Old TV shows are beating Hollywood's DEI agenda

Black African Americans watch 25% more commercial TV channels than Whites. Therefore they are becoming the targeted audience.

I have stopped purchasing 90% of the products that are in woke commercials that I would use. A lot of it is that the prices have risen to the point that the store brand is preferable. The commercials are not just woke, they are stupid.

I’ve finished the new “ Frasier “
He is intoxicating as that character
Wow, a new Frasier! Couldn't expect that after more than 20 years. Didn't get from your resume if it's good or not so much. )) Took a peek at some YouTube clip of it and what did I see? The British professor or whoever he is is played by a guy from Only Fools and Horses, Rodney that is. Rodney the professor? Funny, kind of.
What about the woke bullshit though? Filled to the brim I suppose?

What about Frasier? Was it ever popular in America? I never got to watching Cheers but liked Frasier very much.
Frasier was popular, I never really got into it. Cheers was okay.

A few others:

Taxi
Sanford and Son
Kung Fu
Laugh-in
Flip Wilson
Star Trek
Outer Limits
Twilight Zone

Wow, a new Frasier! Couldn't expect that after more than 20 years. Didn't get from your resume if it's good or not so much. )) Took a peek at some YouTube clip of it and what did I see? The British professor or whoever he is is played by a guy from Only Fools and Horses, Rodney that is. Rodney the professor? Funny, kind of.
What about the woke bullshit though? Filled to the brim I suppose?
It takes swipes at all sides ( Kelsey is a not so closeted Conservative / Trumper these days )

There are two Black actors worth watching, Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman. Every movie is better when they're in it.

Recently I have been watching Spencer for Hire and Hawk. Briefly watched some episodes of Columbo,Magnum PI and CSI NY. As well.

I can’t remember the last time I watched new programming.

I watch the older shows because it was a less complicated time for me. Bonanza, The Waltons, Star Trek. And when I watched The Jeffersons, I didn't see it in terms of race. I watched it because it was funny.

I don't watch TV shows or movies with a DEI cast or story line. If the cast isn't White and straight I don't watch it.

It has greatly reduced the amount of TV and movies I watch. I don't care.

It looks like I am not alone.

Just another example of the demented minds of the Hollywood Liberals.

Why Old TV Shows Are Beating Hollywood’s Billion Dollar DEI Machine

Directors, writers and actors hired to fill DEI quotas make garbage that turns off viewers.​

Wokeness is dying.

'Suits,' a legal drama that premiered 12 years ago, had more than double the number of viewing minutes than Netflix's race-swapping woke usurpation fantasy, "Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story."
'Reacher' now ranks as the number two series on streaming, vastly outperforming anything else on Amazon, suggesting that male audiences have been deprived of programming.

But another issue is a radical demographic transformation in the industry that began with #MeToo and the BLM hate movement. Hollywood made DEI commitments and carried them out, whether it was locking the Oscars behind racial quotas for participating films or dumping white male talent in favor of affirmative action quotas.
It is an interesting phenomenon to watch. The game show "Family Feud" used to have a fair representative cross cut of American society over time so you sometimes saw what the "Chicanos" here would call "Anglo" families, black families, Asian families, Hispanic Families. And I love love love Steve Harvey who took over the program. But since the 'woke' doctrines went into effect, the two families now are almost at least one black family and sometimes both contestant families are black. You would think we're living in an African country or Haiti or America.

But I did love the old sitcoms featuring black families such as "The Cosby Show", "Family Matters", "The Jeffersons" after they spun off from "All in the Family." But "All in the Family" was such a wonderful comedy making harmless fun of racist views of both black and white ordinary people while subtly teaching and probably did more for race relations in this country than all the civil rights efforts put together. It is now mostly banned and considered un-PC because God forbid Americans make fun of the way we are and thus render it harmless.

It is an interesting phenomenon to watch. The game show "Family Feud" used to have a fair representative cross cut of American society over time so you sometimes saw what the "Chicanos" here would call "Anglo" families, black families, Asian families, Hispanic Families. And I love love love Steve Harvey who took over the program. But since the 'woke' doctrines went into effect, the two families now are almost at least one black family and sometimes both contestant families are black. You would think we're living in an African country or Haiti or America.

But I did love the old sitcoms featuring black families such as "The Cosby Show", "Family Matters", "The Jeffersons" after they spun off from "All in the Family." But "All in the Family" was such a wonderful comedy making harmless fun of racist views of both black and white ordinary people while subtly teaching and probably did more for race relations in this country than all the civil rights efforts put together. It is now mostly banned and considered un-PC because God forbid Americans make fun of the way we are and thus render it harmless.
My 11 year old Granddaughter was recently watching a new movie on HBO about how Willy Wonka got started. It suppose to take place in the turn of the century Europe.

About half the cast were Black including one of the main leads. It was amazing they even cast a White as Wille.

It is like Hollywood has gone bat shit crazy with DEI.

Even the Apple presentation of Masters of the Air had to put in the Negroes. The story was suppose to be about the 100th Bomber Group that had no Blacks in it. In the historical book the series was based on the only mention of Blacks is when one of the pilots mentioned he saw one of the Tuskegee Airmen in a POW camp. The idiots were so obsessed with DEI that were making the series devoted one of nine episodes to the Blacks

It is like that if they did a remake of Band of Brothers they would cast half of E Company Black.

This Hollywood DEI shit is disgusting just like it is in the rest of the country. No wonder windows are falling off airplanes.

I still love the 3 stooges library of tremendous films. They never got that big on being woke, and were always lampooning the snooty elite and their parties as they tended to their extermination or plumbing work.

I'm surprised that more people don't name their kids "Shemp".

Forum List

Back