One of New York state's most powerful Democrats- CONVICTED

Hypocritical busting a politician for bribery when bribery was legalized a long time ago. All this is is he did it wrong. :)
Yep, that's essentially what we have.

A huge, open air, ongoing, public and perfectly legal bribery scam.

And no one seems to care about that.
dems openly bribe the nation with other peoples money are don't get perp walked off the stage.
I'm referring to the politicians themselves being bribed, and it happens plenty in both "major" parties.
oh yea, obviously. There was some quote along the lines of; 'why take real bribes when there's so many legal ones.'

I just thought it was funny how openly dems bribe people for votes

I don't know whether it's our political system, or the rules within it, or the people who choose to go into politics.

Maybe some combination therein.

But for the life of me, I can't understand why so many put so much faith and trust in these people.

New York's State level government is set up for corruption. basically the governor, the leader of the Assembly, and the leader of the Senate form a troika. Nothing happens if one of them doesn't like something.

Democrats are bad ju ju

-Geaux
------------------------------

Sheldon Silver, one of New York state's most powerful politicians for two decades, was convicted on Monday of abusing his office to collect as much as $4 million in illegal bribes and kickbacks.

A federal jury in Manhattan found Silver, 71, guilty of all seven counts he faced, including fraud, extortion and money laundering, following a three-week trial.

The verdict caps a stunning fall for Silver, a Democrat who as speaker of the New York State Assembly enjoyed immense political influence before his arrest in January.

Powerful New York legislator Silver convicted in bribery case
no big deal, all he needs is a funky rob a fly hat and a conversion to islam and he's all good and back in ofc next cycle

even if he's in jail

What in the fuck is "a funky rob a fly hat"?

Shelley Silver is an 80-year old orthodox Jew. Why would he convert to Islam?
:lol:

I went to bed shortly after these posts

a funky robe, a fly hat

It was a reference to the Mayor of DC that got sent to jail for smoking crack with a whore

Democrats are bad ju ju

-Geaux

Sheldon Silver, one of New York state's most powerful politicians for two decades, was convicted on Monday of abusing his office to collect as much as $4 million in illegal bribes and kickbacks.

A federal jury in Manhattan found Silver, 71, guilty of all seven counts he faced, including fraud, extortion and money laundering, following a three-week trial.

The verdict caps a stunning fall for Silver, a Democrat who as speaker of the New York State Assembly enjoyed immense political influence before his arrest in January.

Guess who's laughing now. Sheldon Silver’s 2015 Corruption Conviction Is Overturned

He's guilty. The retrial will prove that. The only ones laughing are his lawyers - they get to milk him twice.

Democrats are bad ju ju

-Geaux

Always pleased to see a corrupt politician get his due- Republican or Democrat.

Forum List

Back