Officials accuse DHS acting chief of leaking ICE raids to sabotage plan

Want to know why Trump postponed the ICE raids in 10 major US cities? Because his own acting Homeland Security Secretary leaked the details of the raids to the media. He openly defied the president's wishes and aided people who broke our immigration laws to get here. Instead of ensuring our nation's security, he further imperiled it.

FIRE HIM. GET THOSE RAIDS DONE.

Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan leaked the timing and location of upcoming raids by immigration enforcement authorities in order to sabotage the operations, according to five unidentified current and former officials who spoke to The Washington Examiner.

President Donald Trump postponed the raids by two weeks on June 22, writing on Twitter that he did so at the request of the Democratic lawmakers, who asked for extra time to come up with a solution to the border crisis. All five officials told the Examiner that Trump called off the plan due to the leak.

Trump revealed on June 17 that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) would begin deporting illegal aliens in vast numbers sometime the following week. The president didn’t disclose the exact timing of the operation or the location of the planned raids. Four days later, on June 21, The Washington Post reported that the raids would begin on June 23 in Houston, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles.

The Washington Post story, written by a reporter who traveled with McAleenan by plane prior to the publication of the leak, includes several unattributed accounts detailing how McAleenan argued against large-scale raids. McAleenan instead advocated for small-scale operations that wouldn’t draw as much media backlash, the Post reported.

Report: Acting DHS Chief McAleenan Leaked ICE Raid Details to Derail Operation
5 unnamed sources.

i don't take those when the left did it, i'm not going to listen to those now.

I was clearly outraged at this. There are too many people in his administration willing to betray him at a moment's notice.

Whose fault is that?

If you as a leader don't inspire loyalty in your subordinates, that's kind of on you.

The fact that Trump has so much back-biting in his administration, is a commentary on his poor leadership.

ajoebworld.jpg

Want to know why Trump postponed the ICE raids in 10 major US cities? Because his own acting Homeland Security Secretary leaked the details of the raids to the media. He openly defied the president's wishes and aided people who broke our immigration laws to get here. Instead of ensuring our nation's security, he further imperiled it.

Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan leaked the timing and location of upcoming raids by immigration enforcement authorities in order to sabotage the operations, according to five unidentified current and former officials who spoke to The Washington Examiner.

President Donald Trump postponed the raids by two weeks on June 22, writing on Twitter that he did so at the request of the Democratic lawmakers, who asked for extra time to come up with a solution to the border crisis. All five officials told the Examiner that Trump called off the plan due to the leak.

Trump revealed on June 17 that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) would begin deporting illegal aliens in vast numbers sometime the following week. The president didn’t disclose the exact timing of the operation or the location of the planned raids. Four days later, on June 21, The Washington Post reported that the raids would begin on June 23 in Houston, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles.

The Washington Post story, written by a reporter who traveled with McAleenan by plane prior to the publication of the leak, includes several unattributed accounts detailing how McAleenan argued against large-scale raids. McAleenan instead advocated for small-scale operations that wouldn’t draw as much media backlash, the Post reported.

Another step closer to an internecine American conflict of some kind. Culturally, philosophically, socially and morally our nation is more rabidly divided than ever before in Her history. One camp has chosen to force unprecedented cultural and ideological madness, the antithesis of all that is good and decent, on We The People to such a degree our civilization is being torn down, twisted and mutated into anti-America and a nation of anti-human life; becoming hell on this Earth. The other camp, while flawed and corrupt as any monolithic imperial bureaucracy, continues to stand however shakily for the ethos of our Founding Fathers. In the end, one ideology will swallow the other. After that happens, we'll either find ourselves living in a "Utopia" of draconian misery comparable to the plague world of the late middle ages, or rebuilding from a war won just by the skin of our teeth; a war fought between friends, siblings, parents and children; American vs. American.
So you're saying we need an independent thinking leader with common sense and the balls to confront self serving, establishment traitors? You're on the Trump train.

McAleenan was handpicked by Trump, even putting over the deputy secretary

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Another step closer to an internecine American conflict of some kind. Culturally, philosophically, socially and morally our nation is more rabidly divided than ever before in Her history. One camp has chosen to force unprecedented cultural and ideological madness, the antithesis of all that is good and decent, on We The People to such a degree our civilization is being torn down, twisted and mutated into anti-America and a nation of anti-human life; becoming hell on this Earth. The other camp, while flawed and corrupt as any monolithic imperial bureaucracy, continues to stand however shakily for the ethos of our Founding Fathers. In the end, one ideology will swallow the other. After that happens, we'll either find ourselves living in a "Utopia" of draconian misery comparable to the plague world of the late middle ages, or rebuilding from a war won just by the skin of our teeth; a war fought between friends, siblings, parents and children; American vs. American.
So you're saying we need an independent thinking leader with common sense and the balls to confront self serving, establishment traitors? You're on the Trump train.

Looks like he made a bad call with that one.

Are you a crackhead or just a natural moron?

This whole thread is BS anyway. Trump delayed the raids after speaking to Pelosi:

well, okay, if you are enough of a lemming to believe that.

Here's what happened.

Trump made a Shitter Twitter.

upload_2019-6-24_6-0-58.jpeg

DHS hadn't really planned any raids. So they scrambled to make it look like they were.

In route, big city mayors decided they weren't going to play along.

So then Trump said, "Um, yeah, I talked to Pelosi and we are going to get a deal done."

Come on, you cultists need to stop drinking the koolaid.

upload_2019-6-24_6-3-27.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-24_6-3-1.jpeg
    upload_2019-6-24_6-3-1.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 23
I was clearly outraged at this. There are too many people in his administration willing to betray him at a moment's notice.

Whose fault is that?

If you as a leader don't inspire loyalty in your subordinates, that's kind of on you.

The fact that Trump has so much back-biting in his administration, is a commentary on his poor leadership.

View attachment 266071

Naw, that's just the space I occupy in your head.

What a bunch of rubes!

I am old enough to remember when "unnamed sources" were not taken seriously by you Trumpians...now they are preaching the gospel.
The evidence against McAleenan is circumstantially damning. Like Dylan said, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

So, what you are saying is that McAleenan was yet another poor choice by Trump?

Trump makes plenty of picks that don't work out the way he wants but he has the balls to confront them or fire them when that happens. No big deal.

Looks like he made a bad call with that one.

As least he is consistent.

What a bunch of rubes!

I am old enough to remember when "unnamed sources" were not taken seriously by you Trumpians...now they are preaching the gospel.
The evidence against McAleenan is circumstantially damning. Like Dylan said, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

Trump makes plenty of picks that don't work out the way he wants but he has the balls to confront them or fire them when that happens. No big deal.

It takes no balls to fire someone.

What a bunch of rubes!

It takes no balls to fire someone.

He doesn't even have balls enough for that...

Why doesn't Trump fire people to their face?

What a bunch of rubes!

He wasn't Trumps choice. You don't understand how government works do you? He's a lifetime employee supposed to work for multiple Presidents.

How about, after firing McAllenanan, having the DoJ bring charges charges against him? Then reorganize and put ICE under the authority of the military? That way, subverting the Commander-in-Chief's orders would e a court martial offense.

I see you're new here. The fact that you don't know about the Posse Comitatus Act makes me believe you're another russian trying to get trump reelected.

So since you have no concept of our laws I'll explain it to you.

It's very simple, that law prevents US military from any police action in the US.

It's against the law for ICE to be under the military authority and for our military to be involved with any police action in the US.

What a bunch of rubes!

He wasn't Trumps choice. You don't understand how government works do you? He's a lifetime employee supposed to work for multiple Presidents.

Yes he was Trump’s choice moron.

Claire Grady was the Deputy Secretary when Neilson left. She should have become the acting Secretary, but Trump went around the laws and placed McAleenan in that position.

Educate yourself before you post next time, will save you some embarrassment

“I hire the best people”. Another lie from your blob.

Eat shit CandyCornhole.

Trump is the greatest president in a hundred years. Suck it up cupcake.

190618204654-03-trump-2020-orlando-0618-exlarge-169.jpg

Like I said, the title of this thread is a red herring anyway.
giphy.gif

The only truth in the article..
In a move he said was to placate Democrats, President Trump announced on Saturday that the nationwide immigration enforcement operation planned to start Sunday — aimed at migrant families who illegally remain in the country despite being denied asylum — was called off to give lawmakers two weeks to work on a plan to fix legal “loopholes” he said have enticed migrants to come to the U.S.

This is how stupid you are.

You're so quick to point fingers of blame at other people and call them names, you don't even remember what happened last week. It was only days ago. I don't know whether it's willful stupidity or it just comes natural for you.

trump himself told the nation about it in tweets the day before his latest announcement that he's running for reelection in Orlando.

The person who leaked it was trump. Not one of his appointees.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.54.09 AM.png

How about, after firing McAllenanan, having the DoJ bring charges charges against him? Then reorganize and put ICE under the authority of the military? That way, subverting the Commander-in-Chief's orders would e a court martial offense.

I see you're new here. The fact that you don't know about the Posse Comitatus Act makes me believe you're another russian trying to get trump reelected.

So since you have no concept of our laws I'll explain it to you.

It's very simple, that law prevents US military from any police action in the US.

It's against the law for ICE to be under the military authority and for our military to be involved with any police action in the US.
mmm hmm.
Repelling an invasion of foreign nationals on US soil isn't a police action. Or needn't/oughtn't be classed as one.

What do you guys do? Beg for more.

Pathetic.
did he say the best were always the first ones in? ever watch the apprentice? you're fired!!! why did he fire them? hmmm you ain't to bright

What do you guys do? Beg for more.

Pathetic.
did he say the best were always the first ones in? ever watch the apprentice? you're fired!!! why did he fire them? hmmm you ain't to bright

Because it was a staged reality show and he did not actually pick the contestants.

Quit confusing reality TV with real life

Forum List

Back