Oklahoma Wants To Keep A Data Base Of Everyone That Seeks An Abortion. Yes Really

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
It feels like red states are continually trying to one-up each other when it comes to restricting reproductive rights. If, say, Kansas announces it’s going to make patients jump through hoops to access abortion services, Oklahoma may stand up and say, “Hold my middling, watered-down American simulacrum of a beer and watch this! We’re gonna make ‘em jump through flaming hoops—right into our disgracefully weak social safety net. Enjoy, ladies!”

Of course, no story that begins with “Republicans have introduced a bill ...” ever ends in anything but tears.

Oklahoma Republicans have introduced a bill to the state legislature to create a government-run database that tracks women considering abortions. Senate Bill 1167, known as EMMA—Every Mother Matters Act—would create a call center for pregnant women who want “pre-abortion” resources. The hotline, however, would only provide information about “support services, other than abortion,” like adoption, housing, and child care options.’

Abortion files for Jesus!

It feels like red states are continually trying to one-up each other when it comes to restricting reproductive rights. If, say, Kansas announces it’s going to make patients jump through hoops to access abortion services, Oklahoma may stand up and say, “Hold my middling, watered-down American simulacrum of a beer and watch this! We’re gonna make ‘em jump through flaming hoops—right into our disgracefully weak social safety net. Enjoy, ladies!”

Of course, no story that begins with “Republicans have introduced a bill ...” ever ends in anything but tears.

Oklahoma Republicans have introduced a bill to the state legislature to create a government-run database that tracks women considering abortions. Senate Bill 1167, known as EMMA—Every Mother Matters Act—would create a call center for pregnant women who want “pre-abortion” resources. The hotline, however, would only provide information about “support services, other than abortion,” like adoption, housing, and child care options.’

Why not? The state wants to keep databases on who is vaxxed.

Your body your choice? Where you been this last year?

Ahhh, that's ok. Your assholes want to have a data base for everyone who gets a 600 dollar bank deposit.

Moron

That sounds nice to me "every mother matters." Lovely. :thup:

So, I skimmed through the bill, didn't really see anything about a database. Most of it seems aimed at trying to give would be mothers and alternative to abortion, by offering various services, including finding programs that can provide housing, employment, and even financial assistance.

Notice the article just links back to the daily beast and the huffpo, none of them Quote the section of the bill they are claiming talks about a database, they link to the bill and expect you to read through it, which most people won't do, they'll just believe the story as written.

I don't think this bill is as nefarious as they are claiming, granted, I didn't read the entire thing, but at a glance, it doesn't really say anything about a database. It dies talk about registering for services i think. If that's what they are talking about, that's a disingenuous way to wording it.

Why do lefties subscribe to this stuff? The "Daily Kook" blog written by an obvious phony "Pennyfarthing" author reads like a Dickens novel before you get to the crux of the bill. It creates no "data base" but merely advises women of their options before they decided to hire a technician to kill the life inside them. The term "reproductive rights" in this context is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Why do lefties subscribe to this stuff? The "Daily Kook" blog written by an obvious phony "Pennyfarthing" author reads like a Dickens novel before you get to the crux of the bill. It creates no "data base" but merely advises women of their options before they decided to hire a technician to kill the life inside them. The term "reproductive rights" in this context is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.
Ah, because they are insane.

200.gif

So OK wants to create a program to assist women who become pregnant on the various options they have, other than murder? That sounds a lot like helping mothers, which flies in the face of yet another liberal lie that conservatives don't care about the children who aren't murdered by abortion. No wonder liberals are outraged.

Democrats prove with their vaccine mandates that your body your choice no longer applies.

You fascist pigs want to keep a database on everyone who ever owned a firearm.

Spare us you phony indignation.

Forum List

Back