One thing I don't like about Facebook

After occasionally using Facebook to "keep in touch" with people, I stopped logging in to Facebook when I realized that the lives of people who think they know me really do not matter to me at all.

I realized that friends, family, and aquaintences are all full of useless information and drama that infects one's mind like dumping nuclear waste into a beautiful river.

I also realized how... Mundane... many of those people were. Why should I even think about them? What makes them worthy of being an active part of my life? Blood? Shared experiences? School? Work? "Friendship"?

I keep my account active in case I need to exploit someone for their uses, but that's about it.

Fuck Facebook.

You can pick your friends, not your family. I have no desire to share all that I do with my family. We were never close, anyway so....pfffffffffffft.

I have a sign on my front door that says "Friends Welcome. Family by Appointment Only". And I mean it.

I joined Facebook quite awhile ago. I entered just some basic info and go there sparingly. The purposes I use FB for are to see what's going on with old friends, sometimes my daughters post things on there that I like to see (like their millions of pictures of their kids). I have found people I often wonder what the hell happened to them as I lost touch with them, they are acquaintances. And some people were looking for me and I liked that for the most part. I have lived in quite a few places so catching up with people has been a huge benefit. And that's about it.
I'm probably on there 10-15 minutes a week.
Facebook is what you make of it yourself, it's that simple.

Use an alias. Set up a bogus account using an e-mail set up through Google, Yahoo, etc. Become friends with those you want to glean info from (relatives, co-workers, ) and set up a believable profile.

You need not divulge any "real" information about yourself. It's sorta sneaky, but a good way to use Facebook without all the intrusions into your private life

what is the purpose of setting up a bogus account if my family and relatives will still be on my friends list?

They won't be unless you add them

If you decide to join a certain group is posted for all your friends to see. Why does that have to be on display that I joined a certain group? For example i saw a friend of mine joined a BBW lovers group and that's his business. I didn't need to know what he likes and where he goes to find it

That's the only criticism I have about Facebook. Just wish that information can be private

BTW: I wish it was a such thing as "FamilyBook" lol I don't need my mom on the same list as my friends

It doesn't bother me, so...

If you decide to join a certain group is posted for all your friends to see. Why does that have to be on display that I joined a certain group? For example i saw a friend of mine joined a BBW lovers group and that's his business. I didn't need to know what he likes and where he goes to find it

That's the only criticism I have about Facebook. Just wish that information can be private

BTW: I wish it was a such thing as "FamilyBook" lol I don't need my mom on the same list as my friends

Aha! Why don't you want your mom on the same list as your friends?

I like Facebook. I have cousins, friends, sons, daughter, etc. I don't go to FB every day so I don't really keep up with what anyone is doing every single day.

I like Facebook. I have cousins, friends, sons, daughter, etc. I don't go to FB every day so I don't really keep up with what anyone is doing every single day.

She complains about my language. I use the F word a lot when talking about sports

She complains about my language. I use the F word a lot when talking about sports

Is that you Jason?

Just kidding.....I don't like the way my youngest son talks either, but he's toned it down some.

Is that you Jason?

Just kidding.....I don't like the way my youngest son talks either, but he's toned it down some.

Sports gets very emotional, especially the NFL. I told my mom don;t read the news feed on Mondays because I will be wild LOL

Is that you Jason?

Sports gets very emotional, especially the NFL. I told my mom don;t read the news feed on Mondays because I will be wild LOL

I unfriended my son for a while, but he's back on and like I said, he has toned it down.

Is that you Jason?

I unfriended my son for a while, but he's back on and like I said, he has toned it down.

He was using the F word too huh? lol

He was using the F word too huh? lol

Yes....and that's the way his friends would talk too. But, that was a couple of years back....he doesn't do that as much.

What is your point about not liking Facebook. You are on it but you don't like it?

I said the only thing I don't like about it is how it's on displayed what groups are part of.

Other than that, I love it

What is your point about not liking Facebook. You are on it but you don't like it?

I said the only thing I don't like about it is how it's on displayed what groups are part of.

Other than that, I love it

Sometimes I don't like people knowing what groups I am a member of either. But I know that they probably feel the same way.

Forum List

Back