One thing you gotta love about the tea party is their delightful sense of self-irony

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) on Wednesday suggested that if Republicans strike a deal to give acting Speaker Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) more powers, they “might as well be the Whigs” — the conservative political party from the 19th century.

Of course, 1860 wasn't a total failure. LOL

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) on Wednesday suggested that if Republicans strike a deal to give acting Speaker Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) more powers, they “might as well be the Whigs” — the conservative political party from the 19th century.

2009 called, it wants it's left wing insult of right wingers back.

I initially asked myself where the irony came in. Fighting for addressing the debt and feeling a bipartisan approach would be the wrong way to do that (and likely so) seems pretty common sense.

But then I have to remember that many arguing this are also backers of Trump who gave us 7.8 trillion in new debt with all sorts of give aways, so yeah, I will agree with the viewpoint here.

Last edited:

Tea party? Is that still a thing?

Forum List

Back