Old Joe gonna have his hands full

As of September, there have been about 1.485 million firearms sold here in Texas. That number is already a record for the Lone Star State.

The previous record was set in 2013 when Texans purchased 1,356 million guns.

Based on FBI background data, first-time gun buyers are driving the huge increase in gun sales.

Lotsa come and take it people in this neck of the woods
Old Joe is younger than you. Right?

Why is it that so many men who boast about how well they shoot ... can’t think straight?

By the way, Gdjjr is right about how a Biden Administration will have its hands full. Internationally, domestically, economically, socially, things will be very tough. Guns in Texas — as somebody already said — are the least of Biden’s problems.

Of course a few rightwing nutjobs might one day try to pull off another presidential assassination, or maybe an Oklahoma Federal Building - type attack. It’s just hard for me to imagine that even the nuttiest militia types would target an old coot like Biden, let alone actually consider pro-corporate capitalist politicians and pro-Wall Street Democrats ... “communists.” Words don’t have much meaning these days, do they?

Last edited:
Nobody's that good with a Mosin-Nagant. I have three of them: A full-length 91/30, an M44 carbine, and an M38 carbine. The 91/30 having a longer barrel, was the most commonly-used as a sniper rifle during WW2, when it was scoped.

Mine aren't scoped and the best they can possibly do is a 4" group at 100 yards, from a sandbag rest. Even with a scoped 91/30, hitting a 3" diameter object at 100 yards is "iffy."

Hell, I have a sporterized P-1917 Enfield 30-06 with a 40mm mil-dot scope and handloads tailored for that rifle and all I can get are 1" groups at that range. What you need for that kind of accuracy is something in .556mm or .223.

I hear you on the Mosin and agree, however have a "mosin" exception. Sorta :) 1944 matching #'s Sako built M39. Captured from Russians, as 91/30's, Finns rebuilt them and DID THEY! What a rifle. It's shamed many a people in turkey shoots. In one I came out 2nd of 10 and not the only one. It was a 200 meter SCOPED, offhand event. Woodchucks, 3 of them. They were about regular shoe box lid sized heavy steel. They laughed when I paid my $$ and got in the shoot, but half walked away and left when I was done. I was beat by the Sheriffs dept SGT with a scoped PSG1

Here's his....

hk-psg1.jpg

Here's mine.... (stock photo but is a 1944 Sako)

417M39.jpg

He got 3, I got 2 during the shootoff cause we were tied at 2. Damn that was a fun shoot that year. Next year he still remembered me cause he asked me "how did you hit them at 200 meters with open sights"??? I told him "see that huge front sight? I cover the target with it, close my eyes and yank the trigger" He about died cracking up. He nicknamed me "yank the trigger"

The Finnish Mosins were the best ones ever made. I actually bough both a Finn Mosin and an M28 a few year ago, both at one garage sale. $60 apiece. Wish I'd kept them both., but I traded them for something else. That's the M28 on the bottom:

finn1.jpg

finnish m28_1.jpg

Why is it that so many men who boast about how well they shoot ... can’t think straight?

By the way, Gdjjr is right about how a Biden Administration will have its hands full. Internationally, domestically, economically, socially, things will be very tough. Guns in Texas — as somebody already said — are the least of Biden’s problems.

Of course a few rightwing nutjobs might one day try to pull off another presidential assassination, or maybe an Oklahoma Federal Building - type attack. It’s just hard for me to imagine that even the nuttiest militia types would target and old coot like Biden, let alone actually consider pro-corporate capitalist politicians and pro-Wall Street Democrats ... “communists.” Words don’t have much meaning these days, do they?

Nope. Only leftists do presidential assassinations in this country, hillbilly.

Nobody's that good with a Mosin-Nagant. I have three of them: A full-length 91/30, an M44 carbine, and an M38 carbine. The 91/30 having a longer barrel, was the most commonly-used as a sniper rifle during WW2, when it was scoped.

Mine aren't scoped and the best they can possibly do is a 4" group at 100 yards, from a sandbag rest. Even with a scoped 91/30, hitting a 3" diameter object at 100 yards is "iffy."

Hell, I have a sporterized P-1917 Enfield 30-06 with a 40mm mil-dot scope and handloads tailored for that rifle and all I can get are 1" groups at that range. What you need for that kind of accuracy is something in .556mm or .223.

I hear you on the Mosin and agree, however have a "mosin" exception. Sorta :) 1944 matching #'s Sako built M39. Captured from Russians, as 91/30's, Finns rebuilt them and DID THEY! What a rifle. It's shamed many a people in turkey shoots. In one I came out 2nd of 10 and not the only one. It was a 200 meter SCOPED, offhand event. Woodchucks, 3 of them. They were about regular shoe box lid sized heavy steel. They laughed when I paid my $$ and got in the shoot, but half walked away and left when I was done. I was beat by the Sheriffs dept SGT with a scoped PSG1

Here's his....

He got 3, I got 2 during the shootoff cause we were tied at 2. Damn that was a fun shoot that year. Next year he still remembered me cause he asked me "how did you hit them at 200 meters with open sights"??? I told him "see that huge front sight? I cover the target with it, close my eyes and yank the trigger" He about died cracking up. He nicknamed me "yank the trigger"

The Finnish Mosins were the best ones ever made. I actually bough both a Finn Mosin and an M28 a few year ago, both at one garage sale. $60 apiece. Wish I'd kept them both., but I traded them for something else. That's the M28 on the bottom:

View attachment 413424

View attachment 413425
Oh Man, eye candy!!!! I was licensed so went thru many Mosin and never a unhappy customer. Darn M44's sure had a bark though.

$60, wow. I got the M39 right, like $160 or so then jumped to $300 very quickly. Wonder now.

Here's his....

View attachment 413424

View attachment 413425
Oh Man, eye candy!!!! I was licensed so went thru many Mosin and never a unhappy customer. Darn M44's sure had a bark though.

$60, wow. I got the M39 right, like $160 or so then jumped to $300 very quickly. Wonder now.

These days are crazy. I saw $500 SKS's at the last gun show I went to. Every Mosin I saw there looked like it had been dragged down the street behind a pickup truck, and they still wanted $350-$400 for them. That was about three weeks ago.

If it wasn't for MEN who could shoot straight YOU would be under a Brit or Nazi flag, but then you would like that anyway.

For someone who chose a social media handle named after one of the heroes of the Revolutionary War, this "Tom Paine" sure sounds more like King George III.

:laughing0301:

These days are crazy. I saw $500 SKS's at the last gun show I went to. Every Mosin I saw there looked like it had been dragged down the street behind a pickup truck, and they still wanted $350-$400 for them. That was about three weeks ago.

Damn. SKS were $69 or so, asame for Mosin. $150 would buy a 1000 case 7.62x51 Port delivered. Haven't been to a gun show in 15 years, since the dealers all wanted to retire off the sale of one gun.

For someone who chose a social media handle named after one of the heroes of the Revolutionary War, this "Tom Paine" sure sounds more like King George III.

:laughing0301:

He's flaming gay. Has a wicked boner for me, has had for some time,, but not interested. It's obvious the side discussion was between you and I but little girls have to stick their snozzes in everything.

As of September, there have been about 1.485 million firearms sold here in Texas. That number is already a record for the Lone Star State.

Based on FBI background data, first-time gun buyers are driving the huge increase in gun sales.

Biden Sanders will use the army !! Go house to house
This is what Hitler did

Damn. SKS were $69 or so, asame for Mosin. $150 would buy a 1000 case 7.62x51 Port delivered. Haven't been to a gun show in 15 years, since the dealers all wanted to retire off the sale of one gun.

I've seen too much gun show stupidity. Those vendors with their priceless family heirlooms that they stole from some widow for next to nothing. You're absolutely right: Those vendors have had those guns for years, and they're trying to milk them for every penny they can get.

Me, I'm not married to the fucking things, nor to anything else. I just tattoo it to some poor sucker's forehead, and it's gone. I have alot of stuff because I have a garage sale addiction, but I'm not married to any of it. There are some guns I hang onto but if I dump one of them, the price will be be right.

And? More likely no one will come for your guns and you will shoot each other in your haze of believing your gun is longer and more powerful than your neighbors.
Please..a little decorum. Don't take innocents with you. LOL. :auiqs.jpg:

What, you don't trust my expertise with firearms?

So I take it, shooting an apple off your head at 100 yards is out of the question?

I'm not coming for your guns.
I'll take my brother's Mosin for your apple at 150 yards.
I'm really good with it. :)

I am slinky. Deadly out to almost 150Y (not quite)..without a scope. Yes, the ammo may have been suspect but as they say..this is my gun..etc...

Unless you have access to Russian-made match grade 7N1 ammo like the insurgent snipers are using the ME. Of course they also use scoped Russian Dragunovs, which are good out to 1200 meters.

Most all 7.62x54 ammo these days is crap. It's steel case and shoots all over the place. You'd be lucky to get 12" diameter groups with that stuff.

Sounds like gummed up or worn down rifling, not the ammunition. But what do I know, right?

And? More likely no one will come for your guns and you will shoot each other in your haze of believing your gun is longer and more powerful than your neighbors.

What, you don't trust my expertise with firearms?

So I take it, shooting an apple off your head at 100 yards is out of the question?

I'm not coming for your guns.
I'll take my brother's Mosin for your apple at 150 yards.
I'm really good with it. :)

I am slinky. Deadly out to almost 150Y (not quite)..without a scope. Yes, the ammo may have been suspect but as they say..this is my gun..etc...

Unless you have access to Russian-made match grade 7N1 ammo like the insurgent snipers are using the ME. Of course they also use scoped Russian Dragunovs, which are good out to 1200 meters.

Most all 7.62x54 ammo these days is crap. It's steel case and shoots all over the place. You'd be lucky to get 12" diameter groups with that stuff.

Sounds like gummed up or worn down rifling, not the ammunition. But what do I know, right?

Probably so. Many of those old Russian battle rifle have killed so many Nazis that that they now have sewer pipe bores. Plus the original cleaning rods were made out of steel, which didn't help much. In addition to that, most ammunition used before the late 40's was corrosive as fuck. Oil-based bore cleaners didn't work very well, only something with ammonia in it dissolves the corrosive salts from the primers, which they didn't have. So they just used plain hot water and soap.

That's Texas ... and these are Texans ... the least of Quid Pro Joe's problems ... gun sales are up in California as well ... that's scary ...

Funny you should mention that. California ranks third, just below Florida and then Texas.

States With The Most Gun Sales

Oregon way down the list because we don't register our firearms ...
Oregonians are too busy snorting, looting and rioting. They don’t have time to register.

Of course a few rightwing nutjobs might one day try to pull off another presidential assassination, or maybe an Oklahoma Federal Building - type attack. It’s just hard for me to imagine that even the nuttiest militia types would target an old coot like Biden, let alone actually consider pro-corporate capitalist politicians and pro-Wall Street Democrats ... “communists.” Words don’t have much meaning these days, do they?

34 assassinations or attempts of a President, 17 on a Democratic President and 17 on a Republican President. The last two Presidents each had five a piece. I’m hoping Biden serves his full term.

Then why have a gun issue in their agendas?

Joe who?

Forum List

Back