Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning ALL Abortions - No Rape Exceptions - 10 years in Prison for Performing one

The legislation bans all abortions except in the case of medical emergencies, and makes performing an abortion a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $100,000 fine.

Women in Oklahoma must now keep their rape baby as an eternal reminder of what happened to them - the only exception is a medical emergency.

Thoughts?!

If you kill a human, then you should go to prison.

P.S. I'm not up with the whole rape thing though. But I do understand how many innocent men are in danger of being accused of rape just so the woman can have a legal abortion.

There is no constitutional protections when it comes to abortion. It's not mentioned in the document, it's not mentioned in the discussions of rights or amendments by our forefathers.

There doesn't need to be anything listed about abortion in the constitution. We all have the right to life. Including the unborn. But there are laws against killing humans.

If a girl gets pregnant because she's screwing around, you don't call that irresponsible?
That is not for me to judge, that is not for the state to judge,; like all of us, she will only have one judge if she believes in a primitive tribal religion like Christianity.

There are no constitutional protections for most basic rights. That's the whole point of the Ninth Amendment

See above. It doesn't need to be.
Republicans tried to amend how the US government and the Constitution defines a person in 2002, the best they could do was include a " born-alive infant " in that US Cold law. Which means it extended the definition of person those legally protected by laws of the United States to infants that are born at any stage that are viable. The temperature incorporate fetuses in there, they did not meet the criteria for a person. I remember on here a person saying that a man who murdered a pregnant woman was charged with a double murder if that is the case. He can get a mistrial declared because a fetus is property not a person. Sorry about that, but actions have consequences. And all these abortion laws are going down.

Republicans tried to amend how the US government and the Constitution defines a person in 2002, the best they could do was include a " born-alive infant " in that US Cold law. Which means it extended the definition of person those legally protected by laws of the United States to infants that are born at any stage that are viable. The temperature incorporate fetuses in there, they did not meet the criteria for a person. I remember on here a person saying that a man who murdered a pregnant woman was charged with a double murder if that is the case. He can get a mistrial declared because a fetus is property not a person. Sorry about that, but actions have consequences. And all these abortion laws are going down.

That is not for me to judge, that is not for the state to judge,; like all of us, she will only have one judge if she believes in a primitive tribal religion like Christianity.

I didn't ask for your judgement, I asked for your opinion. Yes, if a woman is having sex unprotected, she is irresponsible.

There are no constitutional protections for most basic rights. That's the whole point of the Ninth Amendment

See above. It doesn't need to be.

Sure it does, because you are ignoring the document as well as the intentions for writing what they did, and redefining those words to meet your beliefs. The ninth amendment only says the BOR are not exclusive or to deny other rights. So where is the right to abortion?

There doesn't need to be anything listed about abortion in the constitution. We all have the right to life. Including the unborn. But there are laws against killing humans.

That's no help because then it goes back to the question if a fetus is a human or not, and again, that can never be resolved since it's subjective.

The legislation bans all abortions except in the case of medical emergencies, and makes performing an abortion a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $100,000 fine.

Women in Oklahoma must now keep their rape baby as an eternal reminder of what happened to them - the only exception is a medical emergency.

Thoughts?!
You never heard of adoption I take it?

Dumbass!

If you kill a human, then you should go to prison.

P.S. I'm not up with the whole rape thing though. But I do understand how many innocent men are in danger of being accused of rape just so the woman can have a legal abortion.
problem solved if there is no exception for rape

Another group of people not willing to actually back up their words.

The doctor gets punished but the mother who seeks it out and pays for gets off scott free.

These people claim there is not one difference between the baby in the womb and the baby out of the womb yet their laws never reflect this.

Cowards is what they are
Who is Scott Free? An illegitimate son?

Rape victims shouldn’t have to carry the child if they do not want to…
no, they should have Post Abortion Syndrome for the rest of their lives... always wondering who that person was they flushed down the drain... a person they could have adopted out and 20 years later visited with... They could have been proud to have done the right thing for both parties but nope, the left will not have it...

what a bunch of soul-less maniacs

Forum List

Back