One Reason why "Urban" Education fails Blacks

So in the end they screw themselves. If you don’t have the ability to read and do math your chances of getting a good job are greatly reduced especially in a nation that sends jobs to China.
I witnessed it firsthand going to a black high school and in the military when they wanted to learn an MOS in technical fields yet failed algebraic formulas.

Where is the groundswell of Black parents saying, "This is harming my child, who wants to learn!"? "Get them the hell out of the classroom."
Everyone knows the brutal (and hurtful) truth about majority-African American public schools.

A certain politician from Delaware once described those schools as a [you know the word].

No doubt many African American parents want to demand strict discipline in their schools, but they have to go along in order to get along. They do not want the activists to label them as Uncle [you know the word].

Here in Los Angeles, there is a movie theater owned by an African American athlete. Some activists were very angry with him because he said something like this: "If you want to enter my theater, you WILL behave yourself -- or you will be removed!"

Many people want to know why, oh why, does such a large proportion of African American young people act so, uh, unpleasantly.

The woke Dems assure us that it is due to the heritage of slavery.

Other people believe that there may be another reason.

I witnessed it firsthand going to a black high school and in the military when they wanted to learn an MOS in technical fields yet failed algebraic formulas.
Perhaps they felt they would never have any reason to solve an algebraic formula outside of school so they didn’t learn how to.

I used algebra in the Air Force and in my career afterward.

I am unwilling to research my source (again), but I recently read the findings of a study that concluded that the presence of a father (figure) in the home is the most significant determinant of behavioral "issues" among Black yoots. It is not single parenthood per se that is the driver of truancy, anti-social behavior, petty criminality, substance abuse, and so on. When the single parent is a [cis-gender] MAN, those social plagues basically vanish, and the "outcomes" are essentially the same as for two-parent homes. And Black children brought up in two-parent homes have essentially the same prospects for success - however measured - as for "white" children in the same economic stratum.

It may be that rampant bastardy was an un-intended consequence of Johnson's Great Society programs, but the facts are what they are. Those programs INCENTIVIZED single parenthood, and the Black community has never recovered.

If those kids in the Pittsburgh Public Schools (see link) were supported by two parents, the behavior problems would become manageable indeed. As they are in predominantly "white" schools. And for the record, racism is not the driving force causing Black women to procreate without benefit of a husband.

I am unwilling to research my source (again), but I recently read the findings of a study that concluded that the presence of a father (figure) in the home is the most significant determinant of behavioral "issues" among Black yoots. It is not single parenthood per se that is the driver of truancy, anti-social behavior, petty criminality, substance abuse, and so on. When the single parent is a [cis-gender] MAN, those social plagues basically vanish, and the "outcomes" are essentially the same as for two-parent homes. And Black children brought up in two-parent homes have essentially the same prospects for success - however measured - as for "white" children in the same economic stratum.

It may be that rampant bastardy was an un-intended consequence of Johnson's Great Society programs, but the facts are what they are. Those programs INCENTIVIZED single parenthood, and the Black community has never recovered.

If those kids in the Pittsburgh Public Schools (see link) were supported by two parents, the behavior problems would become manageable indeed. As they are in predominantly "white" schools. And for the record, racism is not the driving force causing Black women to procreate without benefit of a husband.

This is in theory maybe true

But in practice the number one predictor of major violent crime in a community is single fatherhood. Because if your daddy is taking care of you alone shit has gone to hell and you're fucked. If that's happening at an elevated rate in your community it's probably a warzone. Maybe not be causation, but there is a HUGE correlation there.

Blacks have been trained and encouraged for generations to believe that they are "victims." Their own 'leaders', white bleeding hearts, and the entire democratic party constantly reinforced this belief.

How can blacks learn to behave like civilized adults when they are bombarded with never-ending excuses for their failures? After all, they're taught that the world is against them: whitey oppresses them, police hate them. If they throw a stinky fart, it's whitey's fault.

They can riot, loot, commit hideous crimes, and act like imbeciles because, when all is said and done, they will never be held to account for their animalistic behavior. Excuses will ALWAYS be made for them. Whitey made them do it. Micro-aggressions, white supremacy.

Then there's the matter of a criminal culture that they seem to embrace. And an 85 IQ is said to be the average, for blacks - and observing their behavior, it's easy to believe that number is true.

Only blacks can improve their future. But, does anyone really believe they're capable of changing their thinking and behavior?

So why should they educate themselves? That would require hard work. Why exert themselves when they are provided with endless excuses for becoming total failures.

Last edited:
Perhaps they felt they would never have any reason to solve an algebraic formula outside of school so they didn’t learn how to.

I used algebra in the Air Force and in my career afterward.
When I was in EOD school I told an instructor that I had a mental block with higher math. He looked at me funny and said "you do realize that you are doing trigonometry right now don't you" I felt pretty stupid. Apparently I had a mental block about thinking about doing higher math, not about doing it. I blame it all on new math.

Forum List

Back