Oddball's Totally Awesome Paragliding Thread

Pretty much.

The differences are that a hang glider has a rigid frame where a paraglider is a canopy that fills with ram air. Hence a hang glider can go faster, has far better wind penetration and can attain faster ground speeds.
And is MUCH more maneuverable, and can be taken up to the tops of buildings in the middle of the night without being too conspicuous!

Yesterday went Snowshoeing for a few hours west of Boulder, CO (Eldora).

First stopped off at McGluckens to rent 2 pair shoes = $20.00
Second Stop was the House of Pancakes, breakfast for 2 = $20.00
Third Stop was Eldora Montain "Resort" trail Fee = $30.00
Forth Stop was "Ipaca" Store 2 Caps Made in Peru = $40.00
Fifth Stop was Neaderland Bar & Grill = $25.00

$135.00 Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM:cool:

Are the lifts at Eldora even still operating?

I put "Resort" in quotations for a reason. Eldora isn't much of a resort, even if the lifts are operating.

I noticed them working a couple of years ago, but the Snowshoe trail isn't anywhere near the Alpine slopes, so I don't know. The trail we took, "Lone Star" is part of the Cross Country trail system, and we only saw 2 guys sliding mostly on theirs asses passing downhill

Dude is a modern-day Leo Valentin, the most famous "birdman" of all time. Here's a picture of him:

22.jpg

That's some pretty cool shit Dude. That was a trip watching that guy take off. Large nut sack required.

;)

Just found a video taken of my last flight at Marshall.

Although the breeze was kinda weak and funky, it was still nice a flyable day!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyFmGlneZDI]YouTube - Bunch of paragliders launching at Marshall[/ame]

Forum List

Back