Ohio Police Officers Sue Rapper For Emotional Distress

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Several Ohio police officers have sued rapper and political activist Afroman, claiming he used footage from a raid on his home in his music videos, according to reports. A detective, two sergeants and four deputies filed the lawsuit earlier in March, accusing the rapper (whose real name is Joseph Foreman) of invasion of privacy. Authorities said they had the warrant to raid Afroman’s home — claiming there was probable cause that drugs and drug paraphernalia were on his property The officers claimed Afroman took the footage from the August 2022 raid and used their faces in both his music videos and social media content. They claim it has resulted in “emotional distress, embarrassment, ridicule, loss of reputation and humiliation.”.

Law enforcement also claimed there was reason to believe trafficking and kidnapping had taken place at Afroman’s home. the officers are asking for the profits made from Afroman’s recent art, the rap artist posted on Instagram that he plans to countersue them on Wednesday. He wrote: "We are waiting for public records requests from Adam’s county we still have not received.We are planning to counter sue for the unlawful raid, money being stolen, and for the undeniable damage this had on my clients family, career and property.”

I have not read anything about this guy being charged with any crimes....So if it is true that after having his home raided a year go; there were still no charges filed; it's safe to say the police found nothing to substantiate their allegations. However, from the viewpoint of the officers; if you are carrying out a lawful police raid...why would you be embarrassed and suffer from emotional distress, shame and loss of reputation if someone records your raid on their home surveillance system and uses it in their video? There is nothing that I am aware of that makes this against the law.

Last edited:
4i6Ckte.gif

Cops have feelings? yeah sure...The only one who had their right to privacy violated was the civilian perp, cops were playing Gestapo on being black.

Forum List

Back