Ooops! Have you ever.... ?

Ooops.... Have you ever.....

• Called your spouse/date by your Ex's name?

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Walked into the wrong restroom?

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Asked when someone was expecting, who wasn't?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Forgot who you were talking to and said something inappropriate?

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Talked to a stranger because you thought it was someone you were with?

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Tried to get into the wrong car?

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Drank someone elses drink at a bar?

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I plead guilty to the wrong restroom thing. It was late at night and I was freezing on my motorcycle coming back from the coast in California (had to cross a mountain pass). Plus I was hungry and had to do my restroom biness. So as soon as I hit town I picked out a big restaurant to thaw out in and regroup. I went right into the restroom, it was quite large, many stalls and I had the whole place to myself! And it stayed that way. I couldn't believe my good fortune, timing is everything!

Well, I took my sweet ass time as you can imagine but when I left there were a BUNCH of women lined up looking walleyed at me. So I left. And I didn't stop until I got home, checking the rear views all the way for red and blue lights (about 90 miles).

I did ask a family friend I hadn't seen in years how their daughter was doing ... I didn't know she had overdosed on heroin.

I have done something similar, asked about a spouse that had passed or about a spouse and they split up.
Very awkward!

There isn't anything you can fucking do but stand there and look stupid.
The fact you didn't know in a way means you didn't care enough to know ... :(

Yep, it's like, well if you cared that much where the hell have you been.
Had a family member say that when he was dying of cancer - don't come see me NOW, you didn't care before!
Makes you think.....

Well, sometimes people lose touch or grow apart. Doesn't mean you don't wish the very best for that person and would be sad if something bad happened to him or her. I hope that if I was in the hospital dying of cancer, I would be grateful to anyone who cared enough to come and visit me and ask about how I was doing. Just my opinion, of course. Touchy subject, I know.

I did ask a family friend I hadn't seen in years how their daughter was doing ... I didn't know she had overdosed on heroin.

I have done something similar, asked about a spouse that had passed or about a spouse and they split up.
Very awkward!

Had a family member say that when he was dying of cancer - don't come see me NOW, you didn't care before!
Makes you think.....

Well, sometimes people lose touch or grow apart. Doesn't mean you don't wish the very best for that person and would be sad if something bad happened to him or her. I hope that if I was in the hospital dying of cancer, I would be grateful to anyone who cared enough to come and visit me and ask about how I was doing. Just my opinion, of course. Touchy subject, I know.

He came around and let us help him. It was ultimately more of a blessing to us... but, lesson learned.

I loved when my hubby came to me when we went to Outback (his first trip to the RR at an Outback) and he's like "why does the women's room say Sheila"? :rolleyes:

Very awkward!

Makes you think.....

He came around and let us help him. It was ultimately more of a blessing to us... but, lesson learned.

Did you watch Farrah Fawcet's documentary about her battle with cancer? OMG. That was so sad. :( Poor thing.

I was a family function of my wife's. She walked up besides me and I leaned into her and gave her back a caress/hug.

Except of course it was not her, but her young and very hot cousin.

that was "convenient"....

I said something along the line of "Oops, thought you were wife". They are similar builds.

And she already knew me well enough to know I was NOT grouping her on purpose.

So, that was the end of it.

I don't think anyone else saw. If they did, God only knows what they are thinking to this day.

I was a family function of my wife's. She walked up besides me and I leaned into her and gave her back a caress/hug.

Except of course it was not her, but her young and very hot cousin.

that was "convenient"....

I said something along the line of "Oops, thought you were wife". They are similar builds.

And she already knew me well enough to know I was NOT grouping her on purpose.

So, that was the end of it.

I don't think anyone else saw. If they did, God only knows what they are thinking to this day.

Well that is flattering to your wife anyway, that she looks like your hot cousin.
I never had any hot cousins.. maybe that's a good thing :)

Very awkward!

Makes you think.....

Did you watch Farrah Fawcet's documentary about her battle with cancer? OMG. That was so sad. :( Poor thing.

With one exception, (car wreck), everyone in my family had cancer when they passed on.

Including a 7 y/o great niece

Very awkward!

Makes you think.....

we did watch that, and yes, very sad.... :(

Makes you think.....

With one exception, (car wreck), everyone in my family had cancer when they passed on.

that's very sad. I'm trying to keep this light and silly :(

I was in a grocery store looking at something next to a gal and she put her arm in mine and said "Honey, what do you think...Argggg!"...as she turned and saw me. Hubby got a big laugh out of it.

I was in a grocery store looking at something next to a gal and she put her arm in mine and said "Honey, what do you think...Argggg!"...as she turned and saw me. Hubby got a big laugh out of it.

I would have said sure honey, what does your husband think?

I have grabbed the arm of a cute guy I didn't know in the grocery store and started dragging him off with me ... To avoid a conversation with someone else I didn't want to talk to ... He played along and I bought him a bottle of wine for the effort.

I have grabbed the arm of a cute guy I didn't know in the grocery store and started dragging him off with me ... To avoid a conversation with someone else I didn't want to talk to ... He played along and I bought him a bottle of wine for the effort.

Just my luck.

never in the wrong place at the right time.

Makes you think.....

OMG. Sorry to hear that! :( Hopefully you get checked yourself regularly as that type of thing usually runs in families, like heart disease.

Forum List

Back