October 'Noreaster!

It's messing up ours, too. We were going to go to my fiancee's mom's on Saturday to blow leaves for her and fix the heater in her hot tub, but I'm not sure that will be possible. She has rain forecasted for the morning, then snow after noon. She lives in Harpers Ferry and it's steep driving there.

It's messing up ours, too. We were going to go to my fiancee's mom's on Saturday to blow leaves for her and fix the heater in her hot tub, but I'm not sure that will be possible. She has rain forecasted for the morning, then snow after noon. She lives in Harpers Ferry and it's steep driving there.

Look on the bright side, snow will cover the leaves and ain't no point heating a hot tub under a few feet of snow. Win!

Look on the bright side, snow will cover the leaves and ain't no point heating a hot tub under a few feet of snow. Win!
:lol: True, but Paul is DYING to use his new leaf blower. You know boys and toys! And her hot tub is enclosed in a sun room.

:lol: True, but Paul is DYING to use his new leaf blower. You know boys and toys! And her hot tub is enclosed in a sun room.

Yeah, I think the leaf blowing is out of the question. Too bad. New toys can be fun!

My son is supposed to be driving home from college with his girlfriend late Saturday afternoon. I need to get in touch with him and tell him he'd be better off staying at school. Sigh. We were all supposed to be heading out to a play on Saturday night, but right now jammies, a blanket and movie sound much better.

Yeah, I think the leaf blowing is out of the question. Too bad. New toys can be fun!

My son is supposed to be driving home from college with his girlfriend late Saturday afternoon. I need to get in touch with him and tell him he'd be better off staying at school. Sigh. We were all supposed to be heading out to a play on Saturday night, but right now jammies, a blanket and movie sound much better.
Yes, call him. When I was in college, the weather forecast was not priority information for me.

Once, without checking the weather, I decided to head home on a whim. Got stuck in a blizzard.

Yeah, call him.

I don't remember a Halloween with snow - but I do remember one Easter - back in the 70s, we had a foot of snow in Connecticut !

That was back when they were predicting a decent into an ice age.

Can you post anything without lying, Walleyes? Or do you get your science from Newsweek and Time?

There were a couple of years in the '50s when we lived about 10 miles from town, and Dad had promised to take us to town to trick-or-treat. Started snowing about noon, and by 5, the snow was over a foot deep. Looks like that area may see something like that again this year.

My son and his girlfriend had to cancel their backpacking trip to West Virginia. They drove up, hiked a bit, and ended up driving back home.

Leave it to the left to claim that unusual cold temps are a a sign that the earth is warming. They will hire about a dozen crooked "scientists" to make a hundred skewed graphs and proclaim that cold is really warm and then punish Americans for their decades of cheap energy.

I don't remember a Halloween with snow - but I do remember one Easter - back in the 70s, we had a foot of snow in Connecticut !

That was back when they were predicting a decent into an ice age.

Can you post anything without lying, Walleyes? Or do you get your science from Newsweek and Time?

It is you who is dishonest rocks.

Science magazine (Dec. 10, 1976) warned of "extensive Northern Hemisphere glaciation."

Science Digest (February 1973) reported that "the world's climatologists are agreed" that we must "prepare for the next ice age."

The news mags of the day, newsweek, the christian science monitor, the new york times, etc were only reporting what the climatologists of the day were stating just as is happening today.

The Christian Science Monitor ("Warning: Earth's Climate is Changing Faster Than Even Experts Expect," Aug. 27, 1974) reported that glaciers "have begun to advance," "growing seasons in England and Scandinavia are getting shorter" and "the North Atlantic is cooling down about as fast as an ocean can cool

Newsweek agreed ("The Cooling World," April 28, 1975) that meteorologists "are almost unanimous" that catastrophic famines might result from the global cooling that the New York Times (Sept. 14, 1975) said "may mark the return to another ice age.

The Times (May 21, 1975) also said "a major cooling of the climate is widely considered inevitable" now that it is "well established" that the Northern Hemisphere's climate "has been getting cooler since about 1950."

Like it or not rocks, the scientific community were predicting an ice age in the early 70's. The fact that the news reported what the "experts" said doesn't alter the fact.

Poor rocks. You just keep grasping those straws. When it starts getting really cold, maybe you will have enough to start yourself a fire to keep warm.

Here is what some of your high priests had to say about the fact that it hasn't been warming even though atmospheric CO2 continues to rise:

“It’s really subtle,” he said. “It’s hard to track how much is going into the oceans, because the oceans are soaking up some of the heat. And in a lot of places the measurements just aren’t accurate enough. We do have satellites that can measure the energy budget, but there’s still assumptions there. There’s assumptions about the oceans, because we don’t have a whole lot of measurements in the ocean.” John Barnes

"The hiatus [in warming] was not unexpected. Variability in the climate can suppress rising temperatures temporarily, though before this decade scientists were uncertain how long such pauses could last. In any case, one decade is not long enough to say anything about human effects on climate; as one forthcoming paper lays out, 17 years is required." Kevin Trenberth

On a personal note, I would like to see where trenberth ever predicted that warming would stop for a decade or more.

“What’s really been exciting to me about this last 10-year period is that it has made people think about decadal variability much more carefully than they probably have before,” said Susan Solomon, an atmospheric chemist and former lead author of the United Nations’ climate change report, during a recent visit to MIT. “And that’s all good. There is no silver bullet. In this case, it’s four pieces or five pieces of silver buckshot.” Susan Solomon

These revelations are prompting the science’s biggest names to change their views. Jim Hansen

We make a mistake, anytime the temperature goes up, you imply this is due to global warming,” he said. “If you make a big deal about every time it goes up, it seems like you should make a big deal about every time it goes down.” John Daniel

This no-warming-since-1998 discussion has prompted people to think about the why and try to understand the why,” Santer said. “But it’s also prompted people to correct these incorrect claims.” Ben Santer

Climate models failed to reflect the sun’s cyclical influence on the climate and “that has led to a sense that the sun isn’t a player,” Lean said. “And that they have to absolutely prove that it’s not a player.” Judith Lean

“….many of the scientists sorting out the warming hiatus disagree with one another – in a chummy, scholarly way. Judith Lean, the solar scientist, finds Kaufmann’s work unpersuasive and unnecessarily critical of China. Kaufmann finds Solomon’s stratosphere studies lacking in evidence. Hansen and Trenberth can’t agree on a budget.

Forum List

Back