Oh My...LOLOL! Lawrence O'Donnell Admits 'Error In Judgement' For Conspiracy About Trump And Russia

Did he report something that was a single source without being independently verified? Yes.

Was he extremely clear on his show that it was absolutely that? One source, and not independently verified? Yes.

Was he reckless and unprofessional as a news source to report it on air?
YES, by his own admission.

He made a poor decision in doing it, but he was honest about it.

You should hold Trump to the same standard you want to hold journalist to, and in fact a higher one given his position in government.

Honest about it in what respect? He's a crooked, shitforbrains, loud mouthed asshole trying to make shit up to suit his own agenda for his own selfish purposes.

Yes, I'm sure he just made it up and could potentially ruin his entire career in pursuit of a single story about Trump.

What a stupid fucking comment to make.
Remember Rather? He ruined his career by lying about Bush. Why is it hard to believe another supposed honest Journalist wouldn't do the same about Trump?

You should hold Trump to the same standard you want to hold journalist to, and in fact a higher one given his position in government.

Honest about it in what respect? He's a crooked, shitforbrains, loud mouthed asshole trying to make shit up to suit his own agenda for his own selfish purposes.

Yes, I'm sure he just made it up and could potentially ruin his entire career in pursuit of a single story about Trump.

What a stupid fucking comment to make.
Well both he and you are just stupid enough to do that but then truth never had any value around the fake media anyway.

The only stupid one here is the one that thinks successfully people would make that kind of mistake. I guess tat isn't something people like you that work as a janitor at Burger King has to worry about.

If O'Donnell really wanted to make the story stick, he wouldn't have been honest about its origins. The fact he did give the origins, made the responsibility of how much weight to put into on the watcher, which is the same thing people should be doing no matter how many sources there are... but given the number of Trump supporters on this forum that believe every Gateway Pundit story, that doesn't happen very often. O'Donnell's story had one source more than most Gateway Pundit ones.
Ya like Rather and Bush right?

Did he report something that was a single source without being independently verified? Yes.

Was he extremely clear on his show that it was absolutely that? One source, and not independently verified? Yes.

He was honest about it AFTER Trump's lawyers threatened multiple lawsuits!

Really? Because I saw it on video. You just proved you can't think for yourself and just believe what is told to you.

He was VERY clear the night he said it that it was a source directly to him, and that it was a single source that had not go through the sourcing process.

Really? Because I saw it on video. You just proved you can't think for yourself and just believe what is told to you.

He was VERY clear the night he said it that it was a source directly to him, and that it was a single source that had not go through the sourcing process.

So he essentially admitted prior to acting irresponsible, that he was going to act irresponsible as a news source. And that makes it ok?
By your logic, if I tell you I’m going to rob you, then I rob you, all is forgiven. Lame dude!

Nice spin.

Townhall.com ^ | August 28, 2019 | Timothy Meads

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell just could not contain himself. In his eagerness to defeat President Donald J. Trump he rushed out on his show Tuesday night to report that a source close to the matter told him that Deutsche Bank had President Donald J. Trump's tax returns, they confirmed he paid little to no taxes, and that, here's what O'Donnell said was the huge bombshell, that the Trumpster had loans co-signed with Russian oligarchs close to Vladimir Putin. The only problem with this? It was based off a "single source," O'Donnell's employer never confirmed the story, and even Deutsche Bank is refusing to confirm the story.

O'Donnell told his colleague Rachel Maddow that a "single source close to Deutsche Bank has told me that Donald Trump's loan documents there show that he has co-signers. That's how he was able to obtain those loans. And that the co-signers are Russian oligarchs."

"If true," O'Donnell theorized, "that would be a significant factor in Vladimir Putin's publicly stated preference for presidential candidate Donald Trump over presidential candidate Hillary Clinton."

But by the end of the show, he told his audience that he wanted to "stress" these allegations were from a single source and that his network had not confirmed the story yet.

On Wednesday, an NBC booking producer confirmed that "The information came from a single source who has not seen the bank records. NBC has not seen those records and has not yet been able to verify the reporting."

Shortly after, O'Donnell tweeted that, "Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process." "I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight," he added. But, hey, O'Donnell probably thought "why let the truth get in the way of a good story?" Either that or he was simply chomping at the bit to find a story that actually proves Trump's a Russian puppet. Keep trying, buddy.

-----------'

It was picked up all over the place. IT was the first thing I saw when I opened my phone.

“...that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process.”

Really? It wasn’t slanderously critical of Trump?

Perhaps the QUICK WITHDRAWL AFTER THE DAMAGE WAS DONE was because the asshole got word in the news vine Trump was gonna sue his sorry ass for millions..

So all Trump has to do is release his tax returns, and we can clear this whole thing up.

Or he can abide the rules and not show his taxes if he chooses.

So he essentially admitted prior to acting irresponsible, that he was going to act irresponsible as a news source. And that makes it ok?
By your logic, if I tell you I’m going to rob you, then I rob you, all is forgiven. Lame dude!

No that is not what I said. I said there is a difference in being reckless, and being a liar. They aren't the same thing, but many of you in this tread don't understand that.

Why is the truth suddenly so important to you when you accept MULTIPLE lies EVERY single day from Trump?

Trump lies, "Oh I love it because he is playing a game and is trolling people! I don't care if he is a liar as long as I make money in the stock market."

Someone else, "OMG! What a despicable human being! What a total scumbag!"

Do you guys really not see how ignorant you are?

Forum List

Back