One undeniable fact.

I love you conservatives on this site, who bitch about how liberals always bring up racism, and yet one of your favorite talking points is how Obama only won and is only well liked, and is only tying Romney because hes black.

God forbid you actually consider the possibility that, in part, the reason Obama won by such large margins last time was because of how badly Bush led our nation. And that the reason Obama is running neck and neck with Romney, is in large part to how bad the republican picked candidate is.
No no, don't take any responsibility for your poor choices, it must be because he's black.

For once, I actually agree with you.

Immie

I love you conservatives on this site, who bitch about how liberals always bring up racism, and yet one of your favorite talking points is how Obama only won and is only well liked, and is only tying Romney because hes black.

God forbid you actually consider the possibility that, in part, the reason Obama won by such large margins last time was because of how badly Bush led our nation. And that the reason Obama is running neck and neck with Romney, is in large part to how bad the republican picked candidate is.

No no, don't take any responsibility for your poor choices, it must be because he's black.

What else did he have going for him? How did he generate the wave to over come Hillary who herself and other democrats had to all locked up and he rode over her on a wave of what? Hope? Do you honestly he played that card?

He had hope, and change.

He was a fresh face that didn't carry the baggage tha Hiliary had. He wasn't the establishment pick, he hadn't been in Washington long( which was another plus). He is a charismatic speaker who convinced not just dems, but a majority of the American people that a vote for him, was a vote for change, a vote agaist the last 8 years of war and decline and the constant eroding of the constitution.

In other words, he lied if f'ing ass off.

Immie

It's hardly debatable that obama isn't a complete failure at foreign policy, domestic policy, and economic policy. The one undeniable fact is that if obama was white, he's be well into double digits behind Romney in all polls.

Must suck to be white.

I firmly believe race played a role in his initial victory. Now? I think stupidity is a larger factor to him still being in it.

Of course race played a part in his winning. It couldn't have been campaign organization, a winning message and great political skills.

His winning this time won't be due to greater ground game, defining mitt when it was early, campaign strength, etc.

It's always about race.

What else did he have going for him? How did he generate the wave to over come Hillary who herself and other democrats had to all locked up and he rode over her on a wave of what? Hope? Do you honestly he played that card?

He had hope, and change.

He was a fresh face that didn't carry the baggage tha Hiliary had. He wasn't the establishment pick, he hadn't been in Washington long( which was another plus). He is a charismatic speaker who convinced not just dems, but a majority of the American people that a vote for him, was a vote for change, a vote agaist the last 8 years of war and decline and the constant eroding of the constitution.

How's that hopey changey thingy workin out for ya?

It's hardly debatable that obama isn't a complete failure at foreign policy, domestic policy, and economic policy. The one undeniable fact is that if obama was white, he's be well into double digits behind Romney in all polls.

If Obama were white he probably wouldn't have been elected to begin with.

You are right that isn't debatable that his policies are complete failures. The best his supporters can do is say "it could have been worse." That's a tacit admission of failure.

I don't know- 42 other white guys had no problem getting elected... some of them further left than Obama.

The reason he's not double digits behind Romney is because Romney is an awful candidate who can't go a day without changing his positions. He backed away from his "47%" comments on Univision, and then his campaign backed off from his Univision comments.

In what has become of contemporary political discourse, an "undeniable fact" is just another opinion.

I must have missed a bunch of days in grade school. I could have sworn "undeniable facts" would be things like "most lemons are yellow", "New Years Day is January 1", "dogs are not cats", stuff like that.

I gotta catch up!

I firmly believe race played a role in his initial victory. Now? I think stupidity is a larger factor to him still being in it.

How?

Let's look at the breakdown of the racial vote.

96% of blacks voted for him, but 89% of them voted for the Lilly White John Kerry.

69% of Hispanics voted for him, but again, 56% of them vote for Kerry. This had not a lot to do with race, but because McCain walked away from his own immigration reform plan and embraced the Tancredo craziness on immigration.

Obama got 45% of the White vote, compared to 42% of the white vote Kerry got. So, really, not much of a shift.

Asians- Kerry got 56% of their vote, Obama got 64...

So, really, nothing to do with race, all the races shifted a bit, but not much. Probably had a lot more to do with two massively unpopular wars and a wrecked economy and McCain looked like an old guy who couldn't multi-task. Oh, yeah, and he picked a clinically retarded running-mate.

So why is he beating Romney?

Well let's see.

Weird Religion.
Contempt for working people and 47% of the population.
Inability to connect with people.
Misogynistic policies towards women

Yeah, you're right that Romney wouldn't have won the nomination if he were black. The GOP is stupid for having nominated a 1%er in this climate.

----------

I do love how the GOP has devolved into this false dynamic of "blame everyone except our selves". Lets see, you called Romney the "king flip flopper" and now you are surprised that he isn't going over big?

Rush Limbaugh isn't a party spokesman but he certainly has a loud megaphone. He calls a woman a "slut". The result of this obvious way overboard attack? You agree with him thus alienating a lot of women.

The rollout of Ryan was botched. The GOP convention was botched. The high profile trip overseas was botched. The tax records affair was botched, the 'We're not going to let fact-checkers dictate or campaign' (or something close to that), '47% of the Obama supporters are looking for a freebie', etc.... Conservative commentators have panned the Romney campaign time and again for everything I'm mentioning here. And you say that it's stupid that the other guy is winning?

It even gets above Romney though. Look at the electoral map. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, "polls don't matter" right? Set aside that for a moment and look at what is considered a blue state...something like 190 votes out of the gate? How'd that happen? Because the GOP alienates labor, they alienate immigrants, they alienate minorities, they alienate women, they alienate the working poor. Romney isn't helping but he was dealt a bad hand by people like you and the OP.

I've often said that he deserved a better party than the GOP. You are a perfect example of such.

you obama deranged o/p IS, in fact, debatable...and half the country thinks you're a putz.

his being ahead has nothing to do with color... it's that your guy doesn't know how to run a campaign. and if he can't do that, imagine how he'd screw up the country. obama is ahead b/c by comparison (and this is about comparison, notwithstanding what you rightwingnuts were hoping) obama looks better and better.

glad to help you with a little bit of reality. maybe some of it will get through your obama deranged skull.

you obama deranged o/p IS, in fact, debatable...and half the country thinks you're a putz.

his being ahead has nothing to do with color... it's that your guy doesn't know how to run a campaign. and if he can't do that, imagine how he'd screw up the country. obama is ahead b/c by comparison (and this is about comparison, notwithstanding what you rightwingnuts were hoping) obama looks better and better.

glad to help you with a little bit of reality. maybe some of it will get through your obama deranged skull.

Maybe Romney will win and maybe he won't but I can't wait to see what sewerage comes out of yer trap if he does. :D And you are the last person to talk about reality when wearing blinders. Giddy up.

Last edited:
I've often said that he deserved a better party than the GOP. You are a perfect example of such.

I disagree... I think Republicans deserve a better candidate.

The GOP's problem is that they do have a lot of good ideas. Government SHOULD live within its means. You can't have more people riding in the wagon than pulling it. We should have a strong defense, and we should encourage traditional families.

The thing is, the GOP has been so dominated by fringe views with unrealistic stances on these issues.

Most sensible people would say that it would be truly nice if we had less abortions in this country. But the notion of banning all abortion is not only malicious, but impractical. Yet the GOP can't get away from this extremist fringe view.

I respect the fact that Ryan was the first guy to say, "Hey, Medicare and Social Security are unsustainable as they are!" Absolutely correct. But then the next part of that sentence becomes, "And we need to trim them to fund tax cuts for the wealthy", that's where it gets nuts.

Why Romney fails is that he didn't do what George W. Bush did- actually LEAD. When House Republicans in 1999 called for some pretty draconian cuts in things, Bush said they were going too far. He painted himself as a "compassionate conservative" and the far right sneered.

In what has become of contemporary political discourse, an "undeniable fact" is just another opinion.

I must have missed a bunch of days in grade school. I could have sworn "undeniable facts" would be things like "most lemons are yellow", "New Years Day is January 1", "dogs are not cats", stuff like that.

I gotta catch up!

no. you're right. but unlike the o/p and his friends, you still have brain cells.

How?

Let's look at the breakdown of the racial vote.

96% of blacks voted for him, but 89% of them voted for the Lilly White John Kerry.

69% of Hispanics voted for him, but again, 56% of them vote for Kerry. This had not a lot to do with race, but because McCain walked away from his own immigration reform plan and embraced the Tancredo craziness on immigration.

Obama got 45% of the White vote, compared to 42% of the white vote Kerry got. So, really, not much of a shift.

Asians- Kerry got 56% of their vote, Obama got 64...

So, really, nothing to do with race, all the races shifted a bit, but not much. Probably had a lot more to do with two massively unpopular wars and a wrecked economy and McCain looked like an old guy who couldn't multi-task. Oh, yeah, and he picked a clinically retarded running-mate.

So why is he beating Romney?

Well let's see.

Weird Religion.
Contempt for working people and 47% of the population.
Inability to connect with people.
Misogynistic policies towards women

^^^^^^^^

that

although for most people, the religion thing isn't really relevant. romney's personal weirdness is.

and the reality is, if the president weren't back, they'd hold romney to the same 'he was for it before he was against it' standard they applied to kerry.. even though in this case it's actually a campaign strategy.

but there aren't big enough etch-a-sketches out there.

I gotta catch up!

no. you're right. but unlike the o/p and his friends, you still have brain cells.

Now what do you of all people know about brian cells? :razz:

Forum List

Back