Old Joe gonna have his hands full

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
As of September, there have been about 1.485 million firearms sold here in Texas. That number is already a record for the Lone Star State.

The previous record was set in 2013 when Texans purchased 1,356 million guns.

Based on FBI background data, first-time gun buyers are driving the huge increase in gun sales.

Lotsa come and take it people in this neck of the woods

As of September, there have been about 1.485 million firearms sold here in Texas. That number is already a record for the Lone Star State.

Based on FBI background data, first-time gun buyers are driving the huge increase in gun sales.

And? More likely no one will come for your guns and you will shoot each other in your haze of believing your gun is longer and more powerful than your neighbors.
Please..a little decorum. Don't take innocents with you. LOL. :auiqs.jpg:

And? More likely no one will come for your guns and you will shoot each other in your haze of believing your gun is longer and more powerful than your neighbors.

What, you don't trust my expertise with firearms?

So I take it, shooting an apple off your head at 100 yards is out of the question?

So I take it, shooting an apple off your head at 100 yards is out of the question?

I'm not coming for your guns.
I'll take my brother's Mosin for your apple at 150 yards.
I'm really good with it. :)

Nobody's that good with a Mosin-Nagant. I have three of them: A full-length 91/30, an M44 carbine, and an M38 carbine. The 91/30 having a longer barrel, was the most commonly-used as a sniper rifle during WW2, when it was scoped.

Mine aren't scoped and the best they can possibly do is a 4" group at 100 yards, from a sandbag rest. Even with a scoped 91/30, hitting a 3" diameter object at 100 yards is "iffy."

Hell, I have a sporterized P-1917 Enfield 30-06 with a 40mm mil-dot scope and handloads tailored for that rifle and all I can get are 1" groups at that range. What you need for that kind of accuracy is something in .556mm or .223.

Nobody's that good with a Mosin-Nagant. I have three of them: A full-length 91/30, an M44 carbine, and an M38 carbine. The 91/30 having a longer barrel, was the most commonly-used as a sniper rifle during WW2, when it was scoped.

Mine aren't scoped and the best they can possibly do is a 4" group at 100 yards, from a sandbag rest. Even with a scoped 91/30, hitting a 3" diameter object at 100 yards is "iffy."

Hell, I have a sporterized P-1917 Enfield 30-06 with a 40mm mil-dot scope and handloads tailored for that rifle and all I can get are 1" groups at that range. What you need for that kind of accuracy is something in .556mm or .223.

I am slinky. Deadly out to almost 150Y (not quite)..without a scope. Yes, the ammo may have been suspect but as they say..this is my gun..etc...

Are you thinking an iPhone? ... Apple iMacs are 18 inches square ... sounds like fun ...

I am slinky. Deadly out to almost 150Y (not quite)..without a scope. Yes, the ammo may have been suspect but as they say..this is my gun..etc...

Unless you have access to Russian-made match grade 7N1 ammo like the insurgent snipers are using the ME. Of course they also use scoped Russian Dragunovs, which are good out to 1200 meters.

Most all 7.62x54 ammo these days is crap. It's steel case and shoots all over the place. You'd be lucky to get 12" diameter groups with that stuff.

Are you thinking an iPhone? ... Apple iMacs are 18 inches square ... sounds like fun ...

Pumpkins are more fun, but you have to cut the top off, clean out the guts, fill it full of water, then put the top back on. They 'splode when you hit them.

If you're looking for piss poor gun handling look no further than the NFAC.
These dumbshits have already shot 3 of their members through negligent discharges.

You have to borrow weapons from your brother?
Thats pretty pathetic.

No its not.
It's your brothers.

No its not.
It's your brothers.

Pathetic. Just lay down your weapons and surrender. You aren't worthy of our founding fathers faith.
Cheese eating Trump supportin surrender monkeys!!

If you're looking for piss poor gun handling look no further than the NFAC.
These dumbshits have already shot 3 of their members through negligent discharges.

Can we start a GoFundMe page to buy NFAC some more ammo? I know ammunition is in short supply, but that would be a good cause.

:laughing0301:

I hear you on the Mosin and agree, however have a "mosin" exception. Sorta :) 1944 matching #'s Sako built M39. Captured from Russians, as 91/30's, Finns rebuilt them and DID THEY! What a rifle. It's shamed many a people in turkey shoots. In one I came out 2nd of 10 and not the only one. It was a 200 meter SCOPED, offhand event. Woodchucks, 3 of them. They were about regular shoe box lid sized heavy steel. They laughed when I paid my $$ and got in the shoot, but half walked away and left when I was done. I was beat by the Sheriffs dept SGT with a scoped PSG1

Here's his....

hk-psg1.jpg

Here's mine.... (stock photo but is a 1944 Sako)

417M39.jpg

He got 3, I got 2 during the shootoff cause we were tied at 2. Damn that was a fun shoot that year. Next year he still remembered me cause he asked me "how did you hit them at 200 meters with open sights"??? I told him "see that huge front sight? I cover the target with it, close my eyes and yank the trigger" He about died cracking up. He nicknamed me "yank the trigger"

Forum List

Back