Paid in Cash ..!

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I actually paid in cash for groceries today..

Then I was thinking 🤔 how long has it been since I paid in cash..? It’s been years although, I do tip with cash and always carry a hundred or so and some change..

Cash is freedom. If cash goes away, it'll be just like China with the "Social Credit Scores".

Use cash.

Says the dummy that will probably use a card tomorrow because I gotta work and won't have time to go to the bank.

But after tomorrow, I will go get cash. Ooo! I ain't gotta use no card, I can get around it. :D

Cash is king!

Cash! Cash! Cash!

Cash is freedom. If cash goes away, it'll be just like China with the "Social Credit Scores".

Use cash.

Says the dummy that will probably use a card tomorrow because I gotta work and won't have time to go to the bank.

But after tomorrow, I will go get cash. Ooo! I an't gotta use no card, I can get around it. :D

There is no denying the convenience of a card. And the safety too.

I get what you are saying...but if you travel you should have both.
Well yes. I'm just saying in general principle you should use cash.

Idk if you can even get a hotel with cash anymore, unless it's really a seedy one.

I bet with enough cash, you could get a hotel, but rules would be bent and you'd be paying more.

Well yes. I'm just saying in general principle you should use cash.

Idk if you can even get a hotel with cash anymore, unless it's really a seedy one.

I bet with enough cash, you could get a hotel, but rules would be bent and you'd be paying more.

Yeah, no decent hotel without a card. Also, no car rentals.

There are reasons for cards and reasons for cash.

It used to be I always used cash, it seemed more real .. then, the convenience of credit cards took over.
It was just odd to realize the change. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I always carry $500 on me but not all in the same pocket.

But I pay for everything I buy with a credit card and get 2% cash back on everything I buy and I pay off the entire balance every month

It's silly to not use a credit card when you can get free cash back

I swear, I went to the hardware store yesterday to get a few things and it seems I had more in the bag for my 20-odd dollars that if I went to the grocery store and spent the same amount.....Paid cash.
Buying groceries is like an investment these days. We typically buy by the bulk/case these days.

I usually have cash on me but seldom use it unless I am throwing it at one of the kiddies or their mother to leave me the hell alone. One of my tenants insists on paying in cash so I usually just let it pile up til I think about going to the bank. I find it annoying TBH but I guess in their mind they are doing me a favor.

Forum List

Back