It's Quite the Long List...

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
of Republicans who haven't yet announced support of Trump, are wavering, or are #NeverTrump

Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ) endorsed Chris Christie for the nominee and has not commented on whether he’ll support Trump.

Rep. Christopher Smith (R-NJ) has not commented on whether he’ll support Trump. Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) once called Trump a “buffoon,” endorsed Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and then Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and has since not publicly commented on whether he’ll support the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) said in March that he would note vote for Trump, but has not commented on the race since he emerged as the likely GOP nominee.

Rep. Walter Jones Jr. (R-NC) told Fox News in December that Trump was his “second choice” if Rand Paul dropped out of the race. He hasn’t commented on the race since Trump became the nominee.

Rep. David Rouzer (R-NC) made an early call in December that Trump would be the nominee. He hasn’t publicly commented on whether he’ll endorse or vote for him.

Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC) met with Trump during his Capitol Hill visit but has not commented on whether or not he will support him.

Rep. Ted Poe (R-TX) has said Trump’s candidacy is “for real” but has not endorsed him publicly.

Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX) has not endorsed Trump publicly but said last year that as a prisoner of war, his comments mocking Sen. John McCain for being captured were a “slap in the face.”

Rep. John Culberson (R-TX) was Cruz’s first congressional endorsement for president, and has not publicly commented on whether he’d back Trump.

Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) offered no endorsement in the race thus far, but he has calledTrump’s proposal to ban Muslims from the U.S. “unconstitutional” and his border wall proposal “knee-jerk.”

Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-TX) has not publicly commented on his support for Trump.

Rep. Pete Olson (R-TX) has not publicly commented on his support for Trump.

Rep. Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) originally backed Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and said in April that Trump’s comments about women gave her pause. She has not hinted whether she will get behind Trump as nominee.

Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI) accused Trump of acting like an “8-year-old child’ and not being “a human being who I think we want to emulate” when he endorsed Cruz in March. He’s made no public comment on Trump since.

Rep. Bruce Boliquin (R-ME), who is engaged in a fiercely competitive race for his seat, has repeatedly refused to comment on his stance for Trump. In a closed-door meeting, he predictedTrump would win.

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) declined to talk about Trump when asked in May:

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) said he will wait to comment on the 2016 Republican race until a nominee is selected at the July convention.

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder (R) is focused on fixing Michigan’s problems, not the 2016 election, an aide said in May.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan has no plans to endorse anyone in the 2016 race, even after Trump became the last Republican standing.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is a former chair of the Republican Governors Association, but he's been quiet about the presumptive nominee since his candidate, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), dropped out of the race. In March, Haslam said Trump would need to make major policy changes to earn his support, citing his plan to ban Muslim immigration.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) dodged a question on whether he will support Trump about a week after he dropped out of the race:

Sen. Steve Daines (R-MT) refused to say whether he would support Trump when asked on Capitol Hill in May:

Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-TN) is not seeking reelection, has not spoken about Trump.

Rep. Martha Roby (R-AL) has not spoken out about Trump.

Robert Aderholt (R-AL) has not made his stance on Trump known.

Rep. Ander Crenshaw (R-FL) is retiring, endorsed Rubio and has not spoken on Trump.

Rep. Rich Nugent (R-FL) is retiring and has not weighed in on Trump.

Rep. Daniel Webster (R-FL) has not spoken out about Trump.

Rep. Hal Rogers (R-KY) has not spoken out on Trump.

Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-KY) has not spoken out on Trump.

Rep. Ed Barr (R-KY) has not spoken out on Trump.

Rep. Martha McSally (R-AZ) has not weighed in on Trump.

Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-MO) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Tom Graves (R-GA) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Rick W. Allen (R-GA) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Sam Graves (R-MO) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Don Young (R-AK)
has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Frank Lucas (R-OK)
has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Steve Russell (R-OK) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Rob Woodall (R-GA) has not publicly commented on supporting Trump as the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Austin Scott (R-GA)
once supported Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) for the presidency and called Trump a “con man,” but has not recently commented publicly on whether he would support Trump as the nominee.

Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) once called Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims “irresponsible” for the Republican Party, but has not recently commented publicly on whether he would support Trump as the nominee.

Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ) endorsed Cruz but has not spoken out on Trump.

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) endorsed Cruz but has not weighed in on Trump.

Rep. Trent Kelly (R-MS) has not spoken out about Trump and did not return at least one newspaper’s request for comment.

Sen. Steve Daines’ (R-MT) spokesperson told the Great Falls Tribune he would not vote for Clinton, but declined to lend support to Trump.

Rep. Christopher Gibson (R-NY) has questioned whether Trump has the temperament to be President but hasn’t said if he would support the presumptive nominee.

Rep. John Katko (R-NY) said in a statement to Syracuse.com that Trump still has to earn his vote and he isn’t ready to fall in line to support the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Bruce Westerman (R-AR) has not publicly commented on whether he will support Trump as the nominee.

Rep. Rick Crawford (R-AR) has not publicly commented on whether he will support Trump.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) backed Cruz and said he cannot yet endorse Trump.

Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO) has said he disagreed with Trump’s idea to build a wall between the United States and Mexico and said he had changed the election process.

Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) once endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for the presidency and said Republicans need to work with Trump if he’s the presumptive nominee. But, he fell short of saying he’d outright support Trump.

Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC) once said he could never support Trump, but said when he became the presumptive nominee that he thinks Republicans will rally behind Trump “sooner or later.”

Rep. Scott Tipton (R-CO) has not explicitly said he’ll support the nominee. Here’s what his campaign strategist, Michael Fortney, said:

Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) said Trump’s campaign was “polarizing and divisive.”

Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) didn’t say whether he would support the presumptive nominee.

Rep. Mark Walker (R-NC) said he cannot fully get behind Trump yet, but hopes to do so soon.

Sen. Daniel Coats (R-IN), a Rubio fan, has said he has “serious concerns” about Trump’s leadership and is waiting for him to become a more “responsible” candidate.

Rep. Luke Messer (R-IN), who endorsed Jeb Bush, has yet to endorse Trump but told the Indianapolis Star he expects to support him as the nominee.

Rep. Kay Granger (R-TX), who originally endorsed Jeb Bush, said in May that she could not yet get behind Trump.

Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-TX), chair of the House Armed Services Committee, has called Trump’s foreign policy “careless” and warned that he could “provoke war.” He declined to endorse Trump in May.

Rep. Bill Flores (R-TX) declined to endorse Trump but said he’ll probably still vote for him in November.

Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX) has played defense in a heated reelection race by distancing himself from Trump. He maintains that aid he’ll vote for Trump as long as he changes his rhetoric and offers clear national security proposals.

Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) said he will back Trump as long as he apologizes to Cruz for smearing him during the campaign.

Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE) said Trump has “not yet earned” his vote.

Sen. Mike Enzi (R-WY) declined to endorse Trump outright but said he could “do better than we’ve been doing” on balancing the federal budget.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) has pointed to the many policy differences he has with Trump as the reason he has yet to endorse him. He called his first meeting with Trump in May “positive” but declined to offer his full support afterwards.

Rep. Ryan Duffy (R-WI) originally backed Sen. Marco Rubio (R-TX), saying Trump “doesn’t have any ideas.” In May, he called Trump’s visit to the Hill a good first step at helping wary Republicans become familiar with the man and his policies.

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert said in early May that he was unsure whether he would support Trump.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) said she has always voted for the Republican nominee for president in the past, but wouldn't say whether she would support Trump.

Rep. David Jolly (R-FL) said he was unsure how he would vote in the general election if Trump was the nominee. Jolly had called on Trump to drop out of the race after he proposed a ban on Muslims from entering the country.

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) told Fox New's Neil Cavuto after Sen. Ted Cruz dropped out that hewouldn't commit to voting for Trump in the general election.

Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) was asked back in March whether he would support Trump and said, "If he's the nominee I certainly would." Two weeks later, however, his spokesman was more obtuse in a statement provided to NBC News:

Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT) has said he wants to wait until Trump officially earns the nomination. His spokesman, Lee Lonsberry said:

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) campaigned for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) in the 2016 election, but seemed to suggest he would support Trump as the nominee.

Rep. Mia Love (R-UT) said she was encouraged that Trump met with House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), but that she wasn’t yet ready to support the candidate.

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has been critical of Trump's rhetoric before, but her spokesman also said through a statement that she would not vote for Hillary Clinton and would like to hear more about Trump's plans:

Rep. Ann Wagner (R-MO) lambasted Trump’s comments on women, immigrants, veterans, and the Bush family. The former Republican National Committee Co-chair and US Ambassador to Luxembourg also criticized Trump for his lack of conservative principles, but said she could not support Clinton.

Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-VA) said Trump still needed to earn her support:

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) said Trump is not his first, second, third or fourth choice, but that he would “absolutely” not back Clinton.

Sen. Shelly Moore Capito (R-WV) is frustrated by the “brutal language” Trump uses and wants him to change his tone, though not his opinions. She said in May that she needs to meet with him to get specifics on how he’s going to “get America working” again before endorsing him.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), one of Trump's harshest critics in Congress, has said he can't support Trump until he drops his “violent rhetoric” and “nonsensical foreign policy positions.”

Rep. Gary Palmer (R-AL) has not come out with an endorsement but has said GOPersshould listen to Trump voters.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) has said Trump would need to apologize for his comments about Hispanic people before she could support him.
Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL) called him weak on policy but admires what Trump has done.

Rep. Brett Guthrie (R-KY) has not formally put his support towards Trump but said he hopes Trump focuses on unity.

Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA) said she is not sure who she will support but it won’t be Hillary Clinton.

#NeverTrump

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker told reporters that Trump's comments about women, Muslims and religious freedom rendered him unfit to be president.There are a number of issues that I disagree vehemently with Mr. Trump on, and I question whether he’s got the temperament to serve as president.

Some of the things he’s said about women, and about Muslims, and about religious freedom, I just can’t support.

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) said he wouldn't vote for Trump even if he was the party's nominee.

If Trump becomes the Republican nominee my expectation is that I'll look for some 3rd candidate – a conservative option, a Constitutionalist

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) reportedly said he couldn't support Trump because of his proposed ban on Muslims entering the U.S. and border wall between the United States and Mexico.

I can't see how I can if he continues to advocate those policies.

Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV) said that he would not vote for Trump because of his policies about women and "the Hispanic community," but that he is committed to "voting against Hillary Clinton."

I vehemently oppose our nominee and some of the comments and issues he brought up during the campaign.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) issued a statement on Friday saying that he will not back Trump, but that he also refuses to support Hillary Clinton:

Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) said in May that he cannot support Trump yet:

I have not supported Donald Trump up to this point, I have not endorsed him. ... I have some concerns with him. He scares me to death; so does Hillary Clinton. There is no easy choice right now.

Rep. Robert Dold (R-IL) said he won’t support Trump or Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton and would write a name on the ballot.

Whether it be Mr. Trump’s comments about women, his comments about Muslims, his comments about Latinos, for me it was very personal his comments about POW’s. As you know my uncle was the second one shot in the Vietnam War, and for me these comments altogether are not about uniting a country. It’s quite the opposite.

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-FL) has said he will not vote for Trump and may support a third-party, though some claim he said he may vote for Clinton. He said he can work with Trump though.

Whoever wins the next election, I’d be willing to work with, and I’d be willing to hold accountable.

Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY) who is retiring, said he’s been embarrassed by the rhetoric of the 2016 race and

Good thing those turds don't control who gets elected.

Forum List

Back