OH! The Horror of It All!!

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx told a crowd in North Carolina Tuesday that “only 49% of low-income neighborhoods have sidewalks” while more affluent areas have near 90%. In order to have a society where “everyone has a shot at the American Dream, than it’s imperative that we acknowledge these challenges.”

Transportation Secretary: Inequitable Distribution of Sidewalks Is Obstacle to American Dream
In Charlotte and probably the other cities in North Carolina, the low income neighborhoods do not need sidewalks. The reason: Young people don't walk on sidewalks. They walk in the middle of the goddam street, 5 or 6 abreast and glare at and curse drivers as they go by.

Hey, pecker heads, you try walking on 71 on the west side of Austin with no side walks.

You would fall down crying.

Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx told a crowd in North Carolina Tuesday that “only 49% of low-income neighborhoods have sidewalks” while more affluent areas have near 90%. In order to have a society where “everyone has a shot at the American Dream, than it’s imperative that we acknowledge these challenges.”

Transportation Secretary: Inequitable Distribution of Sidewalks Is Obstacle to American Dream

Wait.....didn't FDR claim that there is a 'right to good sidewalks' as his "Second Bill of Rights"...

....or was that Kim Jong-un?

Hell...........where I grew up and other areas there wasn't any stinking sidewalks...................Oh my fucking god...............Will he now push for all neighborhoods to install sidewalks...........................

Where the hell do they get these dumb assed people speaking about BS all the time................Is there like a Stupidity check that has to prove them Stupid before they can speak.

Oops.........he's a Dem isn't he................

GOD SAVE THE SIDEWALKS.......

:ack-1:

Hell...........where I grew up and other areas there wasn't any stinking sidewalks...................Oh my fucking god...............Will he now push for all neighborhoods to install sidewalks...........................

Where the hell do they get these dumb assed people speaking about BS all the time................Is there like a Stupidity check that has to prove them Stupid before they can speak.

Yeah the poor don't need sidewalks, or a place to vote. According to Republicans who don't view all humans as...human.

Wait.....didn't FDR claim that there is a 'right to good sidewalks' as his "Second Bill of Rights"...

Some dark horse candidate named Jesus..

The next kid you bitch out for being on the road playing, tell his Dad to put in sidewalks like you did in your neighborhood..

I could care less about sidewalks and bike lanes. No sidewalks and bike lanes in my neck of the woods and pity those who have sidewalks. To get my brother's house I have to walk through three big muddy fields and wade one creek when my truck won't start which does not bother me one little bit.

The next kid you bitch out for being on the road playing, tell his Dad to put in sidewalks like you did in your neighborhood..
LOL...............there weren't any when I grew up...................

I tell you what......If you are supportive of this.........you pay for it..............

I was gonna say, the dirt road I use is rough on bicycle tires...and there are a lot of hills..
Ahh, another good ole country boy on the thread. I know all about dirt roads but our dirt roads were all paved a very long time ago. We had two covered wood bridges and a giant apple orchard that Johnny Appleseed started.

I tell you what......If you are supportive of this.........you pay for it..............

When walking through mud or wading a creek, wear a pair of rubber boots. If a person cannot afford a pair or rubber boots then buy that person a pair of rubber boots on the tax payer dollar.

When walking through mud or wading a creek, wear a pair of rubber boots. If a person cannot afford a pair or rubber boots then buy that person a pair of rubber boots on the tax payer dollar.
How about they walk through and get muddy...............Will they melt..............might get Mom and dad ticked off because they were wearing their good shoes instead of the old raggedy one...............or track mud into the house.........

Perhaps we should mandate side walks through the woods for our own protection......

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32004-1360609892-4.gif

Some dark horse candidate named Jesus..

Good to see you working hard to keep up those post-totals.

He didn't actually say 'sidewalks'. He mentioned a whole bunch of other things but not sidewalks. Sorry...they are shit out of luck because of that.

Forum List

Back