One Story, Three Headlines

Ghost of a Rider

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2018
South Louisiana
I came across this story of an incident involving an MSNBC reporter doing a live report on the hurricane aftermath on the beach in Gulfport, Mississippi and some angry guy confronting them and the news crew. I didn't think much of it and saw other articles on the same story throughout the day. However, where other articles headlined simply that the reporter was accosted by some angry guy for some as yet unknown reason, Huffpost had to make it about race (the reporter is black and the angry guy is white). Their headline reads: "Angry White Guy Accosts Black MSNBC Reporter During Hurricane Ida Segment".

Below are the links to the articles from NBC News, Deadline and Huffpost, respectively.

NBC News headline: Man Confronts NBC News Correspondent Shaquille Brewster On Live TV During Ida Coverage

Man confronts NBC News' Shaquille Brewster on live TV during Ida coverage

Deadline headline: NBC News Correspondent Accosted On Air During Live Shot of Hurricane Ida Aftermath

Search

Huffpost: Angry White Guy Accosts Black MSNBC Reporter During Hurricane Ida Segment

The incident had nothing to do with race, the guy was simply telling them to "report accurately", whatever he meant by that.

I've always known Huffpost was a liberal rag but Jesus, what a bunch of race hustling pimps.

Perhaps the reporter was acting.

One time in Tampa I was watching a local reporter reporting on a tropical storm. He was standing on the beach and looked like he was really having a hard time remaining upright in the wind.

In the background a couple walked by holding hands and having no problem with the wind at all.

Here’s another example of a reporter acting during a storm.

Forum List

Back