

quote-allah-s-apostle-said-the-hour-will-not-be-established-until-you-fight-with-the-jews-and-the-stone-muhammad-254803.jpeg

Sahih al-Bukhari, 2926
• Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 4, Book of Fighting for the Cause of Allah (al-Jihaad), Hadith 177

Palestinian Women: Runners, Mothers and Breadwinners

...In Summer 2014, Shawqia took a loan from FATEN in order to develop the agriculturally rich land around her home. With the care and tenderness of a mother, she took me for a tour of her hip-height bean plants, a nursery of herbs peeking through the ground, baby fig and olive trees. Over a cup of the most amazing tea I’ve ever tasted (which I am told, is a due to the well-water stored under the home), she told me how she grows almost everything that her family eats and sells any extra, essentially eliminating the need to go to the mini market.

As she lovingly stroked her budding olive tree, she told me how her two sons (who married two sisters!), helped her to plant the fields. Now that everything is in bloom, she is very content spending her days tending her land alone. Hands don’t lie: This is a woman who is no stranger to hard work.

View attachment 222671

KIVA is an NGO microloan program that is quite successful. They loan to women primarily because women are more likely to invest it into enterprises to help their families.
Could only happen in Israel, because of Israelis. Good story thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back