Open up and highly encourage people to stay home

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
Makes perfect sense and everyone can agree on it. If one wants to go out then go. For the 30 to 40 percent or so of people that choose not to go out. Everyone wins.

Makes perfect sense and everyone can agree on it. If one wants to go out then go. For the 30 to 40 percent or so of people that choose not to go out. Everyone wins.

What? 30-40 percent not obey....democrats won't like that.

It matters not. If 40 percent of people choose to continue to follow the guidelines of not going out that doesn't affect anybody else but them.

We all know people who are scared to death, so they chose to go nowhere. I’m not living my life like that. It’s dumb. If viruses were so dangerous, our species would have died off long ago.

But hey, stay home and stay safe. This way I’ll enjoy my favorite restaurants without waiting for a seat and not have to yell at your poor driving skills.

I'd go even further and say "over age 60 or with underlying conditions, stay home and/or be cautious. Here are the stats for your age group"

Everyone else, here are the stats: As an example (not a real stat) 1 in 5,000 people under the age of 50 who get the virus, succumb to it. Etc.

One site said the death rate for people over 78 was about 8%, those under age 12 it was something absurdly miniscule, 0.00016% or something.

Imagine being 22, fresh out of university and ready to go and then this hits? My life would have been vastly different if this hit when I graduated, just based on the timing and my problems at home. I can only imagine how many are going through difficult times. It's impacting us all greatly today, though differently.

The Swedish model wasn't perfect, but no model can be with imperfect information. I do think though, we have enough information to understand how to mitigate while trying to live our lives.

So let me I said everyone wins if 40 percent of the public chooses to stay home. So far not one of you has come up with a negative to this.

So let me I said everyone wins if 40 percent of the public chooses to stay home. So far not one of you has come up with a negative to this.

It depends on income. If you can work from home fine, but if your cash is running low you may need to go back to work and take your chances.
If you're over 60, just stay home.

simpleton solution ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

how many businesses can keep their doors open when they lose 40% of their business ?

DDDDUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH

The Markets (were they as meant to be) would take care of itself- people are supposed to take care of themselves. Our fed gov't (and per the 14th amendment to the constitution) State gov't's are supposed to secure our Liberty's- restricting and illegitimately saying who is or isn't "essential" is NOT securing anything but it's own, illegitimate and ill perceived authority.

NO WHERE in the rules for the empty suited narcissist was the authority, or power "granted" to restrict Liberty-

the people will let businesses know how they accept rubbing elbows and breathing covid19 air at cash registers -

a 40% reduction in revenue may be minimal -

Well people should be free to stay home just like they should be free to go out into the public correct? So businesses will have to adapt to less people buying in the future even when things are fully opened up.

This is how it should have always been. If you want to go out, go. If not, stay in. Same for business, if you want to open or close, that's your decision. If never should have been the government telling everyone what the cant do. Now, look how they have completely destroyed the economy.

The economy is completely destroyed? People are still buying here. All stores require masks but that doesn't bother me. It's more sanitary anyway. Car dealers are still selling

Forum List

Back