[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

On the All Watched Threads page there needs to be a check box by each thread. And choices to Unwatch Thread and Mark Thread As Read.

As it is now, you must click on each thread, wait for it to load up to your last read post, scroll to the top of the page, then click Unwatch Thread, then click the Confirm box, then exit the thread, again waiting for the next page to load..

Imagine doing that for 30 old threads.

watched_threads_remove.jpg

Change your preferences here:

http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences

There is no select all for watched threads, it has been suggested though.

No way I've seen to clear them all out.

http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences - make sure your preferences are set to avoid future watching.

Yep, it's a bit of clicking to be sure.

There seems to be a module that will allow an admin to remove them for you but I just don't see them installing such a make work thing.

:dunno:

So, I just click them one by one since there are some I want to keep but if there was a select all function, then I could just select all and deselect the ones I want to keep and that would be easier.

Thanks! Those check boxes are not available on the Unread Watched Threads page.

But no option to Mark Thread As Read? Sometimes a thread will become a pissing match that you just want off your radar for a while, but you don't want to Unwatch it.

Then don't watch them. :D :D

But no option to Mark Thread As Read? Sometimes a thread will become a pissing match that you just want off your radar for a while, but you don't want to Unwatch it.

Mark Thread as Read XenForo Community

A 'Mark as Read' link will appear when hovering a thread (in the same manner as the page navigation links) on the forum list, watched threads, unread threads and the recent threads pages.

Click the link and the thread will be marked as read without you needing to open it.

Those with permission to do inline moderation can as an alternative select threads and choose 'Mark Threads as Read' using the inline moderation pop-up.

This add-on uses the Template Modification System and will only work on XenForo 1.2.x or higher.
Tested on XenForo 1.2.3

I'm not seeing it. When I hover over a thread title on the Watched Threads page it just has a word balloon with the first few sentences, the thread starter's name and avatar. That's it.

I'm not seeing it. When I hover over a thread title on the Watched Threads page it just has a word balloon with the first few sentences, the thread starter's name and avatar. That's it.

Yes, that's simply an extensible plugin Synth. It's a feature that can or may be added.

What you tried to do would have that effect if it was installed and functional.

Oh, ok. Thanks, Ropey. They should install that. Is that an extra cost, or do they have a variety of modules they can install under their particular package?

They should also look for a way to Mark All Forums Read which is very handy if you have left the forum for a while and come back to a bunch of old threads in your UserCP.

Those boxes NEED to be on the Unread Watched Threads page.

Try to click all the threads that have replies that you don't care about seeing. You're going through pages and pages and won't get them all.

On the Unread Watched Threads page it would be very easy to go right down the list.

Oh, ok. Thanks, Ropey. They should install that. Is that an extra cost, or do they have a variety of modules they can install under their particular package?

Programming pretty much always costs. This feature is template driven and merging may be easier than it was with vb. I've not played with anything on forum templates since PHPbb.

:dunno:

They should also look for a way to Mark All Forums Read which is very handy if you have left the forum for a while and come back to a bunch of old threads in your UserCP.

Mark all forums read is here:

Mark Forums Read

frmread.jpg

Those boxes NEED to be on the Unread Watched Threads page.

Try to click all the threads that have replies that you don't care about seeing. You're going through pages and pages and won't get them all.

On the Unread Watched Threads page it would be very easy to go right down the list.

I don't have the same needs I suppose. C_K can discuss that depth of programming.

Doesn't matter. When Ravi takes a test, the outcome is preordained.

Deleting a reply. I deleted one because I changed my mind but it stayed in the little box, and the next time I replied to the thread, the deleted post showed up at the top of the post.

Kind of creepy.

What did I tell ya.

Can I pick, em or what?

Deleting a reply. I deleted one because I changed my mind but it stayed in the little box, and the next time I replied to the thread, the deleted post showed up at the top of the post.

Kind of creepy.

oh yeah, i already noticed that last week...

you just have to let the blank reply window sit long enough to stick.

Anyone notice that the go to first new post button started glitching out today? It takes you in the general vicinity but sometimes above and sometimes below the actual first "new" post.

I suggest that the developers make the box that contains the posts and replies wider. It would make the posts much easier to read and you wouldn't have to scroll down 10 feet to get to the bottom of a chain of replies.

they have seen that suggestion before - right side is for adverting but still seems overly large or put it on the bottom where it belongs .... its like tunnel vision, still hoping they will change it.

also the PREVIEW tab should be in view without having to go find it by clicking more options.

Forum List

Back