Open carry...do you get it?

Open carry...

• Total voters
kosher grl, folks have an expectation of not being scared the fuck when dumbos come into the coffee armed like the Taliban or the Crips.

I don't.

Someone who gets it, please explain it to me.

The only time I open carry is when I'm in the woods.

Reasons to open carry:
1) When the nanny state fucks effectively outlaw conceal carry;
2) Traditionally, the idea of concealing a firearm was considered...sneaky or perhaps cowardly. Among the first gun control laws were rules that forbid conceal carry with the idea that everyone should plainly see who is armed;
3) Drawing from an externally-mounted holster is generally faster and safer than drawing from concealment; and
4) Thugs may avoid attempting to victimize a particular location if they see that there are armed individuals. The best fight is the one avoided.

Personally, I am very comfortable around people carrying openly. They're not infringing on my rights in any way. It's not as though anyone intending to do harm to others is going to advertise the fact they're armed.

I don't.

Someone who gets it, please explain it to me.

The only time I open carry is when I'm in the woods.

If you're referring to "open carry" organizations in Texas then it's a protest to try and get the state to change it's archaic open carry laws which allows for long arms but bans open carry of modern sidearms.

When I read a lot of the pro gun posts on these threads, I can't help but think of Elvis. He actually performed on stage in Vegas with a gun in his boot. He managed to get into the White House, without being screened by the Secret Service, and presented Nixon with a Colt 1911 45 (in the hopes that he would be able to get a federal narc badge in return, so that he could get through customs without having his luggage searched for drugs...(and it worked). He set up a shooting range out doors in Graceland, and more than once, shot out his TV screen in his Palm Springs home. he was, and remained, a hillbilly. More than one gun nut on these threads sure do put me in mind of him.

kosher grl, folks have an expectation of not being scared the fuck when dumbos come into the coffee armed like the Taliban or the Crips.

Both of which are famously masters of illegally hiding weapons on their bodies.
You fucking retard.

You with your fellow Stephanie the Seal are barking in the blubber chorus.

What you just wrote makes no sense.

I carry conceal, I have no trouble with carry conceal, but to open carry into McDonald's is fucking offensive and just plain stupid.

I voted "I approve" but let me qualify my answer. In some cases I adhere to the old adage: "When in Rome do as the Romans do." That means that if I'm in a part of the country where open carry is part of the normal day to day routine and fully accepted by the local community then I have zero problem with open carry. I also open carry in a wilderness setting. I probably wouldn't open carry into a shopping mall or on a busy street in downtown New York. I'm a fan of good judgment and prudence.

I voted "I approve" but let me qualify my answer. In some cases I adhere to the old adage: "When in Rome do as the Romans do." That means that if I'm in a part of the country where open carry is part of the normal day to day routine and fully accepted by the local community then I have zero problem with open carry. I also open carry in a wilderness setting. I probably wouldn't open carry into a shopping mall or on a busy street in downtown New York. I'm a fan of good judgment and prudence.

Common sense.

Many folks brought out good and interesting factors and points of views about open carry, some that I've previously considered and some that I haven't...but this one mirrors my own almost exactly...I couldn't have expressed it better.

I am a big proponent of the 2nd amendment.

But, I see no need to strap your AR-15 over your shoulder and walk around town or go into the mall or a restaurant.

I know why people are doing it, it is a protest of Rights. Would I do it, NO.

I have had a CWP for over 30 years, but when I carry (which is rarely) it is hidden , it is no ones business if I am packing.

yep, its become a form of protest. no different from gays and gay pride parades, million man marches, anti war demonstrations, OWS or what ever anyone else is trying to promote. people are nervous or made uncomfortable with all forms of protest

The nutters say they carry a gun for protection and to stop an attack. If that were true, they would never hide the fact they're carrying a gun. They say that so-called "gun free zones" are inviting attack. If that's true, then openly carrying a gun would stop an attack before it started.

Carrying a gun is cowardly and puts innocent people in danger.

And to say its a form of protest is just plain dishonest.

The nutters say they carry a gun for protection and to stop an attack. If that were true, they would never hide the fact they're carrying a gun. They say that so-called "gun free zones" are inviting attack. If that's true, then openly carrying a gun would stop an attack before it started.

Here's your sign...........

timthumb.php

It is bad enough "law enforcement" fags have their weapons on their Batman belts. On the other hand, in America, a land invaded by millions of illegal aliens and loaded with ghetto Obama folks, and it is hot out, external carry might be the most comfortable.

My brother was one of the "fags" you speak of. Father of three; Russian interpreter during the Viet Nam & Cold War era; champion arm wrestler; fantastic chess player; and a cop (for many years). Kinda hard for a cop to do his job without a gun and almost as tough to do without a gun readily available.

I'm not a fan of all cops or the general direction that some departments are headed but I believe that most cops are good men doing a hard job. I doubt you will consider them "fags" when they help you in a time of real need.

timthumb.php

That lol.

timthumb.php

Hit a nerve, didn't I.

If you could argue my point, you wouldn't have to post a grade-school-level emoticon.

timthumb.php

Hit a nerve, didn't I.

If you could argue my point, you wouldn't have to post a grade-school-level emoticon.

Nutty, if you had a point that wasn't far left rhetoric, propaganda, elementary school cut and paste then I would discuss it honestly with you but you don't and you can't. Ya wanna see grade school, look in the mirror...... and the nerve that (obviously) was struck wasn't mine........ :lmao:

Forum List

Back