Oh the irony...The California Department Of Fish And Wildlife on “Invasive Species”

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
This is just one of those things which makes me realize just how fucked up and twisted politicians really are. The simplest shit must never occur to them.
A Democratic run state agency in Mexifornia wants to enlighten you on invasive species and the negative impact imposed on our environment and economy by such invasiveness. Does anyone else happen to see the irony in this?
(PLEASE NOTE: Mexicans are not species...pun intended)
About Invasive Species In California

What are invasive species?
Invasive species are organisms (plants, animals, or microbes) that are not native to an environment, and once introduced, they establish, quickly reproduce and spread, and cause harm to the environment, economy, or human health.

How did they get here?
Relatively few non-native species had been introduced to California prior to its settlement by Spaniards, which began in the 1700’s. With the beginning of European settlement, non-native species were carried to California attached to the hulls of ships, submerged in the ships’ ballast, or carried along in shipments of grain.

Today, there are many different ways in which non-native invasive species are introduced to California. Commercial shipping remains a major source of unintentional introductions, along with smaller commercial fishing boats and recreational watercraft. People traveling between natural areas, farms, or waterways for work or recreation unintentionally spread invasive species on their vehicles, boats, equipment and even clothing.

Both historically and today, non-native invasive species have also been introduced purposely, without an understanding of the potential consequences of those introductions. This occurs most commonly with plants used for erosion control, livestock forage, and aquarium or garden ornamentals. Some of the animals that are currently, or were in the past, brought into California as sources of food, fur, or pets have turned into major pests.

Why are they a problem?
Californians have benefited from the introduction of many plant and animal species necessary for food or other human pursuits; however, a small proportion of introduced species become invasive and wreak havoc on the state’s environment and economy.

Invasive species threaten the diversity or abundance of native species through competition for resources, predation, parasitism, interbreeding with native populations, transmitting diseases, or causing physical or chemical changes to the invaded habitat. Through their impacts on natural ecosystems, agricultural and other developed lands, water delivery and flood protection systems, invasive species may also negatively affect human health and/or the economy. Examples of direct impacts to human activities include clogging navigable waterways and water delivery systems, weakening flood control structures, damaging crops, introducing diseases to animals that are raised or harvested commercially, and diminishing sportfish populations.

A large population of an invasive species can start from a very small number of individuals, and those individuals can be difficult to see, so they may easily go unnoticed. The tiny young of invasive shellfish or insects, a fragment of an aquatic weed, or a single plant ready to release its seeds can be enough to establish a population that could ultimately cost the state millions of dollars to address. The longer infestations are allowed to progress, the more extensive the damage and control costs, and less efficient the control efforts. However, if populations are detected early enough, eradication may still be possible. Though prevention is the best strategy for managing invasive species, “early detection and rapid response” efforts are the most effective and cost-efficient responses to invasive species that become introduced and established.

Last edited:
At school, in bio, my daughter is currently studying the importance in keeping animals in their native habitats...and how important it is that animals do not chase other animals from their native habitats...WTF?
(Bare in mind, this is being taught at USC, an extremely Leftist school.)
Meanwhile the same professors are at rallies essentially encouraging Mexico to run the blue eyed, blonde haired Caucasian out of south Mexifornia entirely.
How can these people be taken seriously?

Maybe one of our extremely rational resident lefties can explain the logic to us in detail... Mac1958 Golfing Gator g5000 or JoeB131

It's simple. You equate animals and plants to human beings, they don't.

Also, at least 3 out of those 4 you named are not liberals. Two of them are probably more conservative than you are.

So same sort of logic as this?
56a455805a306ddf31212574197c3c79.jpg

Maybe one of our extremely rational resident lefties can explain the logic to us in detail... Mac1958 Golfing Gator g5000 or JoeB131

Also, at least 3 out of those 4 you named are not liberals. Two of them are probably more conservative than you are.

There is no logic in that meme. Saving a species from extinction vs a woman's right to choose? Pretty fucking stupid.

There is no logic in that meme. Saving a species from extinction vs a woman's right to choose? Pretty fucking stupid.

Nope...it’s even simpler than that..
“It’s okay to kill the unborn human...It is not okay to kill the ‘unborn’ Eagle”
That’s your logic...simple as that...own that retarded shit.

Ahhh...another "Brown people bad" thread.

how original.

giphy.gif

I just want to understand the LefTarded mind...that’s all.

LefTarded or RightTarded...basically the same mind.

Enlighten us...what is the RighTarded equivalent to this batshit crazy lunacy?
“Save the eagle egg but not the human”
“Keep the red legged frog thriving in its native habitat but not the blond hair human”

Ahhh...another "Brown people bad" thread.

how original.

giphy.gif

I just want to understand the LefTarded mind...that’s all.

LefTarded or RightTarded...basically the same mind.

Enlighten us...what is the RighTarded equivalent to this batshit crazy lunacy?
“Save the eagle egg but not the human”
“Keep the red legged frog thriving in its native habitat but not the blond hair human”

The RighTarded equivalent is the idea that the blonde hair human has a natural habit.

I am pro choice for both males and females. I am also pro border security and stronger immigration policies.

Proud to be Asian - Asian Pride
Proud to be Black - African American Pride
Proud to be Latino - Hispanic Pride
Proud to be American - RACIST

Nope...it’s even simpler than that..
“It’s okay to kill the unborn human...It is not okay to kill the ‘unborn’ Eagle”
That’s your logic...simple as that...own that retarded shit.

To terminate a pregnancy is neither OK or not OK for me, it's not my decision.

To preserve an entire species has nothing to do with my statement above, therefore your meme is nonsensical.

I am pro choice for both males and females. I am also pro border security and stronger immigration policies.

"Proud to be American" won't get you banned from social media. Won't end up with your reputation smeared and your employment terminated. Neither will latino, asian or black pride.

Yeah because there are no black Americans in your world, are there?

"Proud to be American" won't get you banned from social media. Won't end up with your reputation smeared and your employment terminated. Neither will latino, asian or black pride.

You'd be surprised.

Yeah because there are no black Americans in your world, are there?

There are in mine but not in Leftists minds. I am a Jew, racism is the last thing on my mind, Gator Bait. Are you ready to have a real discussion or are you up to your usual trolling?

This is just one of those things which makes me realize just how fucked up and twisted politicians really are. The simplest shit must never occur to them.
A Democratic run state agency in Mexifornia wants to enlighten you on invasive species and the negative impact imposed on our environment and economy by such invasiveness. Does anyone else happen to see the irony in this?
(PLEASE NOTE: Mexicans are not species...pun intended)

What are invasive species?
Invasive species are organisms (plants, animals, or microbes) that are not native to an environment, and once introduced, they establish, quickly reproduce and spread, and cause harm to the environment, economy, or human health.

How did they get here?
Relatively few non-native species had been introduced to California prior to its settlement by Spaniards, which began in the 1700’s. With the beginning of European settlement, non-native species were carried to California attached to the hulls of ships, submerged in the ships’ ballast, or carried along in shipments of grain.

Today, there are many different ways in which non-native invasive species are introduced to California. Commercial shipping remains a major source of unintentional introductions, along with smaller commercial fishing boats and recreational watercraft. People traveling between natural areas, farms, or waterways for work or recreation unintentionally spread invasive species on their vehicles, boats, equipment and even clothing.

Both historically and today, non-native invasive species have also been introduced purposely, without an understanding of the potential consequences of those introductions. This occurs most commonly with plants used for erosion control, livestock forage, and aquarium or garden ornamentals. Some of the animals that are currently, or were in the past, brought into California as sources of food, fur, or pets have turned into major pests.

Why are they a problem?
Californians have benefited from the introduction of many plant and animal species necessary for food or other human pursuits; however, a small proportion of introduced species become invasive and wreak havoc on the state’s environment and economy.

Invasive species threaten the diversity or abundance of native species through competition for resources, predation, parasitism, interbreeding with native populations, transmitting diseases, or causing physical or chemical changes to the invaded habitat. Through their impacts on natural ecosystems, agricultural and other developed lands, water delivery and flood protection systems, invasive species may also negatively affect human health and/or the economy. Examples of direct impacts to human activities include clogging navigable waterways and water delivery systems, weakening flood control structures, damaging crops, introducing diseases to animals that are raised or harvested commercially, and diminishing sportfish populations.

A large population of an invasive species can start from a very small number of individuals, and those individuals can be difficult to see, so they may easily go unnoticed. The tiny young of invasive shellfish or insects, a fragment of an aquatic weed, or a single plant ready to release its seeds can be enough to establish a population that could ultimately cost the state millions of dollars to address. The longer infestations are allowed to progress, the more extensive the damage and control costs, and less efficient the control efforts. However, if populations are detected early enough, eradication may still be possible. Though prevention is the best strategy for managing invasive species, “early detection and rapid response” efforts are the most effective and cost-efficient responses to invasive species that become introduced and established.

Even for a leftist, they outdid the irony meter this time.

Forum List

Back