Obama's Plan To Control The Internet Through Net-Neutrality Even Supporters Don't Know About

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Obama has government employees monitoring and responding to our posts, and pretty soon he plans on controlling every aspect of the internet through his new regulations. Obama can't stand freedom of speech. He can't stand critics. Just the other day he was whining about how Fox News and Rush Limbaugh have polarized the voting public, not he himself.

Republican FCC Member Warns Net Neutrality Is Not Neutral
AP546380141718-640x480.jpg

AP Photo/Gregory Bull
by Chriss W. Street9 Feb 2015Newport Beach, CA2363

Ajit Pai, the sole Republican Commissioner on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), inferred in a Tweet that President Barack Obama’s secret, 332-page “Net Neutrality” document is a scheme for federal micro-managing of the Internet to extract billions in new taxes from consumers and again enforce progressives’ idea of honest, equitable, and balanced content fairness.
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler recently acknowledged that the two Democrats on the commission had decided to avoid Congressional input regarding the Internet by adopting President Franklin Roosevelt’s 1934 Communications Act to regulate the Internet with the same federal control as the old AT&T customer monopoly. To make sure that libertarian advocates would remain in the dark, Wheeler “embargoed” release of any of the specifics in the new administrative “policy” that will act as law.

The FCC legislation that was passed eighty-one years ago by the most leftist Congress in American history to ban companies from participating in “unjust or unreasonable discrimination” when providing phone services to customers.

But in 1949, the Democrat-dominated Commission implemented the “Fairness Doctrine” that required holders of media broadcast licenses to present “issues of public importance” in a manner that is “honest, equitable, and balanced” in the “Commission’s view. It would take 39 years before a conservative Congress could overturn a policy that hijacked the mainstream media to kowtow to liberals or face loss of their licenses.

If the Internet economy was a country, it would rank fifth, behind only the U.S., China, Japan, and India. Economic activity on the Internet totals $4.2 trillion, and almost half of the earth’s 7 billion people are already connected to the Web.

Ajit Pai’s description of “President Obama’s 332-page plan to regulate the Internet” sounds Orwellian. He tweeted a picture of himself holding the 332-page plan just below a picture of a smiling Barack Obama with a comment, “I wish the public could see what’s inside.” The implication depicted Obama as George Orwell’s “Big Brother.”

B9LAFM7CEAE-EHP.jpg

Pai also released a statement: “President Obama’s plan marks a monumental shift toward government control of the Internet. It gives the FCC the power to micromanage virtually every aspect of how the Internet works,” he said. “The plan explicitly opens the door to billions of dollars in new taxes on broadband… These new taxes will mean higher prices for consumers and more hidden fees that they have to pay.”

Pai had previously observed that he was concerned about the plan would hinder broadband investment, slow network speed and expansion, limit outgrowth to rural areas of the country, and reduce Internet service provider (ISP) competition.

“The plan saddles small, independent businesses and entrepreneurs with heavy-handed regulations that will push them out of the market,” Pai said. “As a result, Americans will have fewer broadband choices. This is no accident. Title II was designed to regulate a monopoly. If we impose that model on a vibrant broadband marketplace, a highly regulated monopoly is what we’ll get.”

Republican FCC Member Warns Net Neutrality Is Not Neutral - Breitbart

Since the US has shittier internet service than any developed country, the information oligarchs are not going to get any sympathy from the average consumer.
:boohoo:

Since the US has shittier internet service than any developed country, the information oligarchs are not going to get any sympathy from the average consumer.

I assume you're referring to the govt since they're the ones seeking control of the internet in addition to adding massive and excessive taxes to the everyday user.

I wish the public could have seen what's inside the ACA.

Of course, we had to pass it to find out.

Obama is a shrewd calculating manipulative despot.
...and a Marxist to boot! He will do all that he can to silence ALL PEOPLE that publicize criticism of his sorry ass!

Obama is delusional in thinking that he alone knows what we need.

I wish the public could have seen what's inside the ACA.

Of course, we had to pass it to find out.

Obama is a shrewd calculating manipulative despot.

Dont know about that last sentence..
Americans have proven themselves to be morons when it comes to politics and policy and have no one to blame but themselves.

They're giving away our country and and putting us so deep in debt that we have no chance of getting it paid off.....and the American people dont say boo.

I suspect that most Americans don't know how bad the service is here.

As to the OP, its obvious that President Obama wants to take over the world and declare himself the planet-wide emperor.

:rolleyes:

FCC Reclassifys Broadband In Title II What it Means For You Digital Trends

Yes and you will still vote far left even knowing such information..

Liberals are in decline, they were wiped out during the last few elections and there are now fewer Democrats in congress than since 1921. If this continues and it shall they will become increasingly desperate so nothing would surprise me.

I assume you're referring to the govt since they're the ones seeking control of the internet in addition to adding massive and excessive taxes to the everyday user.

Yawn. Feel free to cite the language in the proposal that you are referring to. unless you are just regurgitating what some corporate stooge told you :rolleyes:

Liberals are in decline, they were wiped out during the last few elections and there are now fewer Democrats in congress than since 1921. If this continues and it shall they will become increasingly desperate so nothing would surprise me.

Dont make the mistake of thinking republicans are any different these days.
When you see them throw clowns like Jeb out there and call him a conservative you know the republican party has sold out.

When you see them throw clowns like Jeb out there and call him a conservative you know the republican party has sold out.

Libs think I'm mean for beating up on them when in fact its the lying corrupt GOP establishment fuckers who suffer my real wrath. At least liberals don't try to hide and pretend to be something other than liberals. These GOP RINO's are pretty slimy.

Libs think I'm mean for beating up on them when in fact its the lying corrupt GOP establishment fuckers who suffer my real wrath. At least liberals don't try to hide and pretend to be something other than liberals. These GOP RINO's are pretty slimy.

That they are. And it appears some conservatives dont see them for what they are,and I hate to say it but a significant number of conservatives have become low info voters these days and just follow the party line.

Yawn. Feel free to cite the language in the proposal that you are referring to. unless you are just regurgitating what some corporate stooge told you :rolleyes:

So you're down with govt taxing and cotnrolling the average user even more. Got it.

If you can't accomplish your agenda with PIPA or SOPA, well then, try something new under the guise of helping the consumer.

"The proposal also seems to leave a lot to interpretation. For example, Wheeler says lawful content, services, and sites can’t be blocked or throttled, but the definition of what constitutes lawful traffic is subject to interpretation. What if an ISP falsely accuses a site, or an entire protocol like BitTorrent, of copyright infringement? Can it then throttle or block it unjustly?

Then there’s the general conduct rule, which vaguely says the FCC can combat threats to the open Internet on its own. What constitutes a threat, though?"

Read more: FCC Reclassifys Broadband In Title II What it Means For You Page 4 Digital Trends
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Will USMB be considered a threat? :lmao:

If you can't accomplish your agenda with PIPA or SOPA, well then, try something new under the guise of helping the consumer.

"The proposal also seems to leave a lot to interpretation. For example, Wheeler says lawful content, services, and sites can’t be blocked or throttled, but the definition of what constitutes lawful traffic is subject to interpretation. What if an ISP falsely accuses a site, or an entire protocol like BitTorrent, of copyright infringement? Can it then throttle or block it unjustly?

Then there’s the general conduct rule, which vaguely says the FCC can combat threats to the open Internet on its own. What constitutes a threat, though?"

Read more: FCC Reclassifys Broadband In Title II What it Means For You Page 4 Digital Trends

This is the same link I posted above but don't expect RWs to read or understand it.

So you're down with govt taxing and cotnrolling the average user even more. Got it.

That's what the right wants.

Thankfully, Obama will stop it from happening but if a Repub gets into the White House, all that will change.

I'm down with you citing a source for the "information" that you felt the need to share with us.

This is the same link I posted above but don't expect RWs to read or understand it.

That's what the right wants.

Thankfully, Obama will stop it from happening but if a Repub gets into the White House, all that will change.

O is advocating more control and taxes.

I'm down with you citing a source for the "information" that you felt the need to share with us.

If broadband is reclassified then more taxes and control on consumers will apply.

Study Highlights Potential Tax Burden Of Net Neutrality TechCrunch

Forum List

Back