over 40 advice thread for the youngins

manu1959 said:
if i had know i was going to live this long....i would have partied even harder :eek:
I would have married later and divorced sooner, if I was as stupid later as earlier. :scratch:

Mr. P said:
Hummm..not too young then really..just no time for life before mom-hood..Maybe that's the same thing, huh?

Yup, no child bride or anything. Always was a 'thinker.' LOL Gotta say, those that stay in school, no matter which, are still 'children.' Don't know that I've been able to really assimilate to grown up. Had 1.5 years without ex, before my parents had to move in. My mom has passed, but my dad is still here with me. Not easy, though lord knows he has helped my sons these past 12 years. The fact they are responsible men, in large measure is for my dad filling a vacant role.

Kathianne said:
Yup, no child bride or anything. Always was a 'thinker.' LOL Gotta say, those that stay in school, no matter which, are still 'children.'
I know exactly what you mean. I've seen men come out of the military after 20 years or more and seem as though they just got out of high school at 18. Folks at 39-40 with no clue what life was like, really.
Don't know that I've been able to really assimilate to grown up.
Hey, I refuse to do that! :D
Had 1.5 years without ex, before my parents had to move in. My mom has passed, but my dad is still here with me. Not easy, though lord knows he has helped my sons these past 12 years. The fact they are responsible men, in large measure is for my dad filling a vacant role.
Both mine are gone...Maybe this fits the thread...FOLKS..Love em while ya got em, talk with em whenever you can, spend time with em, cuz when their gone that phrase, "You're on your own", takes on a whole new meaning.

Mr. P said:
I know exactly what you mean. I've seen men come out of the military after 20 years or more and seem as though they just got out of high school at 18. Folks at 39-40 with no clue what life was like, really.

Hey, I refuse to do that! :D

Both mine are gone...Maybe this fits the thread...FOLKS..Love em while ya got em, talk with em whenever you can, spend time with em, cuz when their gone that phrase, "You're on your own", takes on a whole new meaning.

Gee Mr. P, you are good for more than recipes, though a master at that, so damn keep posting them.

For every downside, there are enumerable upsides. (Even when it doesn't feel that way.)

Kathianne said:
Gee Mr. P, you are good for more than recipes, though a master at that, so damn keep posting them.

For every downside, there are enumerable upsides. (Even when it doesn't feel that way.)

You didn't like my "food for thought" recipe? :)

Forum List

Back