Omicron Variant Might Help Defend Against Delta, Lab Study Suggests

People who have recovered from an infection with the new Omicron coronavirus variant may be able to fend off later infections from the Delta variant, according to a new laboratory study carried out by South African scientists.

The researchers found, unsurprisingly, that the patients’ blood contained a high level of antibodies potent against Omicron. But those antibodies proved effective against Delta, too.

This was particularly surprising because the team’s study from earlier this month showed that the converse was not true: Antibodies produced after a Delta infection offered little protection against Omicron.

COVID kills 1 out of 412 people. Omicron doesn't seem to kill as many.

At least one study has shown that Omicron antibodies act as a vaccine against the more lethal COVID varieties.

We still don't know exactly what's going on, only that Omicron spreads a lot faster.

Let's hope Omicron acts as a good vaccine and isn't as lethal.

Since my wife and I just got over Ominicron that is great news to hear.

The CDC called and said your number were wrong. 75% of Wuhan Flu deaths had 4 comorbidities. It all ends Feb 3rd, cuz Biden needs a pick me up so the CDC ordered hospitals not to report Fauxi Wuhan flu deaths

Correction, 75% of FULLY VACCINATED covid deaths occurred in those with at least 4 risk factors. That is what the CDC has stated. The misinformation parade marches on. It is also now feb 14 and deaths are skyrocketing from the unvaccinated. You are dumb, very very dumb.

Since my wife and I just got over Ominicron that is great news to hear.

Yes, you're covered from delta if you got vaccinated and you got omicron, assuming your body reacted ideally to the virus to produce the necessary antibodies. Sometimes a natural infection doesn't quite meet the requirements. Not sure it matters though since omicron is now making up over 99% of new cases.

Correction, 75% of FULLY VACCINATED covid deaths occurred in those with at least 4 risk factors. That is what the CDC has stated. The misinformation parade marches on. It is also now feb 14 and deaths are skyrocketing from the unvaccinated. You are dumb, very very dumb.
Did you get you weekly jab?

Check the CDC Website, the chart of Fauxi Wuhan bioweapon cases looks like the CNN viewership chart.. The deaths are at the 0 line

Last edited:

Forum List

Back