Oxford Word of the Year

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Oxford #1 pick for word of the year... Goblin Mode
Ok, it's actually a phrase and a hashtag on TikTok

“Goblin mode” has been chosen by the public as the 2022 Oxford word of the year. The term, which refers to “a type of behaviour which is unapologetically self-indulgent, lazy, slovenly, or greedy, typically in a way that rejects social norms or expectations”, has become the first word of the year to have been decided by public vote"

Can you identify with this? I know a few who have been in "goblin mode" most of their lives.

Oxford #1 pick for word of the year... Goblin Mode
Ok, it's actually a phrase and a hashtag on TikTok

“Goblin mode” has been chosen by the public as the 2022 Oxford word of the year. The term, which refers to “a type of behaviour which is unapologetically self-indulgent, lazy, slovenly, or greedy, typically in a way that rejects social norms or expectations”, has become the first word of the year to have been decided by public vote"

Can you identify with this? I know a few who have been in "goblin mode" most of their lives.

I've never heard of it.

This is the US of A. No one here actually cares about Oxford, except for all the Rhodes Scholars in Biden's administration.

1670299288635.png

www.unlimitedhangout.com/2022/03/investigative-reports/the-rhodes-scholars-guiding-bidens-presidency/

Nope, most of us here in America, what we care about, is Websters. :113:

Which really? :eusa_think:

Seems to be what all them Goblin Mode, Rhodes Scholars are doing to us all. . . :auiqs.jpg:

This is the US of A. No one here actually cares about Oxford, except for all the Rhodes Scholars in Biden's administration.

View attachment 735224
www.unlimitedhangout.com/2022/03/investigative-reports/the-rhodes-scholars-guiding-bidens-presidency/

Seems to be what all them Goblin Mode, Rhodes Scholars are doing to us all. . . :auiqs.jpg:
Right up a whole white paper on the subject, Mr Boil. It should enthrall us all.

Right up a whole white paper on the subject, Mr Boil. It should enthrall us all.
Oh sure, you say that now.

But I would spend all that time, and when I am done, you would gas-light us all, into thinking it does not mean a thing.

I know. It annoys you.
Not at all, I have to care about something or someone to be annoyed. You don't fall into either category. I just find it amusing that morons try to dazzle us all with their brilliance and they can't spell a simple second grade word. Try again, junior.

Not at all, I have to care about something or someone to be annoyed. You don't fall into either category. I just find it amusing that morons try to dazzle us all with their brilliance and they can't spell a simple second grade word. Try again, junior.
You never seem to amaze. Even when you can't see my intention. It's because your head is up your butt.

View attachment 735224

No one cares about it, except those who can write.

Forum List

Back