One has to really appreciate how terrible Trump's response to the Nazi attack was

Is it the President's job now to respond to every local story?

I wish my life was so empty that I had time to worry about the President's response to every story.

Here's the real thing. Unlike the idiot that held the office before him, Trump is smart enough to know better than to open his mouth before knowing the facts.

You, me, and EVERYONE else knows full well that no matter what Trump said or when he said it, it would be criticized by the left and its lapdog media.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Seriously? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Don't strain your feeble brain there retard.

Why did it take him two days to make that statement but about 6 minutes to bash the CEO of Merck?

The DOJ was weighing in, the situation was being investigated, and all the facts were being gathered. Unlike Obama, who like to rattle off opinions and judgments - often wrong - without facts, Trump waited until after he talked to Sessions, his US AG.

That's not the REAL issue here, though.

Liberal media rags raced to either attack Trump for not condemning the racist hate groups or tried to tie them to those groups. After Trump came out with the above, clear condemnation of these groups and their actions, Democrats were left being wrong in their reporting about Trump's refusal to condemn these groups and quickly changed the story to 'Trump Too Slow In Condemnation'.

In all honesty, which the left will never admit, this was another opportunity for the Left to attack Trump, deserved or not, and the Left is using EVERY opportunity to do so it gets. Much of the outcry against Trump is politically based, a continuance of the 'war' the Left has waged against Trump since even before the election.

President Trump made it clear:

"Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis and white supremacists. "To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered..."

After this horrific event, Trump's words were actually an opportunity for the nation to come together as a whole to unify in condemnation of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and any and all other racist / hate groups that do not represent this nation.

Instead of emphasizing Trump's words and helping to solidify that moment / opportunity, the media sought to target and attack Trump, seeking to further divide this nation rather than use it as a moment to unite it.

The CEO, IMO, also made the wrong decision. That is my decision - you don't have to agree with it. I disagree with Trump bashing him, though. He could have made a more professional statement, 'expressing his disappointment' in his decision rather than attacking him.

Is it the President's job now to respond to every local story?

I wish my life was so empty that I had time to worry about the President's response to every story.

Here's the real thing. Unlike the idiot that held the office before him, Trump is smart enough to know better than to open his mouth before knowing the facts.

You, me, and EVERYONE else knows full well that no matter what Trump said or when he said it, it would be criticized by the left and its lapdog media.

I don't care if Trump or any President makes a statement on a local matters. I assume I know his thoughts and don't need him to express them.

It used to drive me crazy every time Obama opened his mouth on every news story.

I used to think "don't care. Don't you (Obama) have something better to do?"

On the one hand, it took him two days to pretend to condemn racism which inevitably disappointed everyone who wasn't a racist. I think the initial refusal to do this was in large part because he desperately didn't want to lose any of his white supremacist support.

However, he did end up pretending to condemn the racism after the backlash from both republicans and democrats. From there, his support from those nazis has now likely been eroded. For everyone else, the condemnation was too little too late.

In other words, by Trump being a coward in trying to please everyone, he ended up just pissing off everyone instead.
Trump has been universally condemned for his response so that's a good thing. Charles Krauthammer on Fox News gave a epic put down of trump yesterday and how he shirked his responsibility. Of course the Fox host tried to quickly change the subject. . Lol

Why did it take him two days to make that statement but about 6 minutes to bash the CEO of Merck?

The DOJ was weighing in, the situation was being investigated, and all the facts were being gathered. Unlike Obama, who like to rattle off opinions and judgments - often wrong - without facts, Trump waited until after he talked to Sessions, his US AG.

That's not the REAL issue here, though.

Liberal media rags raced to either attack Trump for not condemning the racist hate groups or tried to tie them to those groups. After Trump came out with the above, clear condemnation of these groups and their actions, Democrats were left being wrong in their reporting about Trump's refusal to condemn these groups and quickly changed the story to 'Trump Too Slow In Condemnation'.

In all honesty, which the left will never admit, this was another opportunity for the Left to attack Trump, deserved or not, and the Left is using EVERY opportunity to do so it gets. Much of the outcry against Trump is politically based, a continuance of the 'war' the Left has waged against Trump since even before the election.

President Trump made it clear:

"Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis and white supremacists. "To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered..."

After this horrific event, Trump's words were actually an opportunity for the nation to come together as a whole to unify in condemnation of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and any and all other racist / hate groups that do not represent this nation.

Instead of emphasizing Trump's words and helping to solidify that moment / opportunity, the media sought to target and attack Trump, seeking to further divide this nation rather than use it as a moment to unite it.

The CEO, IMO, also made the wrong decision. That is my decision - you don't have to agree with it. I disagree with Trump bashing him, though. He could have made a more professional statement, 'expressing his disappointment' in his decision rather than attacking him.
So Trump had to wait to talk to his racist AG to discuss the right wing racists?
You're hilariously stupid.

On the one hand, it took him two days to pretend to condemn racism which inevitably disappointed everyone who wasn't a racist. I think the initial refusal to do this was in large part because he desperately didn't want to lose any of his white supremacist support.

However, he did end up pretending to condemn the racism after the backlash from both republicans and democrats. From there, his support from those nazis has now likely been eroded. For everyone else, the condemnation was too little too late.

In other words, by Trump being a coward in trying to please everyone, he ended up just pissing off everyone instead.

Uh....No. His response was superb and correct. It is the intolerant Left who hs the wrong response.

Trump said that it came from "Many sides" and he is 100% correct. Unlike you and the radical Left, I realize that whites AND blacks / the Right AND the Left can be racist. The vast majority of haters on the non-licensed side of the protests were intolerant radical leftist (if not paid) haters. Even neo-nazis have the right to protected free speech and demonstrations. That is a CONSTITUTIONAL right. BLM and Antifa have the same rights....to PEACEFUL demonstrations.

The US Constitution protects EVERYONE's right to voice their opinions and feelings. As long as it is not coupled to threats of violence etc.

The difference is the Alt-Right has not yet come out in mass to interfere with Alt-Left protests and cause problems.
But if the Alt-Left continues, I hope they do.

Racism and hatred are not patented by the right or Alt-right. The Left AND Alt-Left are equally hateful and violent.

LMAO! He can't shake it. Fighting with the press.
"Before I make a statement I like to know the facts".
Really? Like when he knee-jerked on Twitter that Obama wire 'tapped' him?
Like when he said in 2011 that Obama was born in Kenya then he said in 2016 that he was born in America?

Trump's Lies (because he doesn't CARE about the facts)
President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

Ah... the NYT. You people never learn. smh

Take a look at the list. Don't be a coward like Trump.
And find one fucking thing in that list that is wrong.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Trump would have a lawsuit against the NYT if that list is wrong.
YOU can't and won't learn. You're a coward.

Here, at random. Run with it, chicken.
FEB. 7 “And yet the murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? Forty-seven years.” (It was higher in the 1980s and '90s.)

Trump claims he doesn't know who the alt right is..
unbelievable.

He's still pushing " blame on both sides."

He needs to cozey up to his neonazi base..

This is the last thing this lazy POS would want to be doing right now.
Lol

unbelievable.

Lol

I can honestly say I never heard the term prior to this election.

FEB. 7 “And yet the murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? Forty-seven years.” (It was higher in the 1980s and '90s.)
It's an opinion piece from the NYT. I'm not wasting any time reading that BS.

unbelievable.

Lol

Yup. Can't believe he's actually taking questions from the "fake news". There's never any presidential candidate in the history of this country that has gotten so much free air time and ink and yet he whines like a little girl.

Check with Alex Jones first.
Since NYT is written above a 5th grade level I can understand your reluctance to read it..

So you don't think that sample is a direct quote? I remember him saying it.
You're chicken, like I said. Squawk!

Forum List

Back