On April 3, 1974, an F5 category tornado struck Xenia, Ohio. The tornado that struck Xenia was just one of at least 148 tornados

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Xenia Tornado of 1974 - Ohio History Central
On April 3, 1974, an F5 category tornado struck Xenia, Ohio. The tornado that struck Xenia was just one of at least 148 tornados that occurred in the South and Midwest in a twenty-four period. This was the worst outbreak of tornados recorded in the twentieth century.
The tornado that struck Xenia had maximum winds of three hundred miles per hour. It destroyed more than one thousand homes and businesses. Hardly any buildings remained standing in Xenia's downtown. Thirty-three people died in the storm, with approximately another 1,150 people injured. President Richard Nixon visited Xenia a week following the tornado. He stated, "It's the worst disaster I've ever seen."
When the dust settles and they finally have a body count of those that died on Joe Biden's watch, i want you to remember what happened in Xenia Ohio where events like this arent as rare as they are going to say. It isnt Global Warming, but just Mother Nature at her worst.

Xenia Tornado of 1974 - Ohio History Central

When the dust settles and they finally have a body count of those that died on Joe Biden's watch, i want you to remember what happened in Xenia Ohio where events like this arent as rare as they are going to say. It isnt Global Warming, but just Mother Nature at her worst.
Seriously. :) You're just as bad as the person who started a thread this morning attributing the tornadoes in the red states to God's wrath.

Interesting story. My freshman year in college, I had someone in my dorm who was born and grew up in Xenia. One night as we were consuming beverages which at the time we were not old enough to have consumed, I started talking about my weather nerdiness in a large group of underaged persons and the talk went to where we were all from. This guy piped up that he grew up in Xenia, OH. I immediately turned to him and asked him, "Do you remember that day?". He knew instantly what I was talking about and that I understood what went on. We didn't go into detail (because it was a complete buzzkill) but he later told me in private. It was horrible. An F5 vacuum cleaner. If you were above ground, you didn't survive. Xenia was also hit years later (2000) by another twister.

Forum List

Back