Ohio Votes Against Legalizing Marijuana

Many cannabis users voted against the measure as well. They didn't want to allow a few rich people (those who contributed 2 million or more to the legalization campaign) to be given the exclusive grow rights by the state.

The legislation would have effectively created a cartel in OH.

Plants aren't drugs, they're plants.

Drugs are things that have been refined so much that they are no longer a "natural" substance.

It went down two to one. Voters said that they were influenced by the results in Colorado.

Funny how the far left did not vote for this even though it was going to be controlled and regulated by the government.

Notice that the far left does not want any restrictions on this or voting, yet they want to regulate and control everything else..

BUT - Ohio Votes Against Legalizing Marijuana
I`m glad hearing that.
It`s a step to eradicate drug addiction in the USA.

---
Drug addiction?
You don't care about individual rights?
Including the rights of responsible adults that don't get addicted easily?
You don't believe in "free will" ... to avoid addiction?

So ..............
Why not criminalize the use of cigarettes and alcohol (again)?
And treat ALL adults like kids?

I`m glad hearing that.

Think the failure was more about how the thing was structured with the 10 companies getting an effective monopoly. Woulda voted against it too and I'm all for cannabis legalization. A better law will get written without eh special interest monopoly angle and it'll pass.

I`m glad hearing that.

Think the failure was more about how the thing was structured with the 10 companies getting an effective monopoly. Woulda voted against it too and I'm all for cannabis legalization. A better law will get written without eh special interest monopoly angle and it'll pass.

Exactly. While people were for legalization, they didn't want to have those 10 people to effectively form a cartel.

I'm with you, I'm all about legalization (or at the very least having it moved off the Schedule I list), but I don't want to give a monopoly to anyone.

Forum List

Back