Our President Has To Invade Iran -And Now!

The rpimary threat to the stability of the region has been Iran, and its state-sponsored islamofascist groups long before, during, and will be after GWB.

But this post says it all. You are so blinded by political ideology and hatred for a man because of his political beliefs you are willing to ingore a real threat and attempt to place the blame on Bush.

Takeing out Iran is key to winning the war on Terrorism. Iran is supporting and harboring AQ terrorists. They are also getting weapons to the AQ forces in Iraq. We need to hit Iran now. They have also been pushing us as far as taking American and British prisoners which I think violates the Geniva Convenction. They are getting away with way to much and we need to show them that it's not toleralted.

I also think Pakistan should be on the list. We have found out that Bin Laden and his #2 are there. We need to show any country that harbors terrorists that it wont be tolerated period.

Takeing out Iran is key to winning the war on Terrorism. Iran is supporting and harboring AQ terrorists. They are also getting weapons to the AQ forces in Iraq. We need to hit Iran now. They have also been pushing us as far as taking American and British prisoners which I think violates the Geniva Convenction. They are getting away with way to much and we need to show them that it's not toleralted.

I also think Pakistan should be on the list. We have found out that Bin Laden and his #2 are there. We need to show any country that harbors terrorists that it wont be tolerated period.

I suspect whatever else Iran is up to, helping out AQ isn't one of them. bin Laden is a Sunni. Iran is Shi'ite. Hezbollah is Shi'ite.

I suspect whatever else Iran is up to, helping out AQ isn't one of them. bin Laden is a Sunni. Iran is Shi'ite. Hezbollah is Shi'ite.

Let's try to think about this for a minute, I know that's hard for you to do sometimes but AQ's number one enemie is the US and Iran will do everything in their power to hurt us and out way of life, so if that mean;s teaming up with AQ and other terrorist orginizations to accomplish this they will. We have already found and have proof they are getting weapons and supplies to the AQ members we are fighting in Iraq. They maybe enemies, but they have a greater enemy, the United States and it's allies, I don't see why it is so hard for people to comprehend.

Let's try to think about this for a minute, I know that's hard for you to do sometimes but AQ's number one enemie is the US and Iran will do everything in their power to hurt us and out way of life, so if that mean;s teaming up with AQ and other terrorist orginizations to accomplish this they will. We have already found and have proof they are getting weapons and supplies to the AQ members we are fighting in Iraq. They maybe enemies, but they have a greater enemy, the United States and it's allies, I don't see why it is so hard for people to comprehend.

You're not making sense. The Sunni and Shia are the ones at war with each other over Iraq. The Shia are backed by Iran. Why would Iran support wahabbis when it is in a proxy war against them?

While your conventional Western wisdom might do you good against a Western enemy, I think Arabs have proven time and again over centuries they are more concerned over petty little blood feuds than they are banding together as one force to combat a common enemy.

Ah the old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" bit. Well, as Gunny clearly pointed out, this is a blood feud going back centuries.

I saw Roger Hodgson last month in concert at the Waukesha Fest outside of Milwaukee. My Dad is a Supertramp fanatic. Rock on!

Rock on!

Too bad I didn't listen harder to the lyrics of the songs of yesteryear. It would have saved me a lotta heartache. :eusa_boohoo:

As a matter of fact I'm listening to Magic 693 here in Melbourne as I type.

There she was just a waklin' down the street,
Clicking her fingers and shuffling her feet,
Singing Do-Wa-Diddy, Diddy Dum Diddy Do

She looked good, she looked fine...

Ah they don't make em like that anymore! :wtf:

I often wondered if The Big Yellow Taxi came and took the weird girl in the song away for "waklin' down the street,
Clicking her fingers and shuffling her feet,
Singing Do-Wa-Diddy, Diddy Dum Diddy Do"? :D

You sure got some screwy ideas. You must have learned your anti-Americanism at the same place you learned your anti-Christianity. Let me guess ... you went to "Anti University."

You'll join me in my insanity one day, Guns. When those Haji faces start to haunt your sleep so bad that even the booze and the drugs don't give you an undisturbed night.

As for being a "Christian," you're about as much of a true believer as I am.

Underneath it all, you're just another Reich Christian that goes along to get along. ;)

You'll join me in my insanity one day, Guns. When those Haji faces start to haunt your sleep so bad that even the booze and the drugs don't give you an undisturbed night.

Underneath it all, you're just another Reich Christian that goes along to get along. ;)

Reich Christian?

Oh, ok.....Thank's............

The Scottish forefathers of Scotch-Irish or Ulster-Scots Presbyterians were the original Soupers.

Originally Lowland Scots, these Sassenach arse-sucking scum sold their soul for the Calvinist's soup.

They later became landlords to, and delighted in lording it over, their former religionists and fellow Celts on behalf of His Royal Dutch Protestant Highness' Ulster Plantation (Yep, that's where the words comes from!)

These stinking fucking "Orangmen" (i.e, Dutch) scabs and black legs eventuallly got what they deserved when Perfidious Albion started to disenfranchise them too. But never let the scion of these shit-sucking Proddie maggots tell you they were treated as badly as the "white ******" Irishmen.

Consequently the ancestors of this fen dwelling filth migrated to to America, settled mainly below the Mason-Dixon line, and gave America it's fruitcake Fundie fascist religion.

These genetically cowardly imposters now have the effrontery to get around Dixie in phoney kilts, play Highland games and claim Highland heritage, play "Celtic' music, and generally imagine themselves as Bravehearts.

When their real ancestors were bog-trotting Benedict Arnolds whose ethics were lower than the basic wage.

I don't doubt my Christianity. I'm just not a preacher. You're free to name your own poison far as I'm concerned.

Not to use digression in the pejorative sense, but we have certainly digressed-

I would add my thoughts on the Iran matter but GunnyL seems to have spoken the majority of what was in my head (so I tip my hat, sir).

However I was perusing Commentary Magazine and stumbled across a remarkably well-constructed, eloquent analysis and recommendation for how to deal with the amorphous-but-certainly-still-volatile nation that is Iran.

I think we can agree on the incompetence of Amedenijhad and I would love to hear any arguments in favor of his remaining in office because I'm in need of a good laugh.

First post, so I can only give you text, but here's a text link:

w ww.commentarymagazine.com/cm/main/viewArticle.html?id=10882

Some choice quotes for those too lazy to read:

"The military campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq cannot be understood if they are regarded as self-contained wars in their own right. Instead we have to see them as fronts or theaters that have been opened up in the early stages of a protracted global struggle. The same thing is true of Iran. As the currently main center of the Islamofascist ideology against which we have been fighting since 9/11, and as (according to the State Department’s latest annual report on the subject) the main sponsor of the terrorism that is Islamofascism’s weapon of choice, Iran too is a front in World War IV."

"I call this new war World War IV, because I also believe that what is generally known as the cold war was actually World War III, and that this one bears a closer resemblance to that great conflict than it does to World War II. Like the cold war, as the military historian Eliot Cohen was the first to recognize, the one we are now in has ideological roots, pitting us against Islamofascism, yet another mutation of the totalitarian disease we defeated first in the shape of Nazism and fascism and then in the shape of Communism..."

Intriguing, am I right?

-Xenophon

Not to use digression in the pejorative sense, but we have certainly digressed-

I would add my thoughts on the Iran matter but GunnyL seems to have spoken the majority of what was in my head (so I tip my hat, sir).

However I was perusing Commentary Magazine and stumbled across a remarkably well-constructed, eloquent analysis and recommendation for how to deal with the amorphous-but-certainly-still-volatile nation that is Iran.

I think we can agree on the incompetence of Amedenijhad and I would love to hear any arguments in favor of his remaining in office because I'm in need of a good laugh.

First post, so I can only give you text, but here's a text link:

w ww.commentarymagazine.com/cm/main/viewArticle.html?id=10882

Some choice quotes for those too lazy to read:

"The military campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq cannot be understood if they are regarded as self-contained wars in their own right. Instead we have to see them as fronts or theaters that have been opened up in the early stages of a protracted global struggle. The same thing is true of Iran. As the currently main center of the Islamofascist ideology against which we have been fighting since 9/11, and as (according to the State Department’s latest annual report on the subject) the main sponsor of the terrorism that is Islamofascism’s weapon of choice, Iran too is a front in World War IV."

"I call this new war World War IV, because I also believe that what is generally known as the cold war was actually World War III, and that this one bears a closer resemblance to that great conflict than it does to World War II. Like the cold war, as the military historian Eliot Cohen was the first to recognize, the one we are now in has ideological roots, pitting us against Islamofascism, yet another mutation of the totalitarian disease we defeated first in the shape of Nazism and fascism and then in the shape of Communism..."

Intriguing, am I right?

-Xenophon

I'd say your pretty close. Too bad we don't have any leaders who can explain that concept well enough for people to "get it".

Forum List

Back