On Social Security, Vote for asswipe?

From the guy that had an ineffectual response to the corona virus, now this;

Which that alone should tell you something.

You should be able to learn from this.

Why would an economic down turn, have any effect on retirement?

For example, my parents have a net worth over a million dollars.
Yes, the stock market dropping has reduced their net worth by a few thousand. But has that prevented them from collecting on the investments that they own? No.

Why? Because they own those investments. Dividends are still being paid.

Nothing the economy, or Donald Trump, nor Obama before him, can do stops them from having their retirement.

But social security is different. Social Security like any socialized, ponzi scheme, only works if people are working to pay into the system. The system itself has no money, and no assets. If no one pays in, it is instantly broke.

My parents bank accounts that have hundreds of thousands.... no one needs to pay in. My parents retirement isn't dependent on anyone, or government. They purchased assets, they get returns, and they own it.

Social Security is a horrible system, and even while you complain about Trump, you are merely proving how bad Social Security is.

Yes, the stock market dropping has reduced their net worth by a few thousand. But has that prevented them from collecting on the investments that they own? No.

Nothing the economy, or Donald Trump, nor Obama before him, can do stops them from having their retirement.

But social security is different. Social Security like any socialized, ponzi scheme, only works if people are working to pay into the system. The system itself has no money, and no assets. If no one pays in, it is instantly broke.

My parents bank accounts that have hundreds of thousands.... no one needs to pay in. My parents retirement isn't dependent on anyone, or government. They purchased assets, they get returns, and they own it.

Social Security is a horrible system, and even while you complain about Trump, you are merely proving how bad Social Security is.

If your parents are collecting Social Security, they are collecting at minimum $2,500.00 per month from the "horrible system."

My former father in law who has moderate investments in the market lost $59,000.00 since my all-out call right here on the USMB in February, so your "couple thousand" for your parents loss may be well off, which is the shame called asswipe.

Now that people hoard toilet paper, the word "asswipe" doesnt have the negative connotations it once did.

How are toilet paper hoarders different than capital horders and who is more detriment to society at large?

Capital hoarders? You realize that every single capital investment, benefits society...... right? Name one that doesn't?

Corporate buybacks which artificially raise the price of stock.

And, blast from the past......

Now that people hoard toilet paper, the word "asswipe" doesnt have the negative connotations it once did.

How are toilet paper hoarders different than capital horders and who is more detriment to society at large?

Capital hoarders? You realize that every single capital investment, benefits society...... right? Name one that doesn't?

Artificially? LOL!

Artificially? LOL!

Yes

The house of cards nature of it all is being laid bare and they still try to deny it, just like they denied the pandemic was coming so they could raid the frail grasp of any hope of financial security the 401K working class had left. This is simply how our system has worked over the past half century beginning in the early 1970's. I invite everyone to review the Powell Memorandum and the Trilateral Commission publication "A Crisis of Democracy".

All that money working people handed over to war profiteers, military contractors, arms dealers, mercenaries and the captains of capital to impose a military presence in 70% of the nations on the planet while supporting 73 % of the world's dictatorships to manage the resources and societies of others; how's that working out? Blowback works in mysterious ways.

Artificially? LOL!

Yes

Yes

Why is a purchase artificial?

And you strike out AGAIN! Don't you ever get tired of starting lame threads and making inane posts? Better luck next time, Sluggo.

They were trying to blame Trump for this again huh?

And you strike out AGAIN! Don't you ever get tired of starting lame threads and making inane posts? Better luck next time, Sluggo.

They were trying to blame Trump for this again huh?
You bet.

I don’t know that Trump will cut the Social Security COLA. He would probably not want that, politically speaking. But we can all be sure that another two or three trillion dollar bailout by Congress and four or five billion from the Fed will have negative consequences down the road, as it will encourage more moral hazard super leveraged private Hedge Fund speculation, more fiat money Fed creation, more government deficits, a worse balance of trade, and — ultimately — a lowering of the standard of living of working people.

it’s a sophisticated but well tested game enriching a financial oligarchy and bailing out even the most incompetent corporate managers (like Boeing). Such firms and the highly leveraged Hedge Funds should go bankrupt. Credit rates and free money to “special dealers” working with the Fed is now about zero, and the collateral demanded is a joke. Meanwhile for common people and thrifty savers bank interest and CDs will fall further behind the rate of inflation, so they and pension funds will be driven to more speculative investments, which has been happening since 2009. The stock market may recover fully (but probably not). But then new crashes become inevitable ... until the dollar becomes a laughing stock and loses its “secure haven” reputation. Then, or earlier, we may get real inflation like under Carter, and recession, which will help lighten unpayable debts but devastate workers, just as we will probably suffer long term high unemployment from this time on. The pyramid is upside down.

Last edited:

Artificially? LOL!

Yes

Yes

No connection to producing anything at all.

I don’t know that Trump will cut the Social Security COLA. He would probably not want that, politically speaking. But we can all be sure that another two or three trillion dollar bailout by Congress and the Fed will have negative consequences down the road, as it will encourage more moral hazard super leveraged private Hedge Fund speculation, more fiat money Fed creation, more government deficits, a worse balance of trade, and — ultimately — a lowering of the standard of living of working people.

it’s a sophisticated but well tested game enriching a financial oligarchy and bailing out even the most incompetent corporate managers (like Boeing). Such firms and the highly leveraged Hedge Funds should go bankrupt. Credit rates and free money to “special dealers” working with the Fed is now about zero, and the collateral demanded is a joke. Meanwhile for common people and thrifty savers bank interest and CDs will fall further behind the rate of inflation, so they and pension funds will be driven to more speculative investments, which has been happening since 2009. The stock market may recover fully (but probably not). But then new crashes become inevitable ... until the dollar becomes a laughing stock and loses its “secure haven” reputation. Then, or earlier, we may get real inflation like under Carter, and recession, which will help lighten unpayable debts but devastate workers, just as we will probably suffer long term high unemployment from this time on. The pyramid is upside down.
The power structure will never relent on going after SS and Medicare.

Artificially? LOL!

Yes

Yes

No connection to producing anything at all.
Same as any other stock purchase. So what?

The house of cards nature of it all is being laid bare and they still try to deny it, just like they denied the pandemic was coming so they could raid the frail grasp of any hope of financial security the 401K working class had left. This is simply how our system has worked over the past half century beginning in the early 1970's. I invite everyone to review the Powell Memorandum and the Trilateral Commission publication "A Crisis of Democracy".

All that money working people handed over to war profiteers, military contractors, arms dealers, mercenaries and the captains of capital to impose a military presence in 70% of the nations on the planet while supporting 73 % of the world's dictatorships to manage the resources and societies of others; how's that working out? Blowback works in mysterious ways.

You know that housing prices go up and down routinely every single year.

If you were to measure the value of your property month to month, it would go up and down all the time. If 6 homes in your are come up for sale at the same time, or if a house a repo'd and sold off, the value in your area would decline.

You know why no one freaks out about it? Because no one knows, and you don't lose money unless you sell.

No one has lost their 401K unless they were stupid enough to sell off their 401K. I haven't lost a penny. Not a dime. In all my accounts, I have the same number of stocks or more, as I did back in December.

In fact, I just last night, purchased a hundred stocks, because they are all so cheap.

And when the market bounces back, and it will, my 401K will be worth 1/3 more than it is today.

No one is trying to "raid hope" or whatever idiotic crap you were spewing up there. Stop being a toddler.

And what are you talking about war profiteers and crap? What are you smoking?

Are there people who make money on war? Sure. So what? Are you suggesting that somehow the companies are forcing Russia to invade Ukraine? If not, then what is your point? Of course you have no point.

I don’t know that Trump will cut the Social Security COLA. He would probably not want that, politically speaking. But we can all be sure that another two or three trillion dollar bailout by Congress and the Fed will have negative consequences down the road, as it will encourage more moral hazard super leveraged private Hedge Fund speculation, more fiat money Fed creation, more government deficits, a worse balance of trade, and — ultimately — a lowering of the standard of living of working people.

The power structure will never relent on going after SS and Medicare.

Social Security and Medicare are not sustainable. That's not because of a power structure. That's because of "Math". If you graduated from high school, you should know that the biggest enemies of SS and Medicare, is Math.

This is why the left-wing is the ideology of toddlers. Only a toddler looks at the budget, looks at the lack of money, looks at unfunded liabilities, and then just screams "I want it!".
Time to grow up. Your system doesn't work.

If your parents are collecting Social Security, they are collecting at minimum $2,500.00 per month from the "horrible system."

My former father in law who has moderate investments in the market lost $59,000.00 since my all-out call right here on the USMB in February, so your "couple thousand" for your parents loss may be well off, which is the shame called asswipe.

My parents own free and clear, about $1.2 Million dollars worth of property. This includes their primary residence, and their Lake House on lake Erie, and some land.

Additionally, my father spent his entire life investing carefully, not in Social Security, but into a 401K in good stock mutual funds. Even now, with the market down, his investments are just under a million.

Additionally, my parents were public school teachers, and as a result they had access to something better than Social Security, namely the state teachers retirement system of Ohio. I worked at STRS.

As an employee, I saw exactly what STRS invested into.... growth stock mutual funds.

That's why every time you have said in this thread or others, something complaining about shareholders, I have said "we are the shareholders".... because... we are the shareholders.

As it relates to Social Security, a minimum of $2,500 per month? Where are you getting that?
The program's annual cost-of-living raise is on the teensy side for 2020 — just 1.6% — and it will leave seniors with an average benefit of $1,503 per month, or $18,036 for the full year.

The average check for SS, is just $1,500. That is the "average". Meaning 50% of those on Social Security, are collecting less than that.

The only "Minimum" I know of, is really low.
Those who worked at very low-wage jobs all of their lives were the recipients of the Special Minimum Benefit, which capped at $848.80 per month, or $10,185.60 annually, in 2018 for someone who worked 30 years.

There are people on Social Security that are collecting under $900 a month.

In comparison, the minimum wage here in Ohio, is $8.70. Working at Wendy's, you can make $18,000 a year..... to start. If you actually work full time, and longer than 6 months, you'll get a raise.

Which means that nearly every single full time employee at Wendy's, is earning more money than 50% of all the people on Social Security.

Social Security sucks. It is the worst, most terrible system of government imposed impoverishment to have ever been created in the history of mankind. And anyone who supports this poverty creating system, is simply a person who enjoys abusing their fellow man. Terrible, and immoral, in every way.

And if all this wasn't enough to prove how much Social Security sucks, let's add in the fact, that despite getting massive amounts of money, and paying out diddly crap.... it's also going broke. Even with how tiny the payments from Social Security are, it's going broke. Even though 50% of the people on Social Security are collecting less than a full time Wendy's employee... it's going broke.

There is nothing good about Social Security. Nothing. Terrible program.

I would suspect, that posting that article from the past, today, would be about as much proof as anyone would need, that the article was complete and total crap.

I mean.... that should be brilliantly obvious by looking at any direction possible.

Are you suggesting that capital investment was failing in 1992? It's now 2020. Do we have more, or less, capital investment today, compared to 1992?

Of course the answer is more, by a thousand order of magnitude.

I mean obviously, even with price adjusted dollars, in 1992, the DOW closed on Apr 1st, at $3,300. We are now, even with the market down 1/3, at $20,000. Again, that's price adjusted.

The standard of living today, is clearly higher than the standard of living in 1992.

By any possible measure, capital investment and economic growth has continued.

And are you suggesting there were no corporate stock buy backs in the 1990s? Of course there were.

Forum List

Back