OMFG Can you believe the LIBYANS???

william_ayers.jpg

''I don't regret setting bombs, I feel we didn't do enough.'' William Ayers, Sept 11, 2001
Lying's a sin, Frances.

You've gotten so bitter you can even be thankful for a bit of good news.

What good news? The fact a few protesters took to the streets? Hip hip hooray.

I'm glad they are standing up for what's right. Will the movement grow or will they be taken down by the insurgents?? Time will tell.

Lying's a sin, Frances.

You've gotten so bitter you can even be thankful for a bit of good news.

What good news? The fact a few protesters took to the streets? Hip hip hooray.

I'm glad they are standing up for what's right. Will the movement grow or will they be taken down by the insurgents?? Time will tell.

I think the one's with the most guns usually have most say, unfortunately. I don't see any reason to be optimistic about Libya, right now.

Make sure you post the picture again. Every time you do, the Republican Party loses another voter.

So, post early and often. ;)

Better than leaving Obama and the Dems in change and losing any more Ambassadors

:cool:

I always knew that you were a DNC plant. But trust me, I won't tell. Your secret is safe with me. :eusa_angel:

You might want to think about getting some original material.

If I charged people 5 cents every time I found them copying me I have almost 2 bucks by now

Libyans hold giant march demanding militias disband in wake of attack on US consulate - The Washington Post

And some idiots here wanted to bomb them. This is an encouraging sign that some Middle Eastern countries actually want to become moderate.

there seems to be a battle in countries like libya between the moderate normal people and the rightwingnut religious fundies who believe in blowing up stuff they don't like.

oh wait....
And the CIA that backs them.

Oh wait....

the CIA backs terrorists?

alrighty then....

there seems to be a battle in countries like libya between the moderate normal people and the rightwingnut religious fundies who believe in blowing up stuff they don't like.

oh wait....

Oh wait....

Lol Jiliian is such an idiot

i hate to break the news to you, chachi, only losers thing that.

but it's ok.

you're true to form.

your entertainment value is high, though.

Oh wait....

but it's ok.

you're true to form.

The CIA backed those exact people known as the "rebels" in east Libya and armed them.

Also a lot of people don't like you on this thread lmao. I didn't say I didn't like you. I said you're an idiot

Last edited:

but it's ok.

you're true to form.

The CIA backed those exact people known as the "rebels" in east Libya and armed them.

Also a lot of people don't like you on this thread lmao. I didn't say I didn't like you. I said you're an idiot

a lot of people are stupid and i don't like stupid... so we're even.

as for me being an idiot... eh.. not so much.

on a personal level i don't really have an opinion of you... just on a political level. :)

and i've never seen you be correct about any issue.

but it's ok.

you're true to form.

a lot of people are stupid and i don't like stupid... so we're even.

as for me being an idiot... eh.. not so much.

on a personal level i don't really have an opinion of you... just on a political level. :)

and i've never seen you be correct about any issue.

I defended you all over that thread. :) and look what I always get. It's because me and you disagree on the Palestinian Israeli conflict :cool:

Libyans hold giant march demanding militias disband in wake of attack on US consulate - The Washington Post

BENGHAZI, Libya — Around 30,000 Libyans marched through the eastern city of Benghazi on Friday in an unprecedented protest to demand the disbanding of powerful militias in the wake of last week’s attack that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, in which at least one militia is suspected of participating, has sparked a backlash among many Libyans against the multiple armed factions that have run rampant for months in cities around the country. The militias have become more powerful than the regular security forces, and successive governments since last year’s fall of Moammar Gadhafi have been unable to rein them in.

Other signs mourned the killing of U.S. Amb. Chris Stevens, reading, “The ambassador was Libya’s friend” and “Libya lost a friend.”

And some idiots here wanted to bomb them. This is an encouraging sign that some Middle Eastern countries actually want to become moderate.
i heard MANY Libyans thought this guy really cared about them....and was a REAL friend to them.....and was very well liked....

BENGHAZI, Libya — Around 30,000 Libyans marched through the eastern city of Benghazi on Friday in an unprecedented protest to demand the disbanding of powerful militias in the wake of last week’s attack that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, in which at least one militia is suspected of participating, has sparked a backlash among many Libyans against the multiple armed factions that have run rampant for months in cities around the country. The militias have become more powerful than the regular security forces, and successive governments since last year’s fall of Moammar Gadhafi have been unable to rein them in.

Other signs mourned the killing of U.S. Amb. Chris Stevens, reading, “The ambassador was Libya’s friend” and “Libya lost a friend.”

Might have been a good idea not to have killed him then.... :eusa_whistle:

Might have been a good idea not to have killed him then.... :eusa_whistle:

They didn't. It was extremists who killed them.

I'm skeptical but..

"
"I don't want to see armed men wearing Afghani-style clothes stopping me in the street to give me orders, I only want to see people in uniform," said Omar Mohammed, a university student who took part in the takeover, which protesters said was done in support of the army and police.
No deaths were reported in the incident, which came after tens of thousands marched in Benghazi in a rally against armed militias. A vehicle was also burned at the compound, which was taken over by Libyan security forces after its occupants fled."

I can't believe nobody's dead. Those guys just retreated?

Libyans storm militia in backlash of attack on US - Houston Chronicle

And check this, I've never heard anything like this from tribal entities before?:

"Leaders of tribes, which are the strongest social force in eastern Libya, have come forward to demand that the militias disband. Tribal leaders in Benghazi and Darna announced this week that members of their tribes who are militiamen will no longer have their protection in the face of anti-militia protests. That means the tribe will not avenge them if they are killed."

If this is real it is huge.

I wonder what happens if the militias refuse which I suspect they will and how long it will be before the militias start killing the protesters if they keep pushing?

If the tribal leaders stop protecting them and start in on them, they're toast.

But I have to say..what motivated many of them was a fear of being bombed.

I say we don't get involved with these people again until they get their you know what together.
Pull the aid back.
We break off diplomatic ties.

When they get their country stabilized and guarantee that they can protect our
people then maybe we return...

I feel bad for being cynical but there you have it, I feel cynical. It's like it's too good to be true.

How long have we been waiting to hear this:

"If they are the 'supporters of Shariah' then who are we?" he said. "We don't want the flag of al-Qaida raised over heads," he added, referring to Ansar al-Shariah's black banner." from anyone in Islam, except for a few scholars suffering under fatwa....

Forum List

Back