Oregon air pollution backlog puts LIVES at risk

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Ya think this has anything to do with T-Rump or E Scott Pruitt? Ya, me too

Oregon environmental regulators are failing to keep up on air pollution permit renewals, potentially endangering the public’s health, according to a state audit released Wednesday.

The Secretary of State’s office said that 43 percent of the “largest and most complex federal and state air quality permit renewals are overdue for renewal.” In addition, auditors found that the Department of Environmental Quality was often behind on compliance inspections.

"Outdated permits increase the risk that permitted facilities are not operating according to the latest air quality standards and rules," the report said. "When inspections are not completed on time, the risk increases that violations go undetected."

At the same time, businesses were losing faith in the agency, according to auditors, who noted that "the permit and inspection backlog has increased tensions with businesses and eroded their confidence in DEQ’s ability to effectively manage air quality permits."​

https://www.bizjournals.com/portlan...-pollution-permit-backlog-puts-health-at.html

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Oregon? Land of trees? They really have any air pollution issues?

Or is this just government people playing with themselves?

A state-run organization in one of the most liberal states in America can't manage the environment?

Who have thunk it?

chernobyl-cover.jpg

Oregon? Land of trees? They really have any air pollution issues? Or is this just government people playing with themselves?
Oregon has trees and mountains along but is 2/3 high desert DoubleSpaceBoy.
And forgive --- E Scott Pruitt is complicit but Stinky Zinke is our lad de jour
Zinke questions legality, offers few specifics about Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument's fate

High Deserts don't have vast open space of clean air?

Nothing in your link seems on topic.

Unless, this is really just a throw anti-Trump shit against the wall and see if anything sticks?

Does the average tree remove toxic air pollutants that are identified and measured in the industrial emissions? Or do you just need to stfu and admit you're a fraud troll?

I am sitting here laughing my ass off !

I live here in Oregon, and I can assure all you cupcakes out there that there are little to no air pollution problems here.

Not only do our massive amount of trees help clean the air, but our endless rainfall does as well.

For gods sake, go worry about air pollution in southern California, we don't have a problem here.

Does the average tree remove toxic air pollutants that are identified and measured in the industrial emissions? Or do you just need to stfu and admit you're a fraud troll?

Says the troll not supporting his premise that air pollution is a problem in Oregon.

Oregon air pollution backlog puts LIVES at risk

Oregon environmental regulators are failing to keep up on air pollution permit renewals, potentially endangering the public’s health, according to a state audit released Wednesday.​

Ya think you're a drama queen?

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

Yeah, me too. I deal with air pollution permits at my job. We have several facilities in California with back up generators that require annual renewal of air pollution permits. All they do is send us a renewal invoice and charge us a yearly fee for the permit. That's it, no inspection, nothing. It's a complete joke and just another way to extract more tax dollars through the guise of protecting the environment.

Furthermore, if you think this has anything to do with Trump or Pruitt you obviously didn't bother reading the article. This is a backlog at the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality. It's a state agency, not federal.

Furthermore, if you think this has anything to do with Trump or Pruitt you obviously didn't bother reading the article. This is a backlog at the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality. It's a state agency, not federal.

Okay okay OKAY - You've made some good points and I surrender. :~)

Says the troll not supporting his premise that air pollution is a problem in Oregon.
It's not my premise. I'm just here kicking the stool out from under you and your idiotic comment about lots of trees in Oregon.

Forum List

Back